Club Ocean Suites & Club World Owner's Suites refurbishment

florisdekort

Hello,

I've been swapping emails with Philip Herbert and thought that the below information might be of use to some others as well.

The Club Ocean Suites and Club World Owner's Suites are currently being refurbished (they do this while at sea) with new carpets (no pun intended given the Oceania thread :D), furniture, beds and bedding. Following the changes, everything should be new, fresh and in a consistent color scheme.

However - the new bed is a King size bed that can not be split into two single beds as used to be the case. So if you're traveling with a friend as opposed to your partner, that's a problem. Obviously Azamara can put an extra roll-away bed in the suite, but who pays a fortune for a suite to sleep in a roll-away bed?

Anyway, to Azamara's credit, they did listen when I voiced my concerns on board of Quest mid August, and Philip emailed me last week to say that as of November, when the refurbishment is supposed to be complete, suites 6088, 7117 and 8088 will now continue to have the option of splitting the King size bed into two single beds. The other suites will no longer have that option. A workable compromise, but something to be aware of when booking if you absolutely need two beds...

And yes, I'm now in the process of switching rooms on 6 future reservations :rolleyes:

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Does this apply to both ships? I'll be on Journey in December and would be curious to know if the changes in those suites will be done.

Michael

Journey is going to be done in the next month according to Captain Johannes. I've read a number of threads stating the current Club World Owner's Suites were tatty. I stayed in 6091 on Journey this past week and found it very comfortable and certainly not tatty. More grandma's house than modern chic, but just fine. I'm in 6088 on Quest next month and will be interested to compare.

Phil

Journey is going to be done in the next month according to Captain Johannes. I've read a number of threads stating the current Club World Owner's Suites were tatty. I stayed in 6091 on Journey this past week and found it very comfortable and certainly not tatty. More grandma's house than modern chic, but just fine. I'm in 6088 on Quest next month and will be interested to compare.

Phil

You will find Quest every bit as marvelous as Journey. I guarantee it!

However - the new bed is a King size bed that can not be split into two single beds as used to be the case. So if you're traveling with a friend as opposed to your partner, that's a problem. Obviously Azamara can put an extra roll-away bed in the suite, but who pays a fortune for a suite to sleep in a roll-away bed?

Floris

Hi Floris,

Thank you for the update. While I'm very pleased to hear that Azamara is upgrading the Club Ocean & World Owners Suites, I'm disappointed they've opted to select bedding that cannot be split. I'm sure Azamara knows what they are doing - but you are right in that it could be an issue for those that are traveling with friends or relatives, who are unwilling to sleep in the same bed. Hard to imagine that Azamara could not come up with an excellent bedding solution that would work for all situations - especially as they are the top of the line suites.

Though I'm sure the bedding will be welcome by most, I suspect that some bookings may be lost to lower priced cabins due to this decision.

Edited by Host Andy

Though I'm sure the bedding will be welcome by most, I suspect that some bookings may be lost to lower priced cabins due to this decision.

Agreed. Or lost completely. Unfortunately 5 of my 6 upcoming Azamara cruises were booked in a suite that going forward does not allow the bed to be split in two singles. Azamara managed to relocate me on 3 out of 5 cruises, but for the remaining 2 cruises, all suites are taken and the other guests are refusing to swap cabins (Azamara was kind enough to contact them), so unfortunately it looks like it's plan B for me - Oceania. I have never cruised Oceania and I never would have had it not been for this 'situation'. Shame :(

F

Agreed. Or lost completely. Unfortunately 5 of my 6 upcoming Azamara cruises were booked in a suite that going forward does not allow the bed to be split in two singles. Azamara managed to relocate me on 3 out of 5 cruises, but for the remaining 2 cruises, all suites are taken and the other guests are refusing to swap cabins (Azamara was kind enough to contact them), so unfortunately it looks like it's plan B for me - Oceania. I have never cruised Oceania and I never would have had it not been for this 'situation'. Shame :(

F

I'm very surprised that Azamara would rather let you cancel the cruise than accommodate you with a bed choice that was available when you booked the cruise. How difficult would it have been for a group of cabin stewards to carry the bed that can be split out of one suite and place it in another suite for the duration of your cruise? (and yes, I understand some dismantling would have to be done to the bed frames) It really is a shame.

The other side of the coin for Azamara, of course, is it may have picked up more than two bookings from those who care especially for king beds. But I do regret you must change plans.

I really am surprised that Azamara would pick bedding that cannot be split. Is it because it is king-sized rather than queen??
Don't know why that should be an inhibitor. A king is the size of two long twins side-by-side. Edited by marinaro44

Don't know why that should be an inhibitor. A king is the size of two long twins side-by-side.

Here are three real life examples. Two men, or two women sharing the suite.

Also a male & female (read married couple) where there are real reasons for separate beds e.g. restless leg syndrome, etc.

A very dumb decision IMHO. Can't think of another cruise line that doesn't have beds that can be separated- especially in high cost suites.

Oh, I thought they purchased ones that could not be split. If they can be split, fine, no problem!

Perhaps Bonnie can clarify for us.

After the Oct/Nov 2014 Suite upgrades / refurbishment, the Club World Owner's Suites and Club Ocean Suites bedroom will have one permanent king size bed with the exception of CW suites: 6088, 7114, 8088. These three suites will still have the option of two beds, apart or together.

The new sofa in the Club World & Club Owners suites will not be convertible to a sleeper sofa. Roll-away beds are available.

Refurbishment is expected to be completed by QS 11/10 and JR 11/27.

After the Oct/Nov 2014 Suite upgrades / refurbishment, the Club World Owner's Suites and Club Ocean Suites bedroom will have one permanent king size bed with the exception of CW suites: 6088, 7114, 8088. These three suites will still have the option of two beds, apart or together.

The new sofa in the Club World & Club Owners suites will not be convertible to a sleeper sofa. Roll-away beds are available.

Refurbishment is expected to be completed by QS 11/10 and JR 11/27.

Thanks for checking into this for us, Bonnie.

• 3 months later...
What about Club Continent Suites on deck 8? N1, N2. Have those mattresses been replaced. They were very bad on our last stay a few years ago.

All the mattresses were changed out a little while ago. I find them comfortable. If you need an extra mattress cover then ask you butler and he should be able to sort.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden