what is in the refrigerator and is it complimentary

kimstonepost

The items are not complimentary. There is a price list normally inside the room service menu for the refrigerator. You can ask the room steward to empty it and they will do it the first night for you. You can also ask them to lock it if you don't plan on using it for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you plan to bring your own items to put in the fridge then definitely ask them to remove the stuff that's there. You'll get more space for your own stuff and you won't run the risk of accidentally being charged for drinking your own water or Coke. That's a lesson I learned the hard way last year (thankfully the room steward saw the mistake and refunded the charge.)

We have always been able to ask the room steward to remove the items EXCEPT for once. For some reason (and this wasn't a good room steward all the way around) he refused to remove them from our room (I had already taken everything out and placed it on the vanity in front of the mirror) and said it has to remain in the room. I told him it was in our way and taking up space and he still refused. :(

I worry about my grandkids. I might take it all out and put it up high somewhere lol

That's probably a good idea. Just tell the room steward what you did so he doesn't go and replace everything you took out!

We have always been able to ask the room steward to remove the items EXCEPT for once. For some reason (and this wasn't a good room steward all the way around) he refused to remove them from our room (I had already taken everything out and placed it on the vanity in front of the mirror) and said it has to remain in the room. I told him it was in our way and taking up space and he still refused. :(

Next time, escalate that! It says right on the damn card that they do this. Plus, it's a safety issue with minors having unattended access to booze. That steward is a dolt...that type of crap makes me mad!

This happened to us too. Our steward said he didn't want to remove the items from the room because sometimes they go missing (from where ever they keep them) and it's harder to keep track of. He put them on the top shelf. But our steward wasn't the best either. He'd only half make the bed (pull the covers up, but not make up the sheets underneath).

Next time, escalate that! It says right on the damn card that they do this. Plus, it's a safety issue with minors having unattended access to booze. That steward is a dolt...that type of crap makes me mad!

Good point! Next time I ever encounter this, I will make sure to do that. The bad part is they also have things in there like the gummy bears and pringles and that of course is tempting to a 3-6 year old when it's staring them in the face.

I really think I had a new steward. He messed up during the entire cruise and just really acted like he didn't know what he was doing.

Same here !

Never had a problem before except for the one time :(

On my first cruise I was charged with a pack of Pringles we did not eat...complained about it but the charge could not be removed...lesson learned and now the first thing I ask, after I introduce myself, is to empty the fridge.

And we always need the place for the Champagne we bring onboard with us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by sebas030

Our first Cruise I took the advice from somewhere on this board and left a note with either $5 or $10 (can't remember now) asking our steward to kindly remove all items from our fridge and cabin. It was done and Victor was excellent all week.

Next Cruise we did the same thing. We had the best towel animals all week and our room steward was wonderful as well, I kept for getting his name all week but he was so sweet. Not sure if the money helped but it surely didn't hurt.

:D

Our first Cruise I took the advice from somewhere on this board and left a note with either $5 or $10 (can't remember now) asking our steward to kindly remove all items from our fridge and cabin. It was done and Victor was excellent all week.

Next Cruise we did the same thing. We had the best towel animals all week and our room steward was wonderful as well, I kept for getting his name all week but he was so sweet. Not sure if the money helped but it surely didn't hurt.

:D

Not sure if the money helped in your case or not but we didn't give any money to our room steward, simply asked him, nicely, if he could remove the contents from the fridge so we could fill it with our wine and meds and he was lovely about it. He removed everything, locked it in a container, (it was like a lock box) and put it under our bed.

We did end up giving him extra money but not until the end of cruise. Great service, Gerald was so sweet, always smiling :)

• 11 months later...

Why? Did this happen to you? Why are you so mad? Calm down. Typical CC response which is why a lot of new cruisers don't dare post any questions on these boards for fear of being flamed.