Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

hey howdy..we are on the same cruise,i am newbie to solo,but I do live very solo

anyways in my real life..work /live..so its no big deal. reaching out..in case

you wish to connect..esp for dinners..

fascination- jan 25- long beach 2014

sondra

I'll be on the Fascination-1/25/2014......

I will be getting on the Ship 1/20/2014......

I am doing a BTBTB.........Staying on the Ship thru Feb-3rd...

Maybe we will meet at the meet & greet on the 25th......

My 4th solo cruise. I'm a little nervous about the Freestyle dining, which is a first for me. Hopefully I'll get to meet other solo's at the lounge to have dinner with.

I also have 4 other cruises booked through April 2015.

NCL Dawn - April 6, 2014

Explorer - September 20th & 25th 2014

Quantum - April 24, 2015

I try to plan one fall and one spring cruise, and try to cruise out of NY/NJ to avoid having to deal with airports.

Gaylemh,

I just returned from my first solo cruise. It was on the Dawn. I think that the freestyle may have worked out better. I met some new friends and went to eat with them, it may have been harder to work it out if you were on a set time. One of my favorite places was Cagney's...by myself. The hostess knew that I was solo. There are a few places tucked in the corner that made me more comfortable. Didn't seem awkward or that people noticed that I was solo. I was able to relax and enjoy an amazing meal by myself, which I enjoy from time to time. They do have a solo m&g, I did not attend due to a football game on at the same time. You will not have a hard time meeting people on the Dawn. I got to know so many faces by the end of the cruise. Unlike my cruise on the Epic, so many more people and things to do, you may not see the same person twice the whole cruise. Anyways, have a great time!

Rummblestrip!

Hey Guys, I think the idea of this thread was a fantastic one by the OP. Wondering if maybe we could get back to his original idea.

In the title of your post, put the ship name and date you are sailing.

In the body, write your message.

Seems there's been quite a bit of off topic discussion. Lots of other threads to discuss the other wonderful topics I've encountered on this thread. Just trying to ask nicely

I figured I can play along. I notice that a lot of these boards start off with one topic and quickly divert to other topics.. I guess that is the nature of everyone having an opinion.

In any event this will be my second solo cruise, My first cruise on RCI. I chose RCI because a few people on my first cruise recommended I give it a try as it would be more my speed. And my mother, who is an avid cruiser is a big Fan of RCI. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much as she does. If not I will try some other cruise lines until I find myself a cruise home so to speak.

I cruise solo quite a bit - or used to - I haven't been on a cruise in two years! I'm looking forward to going on this cruise, as I am familiar with both the ship and the itinerary. But I just realized I'll be cruising over Valentine's Day. Oh, that has some serious suck potential! If worst comes to worst, I figure I'll just do a spa night that evening. :)

I'm all about enjoying yourself, and just being friendly. I've made a lot of friends while cruising solo and the best part is doing what I want, when I want, and not having to do everything "by committee". :)

I sailed the Celebrity Reflection on Jan 4/14. A seasoned cruiser, this was my first solo cruise. Booked a balcony cabin. I had a great week. Everyone was friendly, I made lots of friends, and while I was alone I was never lonely. I didn't have to worry about what anyone else wanted to do. My time was my own. If you are summoning the courage - I highly recommend you give it a try. And by the way, the Reflection is gorgeous and the week flew by with good food, entertainment and sunshine.:):)

I sailed the Celebrity Reflection on Jan 4/14. A seasoned cruiser, this was my first solo cruise. Booked a balcony cabin. I had a great week. Everyone was friendly, I made lots of friends, and while I was alone I was never lonely. I didn't have to worry about what anyone else wanted to do. My time was my own. If you are summoning the courage - I highly recommend you give it a try. And by the way, the Reflection is gorgeous and the week flew by with good food, entertainment and sunshine.:):)

Hi:).....glad you enjoyed yourself. I always sail solo and have

been sailing Celebrity for almost 11 years now. My next cruise

is next month and I can't wait:D:D

Hi:).....glad you enjoyed yourself. I always sail solo and have

been sailing Celebrity for almost 11 years now. My next cruise

is next month and I can't wait:D:D

Hi Lois R. I love Celebrity as well and I see we've both sailed on the Galaxy, which I loved, as it was my first ever cruise (hence, my handle/name). I loved your pictures on flikr. Lisa

Hi Lois R. I love Celebrity as well and I see we've both sailed on the Galaxy, which I loved, as it was my first ever cruise (hence, my handle/name). I loved your pictures on flikr. Lisa

Hi:)....it is the only time I enjoy taking photos (or having me in them

either:eek:)...LOL......thanks for the compliment.:)

I went on Galaxy twice before she left the fleet....sailed Mercury 7

times before she left the fleet and next month will be my 7th time

on Century and speculation is they will sell her in 2015:(....she was

my first ship back in 2003.

NCL Getaway 5/10/14: Miami / St. Maarten / St. Thomas / Nassau / Miami

Hello. I've jumped ship; was going to be on CCL Sunshine in April, but changed my mind late last night. I'll be trying out one of those studio cabins and am looking forward to the Studio Lounge. Yay new ship! This will be my 4th solo cruise. Anyone else going? Lisa

This is my second trip to Hawaii, Tahiti & the Marquesas. Last one was the Rotterdam in 2010. Wondering if there are any solo travelers on the Statendam doing this trip? I am also listed on the Statendam Roll Call list.

Solo Cruiser here . Hello everyone. I will be dreaming on the Dream. Anyone else on the Dream June 15, 2014. Our roll call is slow but I am looking for it to pick up as the time draw near. I hope our plans pan out on our cruise. Stop by and holla at us:D.

Edited by bigsmooth

This is my second trip to Hawaii, Tahiti & the Marquesas. Last one was the Rotterdam in 2010. Wondering if there are any solo travelers on the Statendam doing this trip? I am also listed on the Statendam Roll Call list.

Lucky you -- 29 days solo!

I figured I can play along. I notice that a lot of these boards start off with one topic and quickly divert to other topics.. I guess that is the nature of everyone having an opinion.

In any event this will be my second solo cruise, My first cruise on RCI. I chose RCI because a few people on my first cruise recommended I give it a try as it would be more my speed. And my mother, who is an avid cruiser is a big Fan of RCI. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much as she does. If not I will try some other cruise lines until I find myself a cruise home so to speak.

You will enjoy it! I believe you are going on the same ship I'm going on in March, Explorer of the Seas. I've been on it once before and you will love it.

I'll be doing a full review when I return and if you want me to find out any specific information for you, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

You will enjoy it! I believe you are going on the same ship I'm going on in March, Explorer of the Seas. I've been on it once before and you will love it.

I'll be doing a full review when I return and if you want me to find out any specific information for you, let me know!

Yeah, we are going on the ship but two months apart.. I am anxiously waiting for May. Thanks for your input, as I was a little concerned with the ship being older and being scheduled for a dry dock that it was possible that I wasn't going to the enjoy the ship.

I do have a couple of questions. I keep hearing about this QUEST? without giving everything away can you tell me what that is about. also is that one of the things you have to pre register for to ensure seating or is the seating on a first come first serve basis? I cannot remember if your last cruise on the explorer was a solo mission; but if it was how would you rate your solo experience on the explorer as compared to the other cruise lines you have sailed previously?

I will definitely be looking forward to your review of your march sailing(presuming you are able to get to it before I depart on my cruise in May).

Edited by angelofsin

Yeah, we are going on the ship but two months apart.. I am anxiously waiting for May. Thanks for your input, as I was a little concerned with the ship being older and being scheduled for a dry dock that it was possible that I wasn't going to the enjoy the ship.

I do have a couple of questions. I keep hearing about this QUEST? without giving everything away can you tell me what that is about. also is that one of the things you have to pre register for to ensure seating or is the seating on a first come first serve basis? I cannot remember if your last cruise on the explorer was a solo mission; but if it was how would you rate your solo experience on the explorer as compared to the other cruise lines you have sailed previously?

I will definitely be looking forward to your review of your march sailing(presuming you are able to get to it before I depart on my cruise in May).

The QUEST is the highlight of all my cruises. It's pretty much an adult scavenger hunt and they do mean adults because I've seen them stop kids under about 12 at the door. It can get a bit R rated but it's all in good vacation fun. You don't have to book seats but I always get there about 20 - 30 minutes early and I'm glad I do because it gets crowded quickly.

My first Explorer cruise was a solo mission as well and to date, it's my second favourite cruise. There were a LOT of seniors on my sailing (due to the length I believe) and I don't recall meeting any other solos but I was there to enjoy my "me time" so I didn't really mind that. My roll call was great though and I was able to join some group excursions and save money.

My review will be done well before you leave. I took over 400 pictures. If you'd like me to send you some or have any other questions, you can email me at virgoqueen15 AT yahoo DOT ca.

Just walk into Quest and find a seat. You may meet people on ship that you want to sit with. It's like a game show starring the passengers, though you don't have to join in if you don't want. I WON'T give it away. Just understand that it's hilarious, and worth going!

Anyone else on the March 9th Conquest sailing? The prices are AMAZING right now! I got a lido balcony (steps away from pool area) for $726 solo with taxes included. :)

Get Out! I want to get that deal. I want to go.

Can you help me out with where you got the deal from. I am going to try Carnival's website right now. Can u give me the Balcony Category you have? And when did you book it?

Anyone else on the March 9th Conquest sailing? The prices are AMAZING right now! I got a lido balcony (steps away from pool area) for $726 solo with taxes included. :)

On Carnival's website, I saw a GUARANTEE Balcony for $790. Still... not bad st all. Then when I checked airfare, it was $650... not the best.

I'm still going to dig further for airfare options.

I would still like to hear if you can help me get the deal you have. I am from Toronto area, fyi.