Aqua Class A2 to A1 Eclipse

Vicjac

When I first booked my cruise my travel agent advised me i couldn't get the upgrade from A2 to A1 being a past passenger. After seeing several posts I called Celebrity and was entitled to it. I immediately called my travel agent and told him to call Celebrity. I was indeed entitled to the upgrade. Now they have nothing available in A1. My travel agent informed me that all A1 in Aqua class are under the pool area. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

When I first booked my cruise my travel agent advised me i couldn't get the upgrade from A2 to A1 being a past passenger. After seeing several posts I called Celebrity and was entitled to it. I immediately called my travel agent and told him to call Celebrity. I was indeed entitled to the upgrade. Now they have nothing available in A1. My travel agent informed me that all A1 in Aqua class are under the pool area. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Look at the deck plans.

Yes, true. The A2's are in a much better location on the S class than the A1's. Get something under the hair salon or acupuncture, and you will revel in the quietness.

Sometimes an upgrade is...not.

The aft A2s may be a better choice since they are above and below other cabins.

If your TA said you couldn´t get the upgrade he was wrong.

However, if he said you shouldn´t take the upgrade he was correct.

On S-class the A2s are in better and more quiet locations than the A1s.

Don´t go for an "upgrade" just because the word sounds appealing... ;)

On M Class ( Connie), we moved immediately from AQ midships just under the bandstand.....very noisy with dj and zumba overhead,..the cabin actualy vibrated, Hotel Dept confirmed and found us a nice quiet AQ rm forward,..great location, no noise at all! Lucky they found something for us..

On M Class ( Connie), we moved immediately from AQ midships just under the bandstand.....very noisy with dj and zumba overhead,..the cabin actualy vibrated, Hotel Dept confirmed and found us a nice quiet AQ rm forward,..great location, no noise at all! Lucky they found something for us..

We've had at least three A1 cabins on S class ships, all on the forward facing humps and we've never had a noise problem. Of course, we didn't have the sun on the balcony, but we have another cruise booked in 1608, I think, and we're looking forward (;p) to it.

And BTW, I always thought the free upgrade had to be mentioned at the time of booking to qualify. Not so. When we booked in January, I forgot to mention the upgrade, so we paid the full A1 price at the time. Last week our TA told us he had gotten us the A2 price, not a whole lot less, but $100 is $100.

When researching a 13 N Solstice New Zealand 1/4/19 cruise I noticed the A1 was 350 USD pp more than the A2 - definitely not worth it. Also noticed that the current website does not automatically give you the loyalty upgrade (A2 price for an A1) even after you have entered you Captain's Club number. Guess you have to call them.

Our experience with A1 cabin on the forward side of the hump is similar to BOSXl's.

We enjoy the larger balcony and the location near the elevators.

There are occasions where TAs are giving you a group rate which is not combinable with the usual upgrade per their pricing agreements. This is not common but it has happened to us once or twice. The $ savings was worth it.

Exact thing just happened to us, savings far out did the A1 upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums