Is Royal Caribbean trying to kill the Meet and Mingle?

BillOh

My last cruise on Liberty of the Seas we did not even get the invitation to the meet and mingle in our stateroom. We were signed up. I talked to others who did not get one either. I believe it was at an odd time as well. We went to get coffee and ran into a very interesting person and lost track of time so we missed it. I do believe had we had the invite that would not have happened. We were so disappointed.

My last cruise on Liberty of the Seas we did not even get the invitation to the meet and mingle in our stateroom. We were signed up. I talked to others who did not get one either. I believe it was at an odd time as well. We went to get coffee and ran into a very interesting person and lost track of time so we missed it. I do believe had we had the invite that would not have happened. We were so disappointed.

Also never got one for Liberty, no information for LOS posted EVER on the website, and only a few in our roll call made it. We met for a poker run and found out we had missed it. The only ones who made it were those who stopped by GS and asked...we stopped by Olive or Twist and they told us no events were happening. Liberty seems to be in the "not cracked on doing the M&M" category.

Our first cruise on Mariner, we had it in the cabin first day, but my husband stuffed it in a stack of papers so we missed it. Yet to make one.

We were on the March 5-12 sailing on the Jewel of the Seas and never received an invitation in our cabin for the M & M. Had signed up well in advance and even received email from Royal that we were confirmed after reaching the necessary number of people to hold the event. Disappointing since we always have attended on past cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the March 5-12 sailing on the Jewel of the Seas and never received an invitation in our cabin for the M & M. Had signed up well in advance and even received email from Royal that we were confirmed after reaching the necessary number of people to hold the event. Disappointing since we always have attended on past cruises.

It probably happened without you. If I don't have an invite the first night, I go to Guest Services and ask to be put in touch with someone who will know when it is.

Someone is dropping the ball at RC on making the date and location available. Here's the link of CONFIRMED Meet and mingles. Notice how many DO NOT have a date or location.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ccConfirmedPartyList.do?src=CCC

Hello Everyone, just putting in a curve ball

RCCL are probably thinking of how they can charge for this event to happen as they probably see it as a revenue stream

We have attended about 31 meet and mingle's and met some amazing friends, they see that as a chargeable extra.

For our Oasis cruise last month the date/time never appeared on their site. We've always attended these but we were unimpressed with this one. Just two minor entertainment staff one of whom provided general info on the ship which we already knew then opened it to questions that were 'banal' and not for this sort of meeting. We were among the first to arrive and as people walked in they spread out across the room, so very little meeting or mingling going on.

Hi Kevin -how many were signed up for your M&M? Where & what time was it held? And was it on the first sea day?

We're leaving on the Oasis next weekend and we have 80+ signed up for our M&M so far...

We were just on the Allure March 12th sailing. They didn't post the correct time on the site ahead, but we did get the invite in our cabin when we boarded. It was held the first at sea day March 14th at 9:30am in On Air.

We were just on the Allure March 12th sailing. They didn't post the correct time on the site ahead, but we did get the invite in our cabin when we boarded. It was held the first at sea day March 14th at 9:30am in On Air.

We are leery about date and time after they moved a stated time to earlier and in a different location. Those who didn't get the invite were not there. Has to be a better way.

I didn't recall that you missed it? We had a gift exchange immediately following and then a really lively slot pull. It was a lot of fun. :D

My daughter and I attended the Harmony m&m this past January, and there was a good crowd. I think the person leading it hadn't done many. When it came time to draw for prizes, he just wanted to get it over with. Several times he grouped several decent prizes together, and drew one winning ticket. Half a dozen "winners" received multiple prizes (like a bottle of wine AND a tote AND a t-shirt), when he could have made 15-20 guests happy to receive just one item.

We were on our first (and only) b2b, and we intended to have a talk with him at the next week's m&m. However, we wound up skipping the second m&m. We had visited with enough other people the first week, and were ready for some alone time. (And, truthfully, there weren't any prizes we were craving.)

My daughter and I attended the Harmony m&m this past January, and there was a good crowd. I think the person leading it hadn't done many. When it came time to draw for prizes, he just wanted to get it over with. Several times he grouped several decent prizes together, and drew one winning ticket. Half a dozen "winners" received multiple prizes (like a bottle of wine AND a tote AND a t-shirt), when he could have made 15-20 guests happy to receive just one item.

We were on our first (and only) b2b, and we intended to have a talk with him at the next week's m&m. iHowever, we wound up skipping the second m&m. We had visited with enough other people the first week, and were ready for some alone time. (And, truthfully, there weren't any prizes we were craving.)

I also thought the lady running our Oasis meet and mingle was hurrying it along, phoning it in I wrote. Unfortunately I got her for our behind the scenes tour as well.

We only sign up for the MM on longer cruises, like transatlantics and Panama Canal cruises. They are usually very well attended. We didn't hear until the last minute either. My issue is that it really should be run by the cc passengers, especially those who have arranged the activities. Ours was controlled by a snarky assistant cruise director. Actually, NCL does a much better job on the MM's.

First one we ever went to back in 2004 on Rhapsody, the captain attended and they served champagne, we were so impressed:D

But they have dwindled over time to the point we don't even bother nowadays. I have organized some pretty sweet events back in the day, we once had a duct tape contest that was really fun. a couple of gift exchanges, a valentine party that I brought 50 gift bags of chocolates to everyone and had people recall when they met and married, and one awards party, the furtherest guest etc. Met some really lovely people that way, but if you don't have an organizer on your roll call, the party hardly ever gets started. It takes some loudmouth like me to get 'er goin'...if you catch my drift.

Sad to admit it but for us, been there done that, and now we cruise with some people, all of which we met on board who don't do it at all, so we just opt out. But for new cruisers, its great!

I was shocked to see on a cruise board on social media for the only drivable port for me that they were encouraging people to sign up for Meet and Mingle to go to a session and win prizes. Nothing about belonging or participating in the Roll call. Just go there and win prizes, which was never how Rc and CC meant for that meeting to be.

We only sign up for the MM on longer cruises, like transatlantics and Panama Canal cruises. They are usually very well attended. We didn't hear until the last minute either. My issue is that it really should be run by the cc passengers, especially those who have arranged the activities. Ours was controlled by a snarky assistant cruise director. Actually, NCL does a much better job on the MM's.

CC members can always organize their own get togethers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

There was never anything they gave away that I wanted, that's a dumb reason to go IMHO. Maybe a bottle of wine...but plastic stuff never impressed me...I can only use one key chain at a time.

The best thing I ever got is a RCCL clear blue ice bucket that I asked for at the end of the M&M very early on, back somewhere around 2006 or so. I use it for a trash can now.

wp8wo.jpg