Shareholder Credit Denied

TahoeLady

Me too! After a few emails I finally received $25.! Stockholder credit should be and had been TOTALLY Separate from the cruise price. I too have been a stockholder for 10+ years. Waiting to see if it will break $100/per share then I'm going to sell! Problem is I will be smacked with a huge tax bill because I purchased at $9.50 share.

Have not had this type of problem with my Carnival stock.

I used to be loyal to Royal but not any more!:(

Have the shares since 4 or 5 years ago. Never had a problem (we sail about 3 times a year) until recently. Out of 3 cruises, 1 RCL and 2 Celebrity, only managed to get 1 from the Celebrity. The reasons they gave is a generic one. When ask for more information, it becomes even more confusing. Every little factor. For example, that one free upgrade (even though we never see it, but they claimed it's there, so no credit). Or special rate.. and from Special Rate, there's a host of special rates given that you will not know which one is yours. I mean I think nowadays, you have to book at book price to get any credit, but then, what idiot would book at that price? So as long as the shares are doing well, consider that the credit!

It was a nice benefit while it lasted, but for us, an easy one to get over. With being Diamond and Elite members we get plenty of nice benefits from the company. If the stock is selling for around $100 a share, that's more than 5 times what we paid for it, not bad.....maybe we will sell it and take a really nice cruise! [emoji41]

I have only been able to use stock benefit on 1 or 2 cruises out of 24 with X. I have not always had other benefits. Maybe they have changed the rules . This is one area where Princess does better than X. They will let you have stock benefit with 3 or 4 others.

I have only been able to use stock benefit on 1 or 2 cruises out of 24 with X. I have not always had other benefits. Maybe they have changed the rules . This is one area where Princess does better than X. They will let you have stock benefit with 3 or 4 others.

Fortunately for us, out of 14 cruises we have taken since we purchased the stock, we have only been denied once.

• 1 month later...

Just tried to use my RCL stock on Celebrity and was denied because i got a promotional OBC when I booked. RCL is a cheap operation compared to Princess who allows us to use their stock always. It sets a tone of cut backs that is disappointing.

Just tried to use my RCL stock on Celebrity and was denied because i got a promotional OBC when I booked. RCL is a cheap operation compared to Princess who allows us to use their stock always. It sets a tone of cut backs that is disappointing.

This policy has been in place for quite some time. It's nothing new.

Take a deep breath.......You said it was the firs time in 10 cruises?....You obviously like the product so don't make a decision for spite. Just know that in the future you will have to ask if there would be an issue getting your share holder credit with future bookings. Chalk it up to experience since you are going to take this cruise....have a great time......and just ask next time so this never happens again.

Celebrity, Royal Carribbean Inc., denied my request for shareholder credit for my B2B2B cruises in February. This was first denial in 10 cruises. I had no idea that my cruise rate was one of their "special" rates which was not combinable with the credit. It frankly was not that special and certainly was not a bargain. I complained to a number of departments and they said too bad! At the least it should be clearer which rates they consider not combinable but also be sure to ask your travel agent what the rate is called so you can check. This was worth $750 to me and I am now a totally disgruntled customer who will not be sailing with these lines in the future. Not that they care at all!!!!! I was already booked so I am now stuck.

Princess is a slightly upgraded product. If you mean RCI (The corporation) vice RCL, you are not only venting, which is fine, but also arguably not objective-

No Princess Cruise is within a couple hundred dollars of a Celebrity tariff for the same itinerary. Carnival Corp DBA Princess Cruises afford to give you both discounts-

Please, you're already prepaying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess is a slightly upgraded product. If you mean RCI (The corporation) vice RCL, you are not only venting, which is fine, but also arguably not objective-

No Princess Cruise is within a couple hundred dollars of a Celebrity tariff for the same itinerary. Carnival Corp DBA Princess Cruises afford to give you both discounts-

That's debateable.

Certainly my recent Princess cruises have been cheaper for comparable itineraries than Celebrity ones were. There's a lot of variability there that means it is not an exact comparison, but I wouldn't see Princess as being always dearer is true as a general statement.

It boils down to this...if you're on an RCL ship and you're breathing, you don't qualify. (this excludes Teecee60)

But please still request it so you keep the persons in shareholder relations employed.

Thank you for my laugh of the day!!

St. Louis Sal

We were told that ANY of the current Perks that are included in ALL bookings except maybe TAs and TPs will disqualify. This is absurd because the cost for those "perks" are really included in the fares.

I think RCI really has to rethink this, as it is getting stockholders a bit ticked off

They are 'calculated' in if there are perks offered at the fare purchased. There are ways to purchase base fares without perks, for which the stockholder can receive credit. I believe one needs to understand the T&C's and ask before booking if their booking will qualify.

Sounds like the OP received perks with their booking and as such would not qualify for more OBC.

bon voyage

Score! Received shareholder credit for transpacific (Vancouver-->Japan) in 2017. Booked with category upgrade offered through Captain's Club. Travel agent OBC supplied, but no perks attached to reservation.

Betsy

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the X UK site today where bookings have the drinks package and OBC offer and in the terms and conditions it specifically says that the offer IS combinable with various things INCLUDING Shareholder Benefit. There is a separate paragraph showing what it isn't combinable with.

Either this is a mistake on their website (surely not) or they might be changing their policy on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking at the X UK site today where bookings have the drinks package and OBC offer and in the terms and conditions it specifically says that the offer IS combinable with various things INCLUDING Shareholder Benefit. There is a separate paragraph showing what it isn't combinable with.

Either this is a mistake on their website (surely not) or they might be changing their policy on this.

Doesn't matter what the UK Celebrity website states, it matters what the RCCL Shareholder benefit website states:

8. Are there any restrictions?

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The Shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Other terms and conditions may apply.

9. Combinability?

The shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs, or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and a response will be forthcoming, or please dial (954) 628-9325, option #3.

Most of the time I have checked the fares are Princess have been lower then on Celebrity doing the same route (Sydney to Auckland, Hong Kong to Singapore, etc.) before the OBC. Not sure what fares you have checked but on average they do not appear to be higher. So you are not prepaying it.

My recent experience with the stock OBC on Celebrity is that you can usually get it if you cruise an inside, but usually cannot get it on other cabins because they usually include special offers of one kind or another (drink package, gratuities, etc) that negates the use of the drink package. Don't even bother with it anymore on Celebrity and have sold my stock.

Edited by RDC1

Most of the time I have checked the fares are Princess have been slightly lower then on Celebrity doing the same route (Sydney to Auckland, Hong Kong to Singapore, etc.) before the OBC. Not sure what fares you have checked but on average they do not appear to be higher. So you are not prepaying it.

Incorrect

Incorrect

Just went through and checked on the closest matches for dates and routes which just happens to be one I have been pricing recently anyway.

A 12 day Sydney to Auckland cruise, Jan 12 on Celebrity

Inside $1499

Ocean View $2299

Veranda $2299

On Princess

A 12 day Sydney Auckland Feb 01

Inside $1299

Ocean View $1899

Veranda $2099

A 13 day Sydney to Sydney New Zealand Cruise

Inside $1399

Ocean View $1899

Veranda $2099

There are some routes that Celebrity does frequently and Princess does rarely where Princess charges a premium, but usually when I have checked Celebrity has been higher. I did notice that Princess is running a sale that includes some items such as drink packages and the fare prices have gone up compared to pre-sale.

Incorrect

Just took a look at Alaska for July next year (did not use this year because bookings and sellout would introduce pricing changes due to current sales)

Both are 7 day cruises out of Seattle in July including Tracy Arm

Celebrity

Inside 1249

Ocean View 1799

Veranda 1949

Princess

Inside 949

Ocean View 1449

Veranda 1749

I can find some where Princess is more for a comparable cruise, but on average Celebrity seems to price higher for similar routes. I did find that since Princess put their sale on the price of the Hong Kong to Singapore fare has gone up such that Princess is more expensive than Celebrity compared to a few when ago when I booked. It is now $200 higher instead of when I booked 3 weeks ago when it was $100 less. Will be interesting to see if it drops when the sale ends. This is a route where Celebrity does several trips a year and Princess only does 1.

I cruise both lines and compare prices often.

On Celebrity I have given up on the stock OBC, on Princess I combine the stock OBC with the same amount of military veteran OBC, and future cruise credit OBC no matter what kind of sales I take advantage of. On a recent B2B around South America I had $1400 of OBC from just those 3 types of OBC.

Edited by RDC1

Use same booking agent for TP in April and got stock. Use same agent again for Fall TA and was denied because even with NO amenities. He used Opaque rate. That was a disqualifier.

Use same booking agent for TP in April and got stock. Use same agent again for Fall TA and was denied because even with NO amenities. He used Opaque rate. That was a disqualifier.

What's an opaque rate? Is that one where they pull the wool over your eyes?:D

Doesn't matter what the UK Celebrity website states, it matters what the RCCL Shareholder benefit website states:

Well it should matter. If the terms and conditions of the site you are booking on specifically states that shareholder benefits are combinable why should we accept that they are not just because another part of their website says they are not. If people roll over and give in then they can get away with this misleading advertising.

7 night Alaska cruise on Star Princess, from Anchorage on 9 July... $499pp. :)

7 night Alaska cruise on Star Princess, from Vancouver on 16 July... $449pp. :)

14 nights (B2B) for $948pp... :D

...and a total of $450 OBC available (military/shareholder/agency) :D

Please reference any Alaska cruise with Celebrity for those prices. :o

Incorrect

INCORRECT. :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60