Southwest B26 & B27

mafig

If say 1/3 of the plane is already on the flight from another leg. :( and no bin room either for middle seaters. Otherwise maybe lucky. I would be guessing that you would be one I (with my EB aisle seat) would not be looking you in the eye unless you are a skinny tiny thing -- then you would be my desired seat mate! Planes are more full than I have ever seen before out of Baltimore (east coast hub for Southwest). Hey good luck. Might consider business class -- front of the line even before Early Bird if money is not tight and the flight is long.:p

It's impossible to tell. If all of the A's and B's are families looking to fill all three seats across each row then you might still have half the aisle and window seats on the plane to choose from. I wouldn't count on that though. Chances are that you'll be able to both get a window or an aisle, but not necessarily together, and someone might sit in the middle between you.

It really depends on two factors--how many people are already on the plane and continuing onward, and how the people boarding ahead of you want to sit.

Typically the further back you go, the lower the chances that someone will want to sit in the middle seat.

If say 1/3 of the plane is already on the flight from another leg. .:p

I'll just hope this isn't the case for my flight. It's Tampa to Las Vegas. The other leg is Providence RI to Tampa. Seems like a round the mulberry bush route to get to Vegas, but who knows?

I'll just hope this isn't the case for my flight. It's Tampa to Las Vegas. The other leg is Providence RI to Tampa. Seems like a round the mulberry bush route to get to Vegas, but who knows?

But if the price is right, some will gladly go round the mulberry bush to get from point A to point B. Price tops everything for many travelers. ;)

For the OP: If your flight originates at your starting airport, you have a shot at getting your seats. If your flight originated somewhere else and is stopping at your airport before moving onto the destination, you have a less-than-optimum chance. I fell prey to this before - I had a "B" card and I was near the front of the B cattle chute. When I got onboard, I ended up with a middle seat toward the rear; the flight had started somewhere else and was pretty full already. This was before online checkin for WN. Used it for a business trip - no way to get there any earlier. Ended my "luv" for WN real fast there (pun intended)...

Sometimes, if all the Biz Select seats are not sold ahead of time, they will sell the remaining A boarding positions at the gate....I think it's $40 per flight, based on availability....you might want to consider this.

BTW, it is not business CLASS...there is only 1 class of service on WN. You're referring to BUSINESS SELECT which gets you, among other things, A1-A15, a free drink and bonus Rapid Rewards points..... but not a bigger seat, nor different section of the cabin....

We always pay the additional $15.00 for Early Bird Check In.

This way we don't have to check in 24 hours ahead and we also are in the A boarding line.

Keith

That's a good thing to do, but it doesn't always get one into the A group. I just came back from a trip where EB only got me a B3 for one leg. Given that they board families with small children after A and before B and there were a lot of those, that was a pretty big difference over an A60 for that flight.

Edited by Sea Hag

That's a good thing to do, but it doesn't always get one into the A group. I just came back from a trip where EB only got me a B3 for one leg. Given that they board families with small children after A and before B and there were a lot of those, that was a pretty big difference over an A60 for that flight.

I have also gotten a B boarding pass with early bird before. It was not a problem, but it definitely can happen.