Upgrading to a Junior Suite

What's the best deal you've gotten on a junior suite upgrade?

When I do my daily price checks, I'm always given the option to upgrade to a js from our D2 for $50/day pp.

On a 7 day Mariner cruise, about $150 total difference, so around $11pp/day.

When I booked my December 14, 10-day on the Grandeur, it was 6-1/2 months before sail date. The difference was $400 ... 10/pp per day. Awesome deal -- easy choice!

My Liberty sailing next week was originally $1000 more for a 5 day, but before final payment I got three price drops that totaled over $500, so it's costing about $50/pp per day more than a balcony for the 5-day cruise. At one point, the cost of the balconies on this cruise was so high that the price between the JS and the balcony was only about $10-20 TOTAL! We have 2 balconies booked in our party, but we booked early and their price to upgrade would have been pretty high, especially since the price on the third and fourth person in the cabin increases significantly when you move up to a JS.

On a 7 day Mariner cruise, about $150 total difference, so around $11pp/day.

Okay, that's good to know.

I'm sure we'll be perfectly happy in our D2, but if I saw a deal like that, or for even a little more, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

On our trip to Hawaii we upgraded from the D1 we had to a Junior Suite which was then priced $60 per person LESS than our original booking!!

Needless to say we upgraded and got a reduction of price before final payment.:)

After reading this I'm even more impressed with the upgrade I got last August - two D1's to two GS's on a 7-day cruise for $600, or about $14pp/day. The JS's were sold out so I have no idea what it would've cost to do that upgrade, but I was real happy with the GS's.

That'll never happen again, I'm sure..... :)

After reading this I'm even more impressed with the upgrade I got last August - two D1's to two GS's on a 7-day cruise for $600, or about $14pp/day. The JS's were sold out so I have no idea what it would've cost to do that upgrade, but I was real happy with the GS's.

You win. :D

That's incredible!

You definitely win! :D

Forgot to mention there was 6 of us, 3 in each cabin. That helped bring down the pp/day price, but it was still a bargain.

Currently on my 7/5 Oasis sailing there is a CA resident special where I could have upgraded from 2 D4 adjoining balconies to 2 adjoining junior suites for $79 LESS per person than what we were paying for the D4s. Incredible JS price and I would have been all over it but the same special pricing applied to Boardwalk Balcony cabins and I was able to change to 2 adjoining Boardwalk Balcony cabins and save $2100 off the original price we booked. I could not be happier to have saved this much money!! Of course the 2 JSs would have been better than the Boardwalk balconies but for that savings we can pay for almost half of our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our recent Freedom 7 day cruise we went from a center hump E2 on deck 7 to a JS on deck 10 near the hump for less than we originally booked the E2.

Booked at $1099 pp then a couple of drops before final payment brought it to $999 pp. One month before the cruise at 2 a.m. On a Saturday morning, the JS's went from $1599 pp to $1049 pp. I could not dial the phone fast enough. Now of course we are totally spoiled.

Cathy

What's the best deal you've gotten on a junior suite upgrade?

When I do my daily price checks, I'm always given the option to upgrade to a js from our D2 for $50/day pp.

where do you check for these deals at?

We are sailing Granduer in November and would love to up grade or find a price drop.

On a 15 day Med cruise we upgraded to a GS for $50. We had an E hump booked. This was a BTB and on the TA, which was first, we upgraded to a JS and received a price drop from the price of the E hump cabin. I've not been able to do anything like this since!

Guest maddycat

We are sailing Granduer in November and would love to up grade or find a price drop.

You go to RCI's website and do a mock booking. I do it daily for all of the cruises that we have booked.

Just did an Oasis Balcony Cabin "D7" upgrade to "JS" for just $500 more for all 7 days. I got this 50 days before departure and about 20 days since final payment. We cruise on Oasis on May 24, 2014. I thought it was a good deal considering it was $1500 more before final payment and it looks like they got stuck with extra JS cabins. I wasn't the only one to catch these as they are now all gone.

Our first ever cruise was on Voyager of the Seas in May 2010 out of Barcelona. In January 2010 we had paid in full our D1 cabin when a suite guarantee showed up for $200 so we grabbed that and were assigned JS 1330.

Back then RCI honored priced drops after final payment date so we kept watching the prices. By the time May 2010 rolled around we had received three price drops and had $800 OBC. So if you subtract the $200 we paid for the suite guarantee, we ended up in a JS for $600 less than what we paid for the D1. :D

Needless to say we were hooked after that. :)

On our recent Freedom 7 day cruise we went from a center hump E2 on deck 7 to a JS on deck 10 near the hump for less than we originally booked the E2.

Booked at $1099 pp then a couple of drops before final payment brought it to $999 pp. One month before the cruise at 2 a.m. On a Saturday morning, the JS's went from $1599 pp to $1049 pp. I could not dial the phone fast enough. Now of course we are totally spoiled.

Cathy

Are you saying you could call at 2AM on a Sat morning? I am a night owl, so I am often looking around that time. I didn't think you could call then, though.

In addtion to checking Royal's website, you can keep an eye on the weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

This flyer changes every Thursday afternoon, and covers the sale the following week.

Hi, I'm new to RC, wondering if you all book direct or through travel agent? Does it matter when you are hoping for an upgrade? Thanks!

Booking direct or using a travel agent does not affect your ability or probability of getting upgrades.