What's your favourite concierge class perk?

LuckiePuris

the distinction between concierge and standard veranda cabins has become much smaller in the past year or so.

Without referring to the official list, you do get a nicer bathrobe, a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you board, a fruit plate with three apples for you to eat, some afternoon canapes delivered to your room but only if you ask for them and only if you are in your room when they come to deliver them...and of course the extra 2 points towards the captain's club levels. The rest of the items on the list are either non-existent or not worth much of anything (to us).

I'd say the value is cabin location, if you prefer the location of the cabins and the points. We book either aqua (for blu) or just a regular veranda (1A for location) on s-class ships.

On M-class ships however, we book concierge or aqua because of the extra 20 sq ft in the cabin over standard veranda cabins.

Edited by ghstudio

Agree, the rest of the perks are pretty much fluff or available to everyone on the ship.

Some of the things I've heard of that I think will give this March trip an extra little touch as part of concierge are things such as a bottle of sparkling in our room on embarkation, after savouries delivered to our room etc.

For me it's the little touches I'm looking forward to, as I didn't think these we're available free of charge to the inside/outside/regular balcony cabins.

Some of the things I've heard of that I think will give this March trip an extra little touch as part of concierge are things such as a bottle of sparkling in our room on embarkation, after savouries delivered to our room etc.

For me it's the little touches I'm looking forward to, as I didn't think these we're available free of charge to the inside/outside/regular balcony cabins.

I guess the bottle of sparkling wine is nice but I guess not so much of a perk if you have the drinks package... As for the afternoon snacks they really ain't anything to write home about... Plus it's not like you're going to go hungry on a cruise when you can eat whenever you want!

I find the hardest thing about a cruise is getting hungry enough for the next meal without afternoon snacks being delivered to my cabin!

Also as a larger man I do like the bigger better robes... But you can always ask your cabin stewed for one if in a standard cabin... I did this on my last cruise without any problems!

I guess it depends on the person and what they are looking for.......

As you can see, some folks find nothing special with CC class while others

enjoy it.

For me?....well, I am sailing on Solstice in 2 weeks to Alaska and I booked

a CC cabin on the 1.2.3. promotion.....the main reason I did this was

because I am getting 2 large obc's and they will pay for my excursions:)

(Alaska excursions can be pricey) and some other things too......oh,

the other perks are the cruiseline is paying my gratuities and the

drink package is included too.

I did pay more than I normally do for the cabin but I am happy with my

decision so that is all that matters:)

Do I normally book a CC cabin? Nope, I do not....I take it on a

cruise by cruise basis. Sometimes I book windows....sometimes

I book balconies.

You have to decide what is best for you:)

Edited by Lois R

I guess it depends on the person and what they are looking for.......

As you can see, some folks find nothing special with CC class while others

enjoy it.

For me?....well, I am sailing on Solstice in 2 weeks to Alaska and I booked

a CC cabin on the 1.2.3. promotion.....the main reason I did this was

because I am getting 2 large obc's and they will pay for my excursions:)

(Alaska excursions can be pricey) and some other things too......oh,

the other perks are the cruiseline is paying my gratuities and the

drink package is included too.

I did pay more than I normally do for the cabin but I am happy with my

decision so that is all that matters:)

Do I normally book a CC cabin? Nope, I do not....I take it on a

cruise by cruise basis. Sometimes I book windows....sometimes

I book balconies.

You have to decide what is best for you:)

Lois is correct, if the 1,2,3 or whatever perks start at Concierge level than it does make sense to book it, otherwise I don't bother unless its a really good price.

Also as a larger man I do like the bigger better robes... But you can always ask your cabin stewed for one if in a standard cabin... I did this on my last cruise without any problems!

We received an upgrade to Concierge on our last cruise [ from OV ...free! ] & he loved the bathrobe. He has never been able to wear the waffle weave robes in regular OV or Veranda rooms . I never knew the bigger better robes could be requested. THANKS!

I haven't sailed in CC. To me it is a waste of money. Most times AQ is only a few dollars more and many times CC cost more than AQ.

I will either sail in a regular balcony in AQ to get all of the perks when they have the promo. I guess some will book a CC because they don't like dining in Blu but want to get all of the perks thru a promo.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We received an upgrade to Concierge on our last cruise [ from OV ...free! ] & he loved the bathrobe. He has never been able to wear the waffle weave robes in regular OV or Veranda rooms . I never knew the bigger better robes could be requested. THANKS!

I don't think it's something that is official but we tend to slip a few dollars to start off with and found the room steward only too happy to help! [emoji16]

Our first two cruises on X were in Concierge, our last on a regular balcony. Only thing we really missed were the footstools on the balcony. I found the chairs uncomfortable out there without one. Other than that, I think maybe you got a little nicer toiletries and bathrobes. Not sure whether that justifies the extra $$.

On M-class, the large aft balconies are a big draw for me in choosing a cabin in the C1 category. (Summit in a C1 to Bermuda in a week!). But, besides that, my favorite perk is now gone...flowers...a small arrangement in the cabin and a rose bud-vase in the bathroom. A small thing, for sure, but missed.

Our first two cruises on X were in Concierge, our last on a regular balcony. Only thing we really missed were the footstools on the balcony. I found the chairs uncomfortable out there without one. Other than that, I think maybe you got a little nicer toiletries and bathrobes. Not sure whether that justifies the extra $$.

I'm just off Connie's TA in a RS. Toiletries were the same as all cabins now (no more Bulgari). The tubes of shampoo etc. were larger than other cabins I think, but the same product.

I asked both Butler and Steward, and they both claim that they have done away with the different brands of toiletries.

I LOVED the smell of the Bulgari and missed it.

Also, never received the platter of afternoon savories nor was there an order form for them, although still received the afternoon suite tea service, but in past received both that savories and yea service. Not sure if this means that service has gone now as well.

On our Med cruise we were able to order off the MDR menu and eat on our balcony.

Any cabin may order MDR for room service delivery, especially useful on formal nights when folks don't care to dress.

On M-class, the large aft balconies are a big draw for me in choosing a cabin in the C1 category. (Summit in a C1 to Bermuda in a week!). But, besides that, my favorite perk is now gone...flowers...a small arrangement in the cabin and a rose bud-vase in the bathroom. A small thing, for sure, but missed.

Captain's club members (perhaps just Elite and above?) still get a bud vase first formal night delivered, regardless of cabin type.