Anyone who flies SW Airlines?

mimxmom

I am wondering if we are able to bring our bottles of wine on board the plane with us? Anyone have experience with this?

You will have to put them in checked luggage. You can not carry them on board the plane. Nothing to do with Southwest. TSA will not allow them through security.

Mixed signals going on here...

1) YES, you MAY bring bottle of wine and alcohol onboard any WN flight.

2) NO, TSA will not let you through the checkpoint any bottles of anything bigger than the dreaded 3.2 oz/100ml size if you are entering from outside the airport UNLESS

3) YES, TSA will let you through the checkpoint with bottles you have bought at a duty-free store and those bottles are in the TSA-approved sealed plastic bags when you are transiting an airport in the US. Even if you are going SJU to the mainland and have to change terminals and go through TSA checkpoint again, if you have your nice rums in the sealed bag, you will be fine, even on WN.

So, if you are doing a domestic flight on ANY airline, unless you hit one of the few vendors airside that have permission for bottle sales, you won't be able to bring your wine or booze.

Mixed signals going on here...

1) YES, you MAY bring bottle of wine and alcohol onboard any WN flight.

2) NO, TSA will not let you through the checkpoint any bottles of anything bigger than the dreaded 3.2 oz/100ml size if you are entering from outside the airport UNLESS

3) YES, TSA will let you through the checkpoint with bottles you have bought at a duty-free store and those bottles are in the TSA-approved sealed plastic bags when you are transiting an airport in the US. Even if you are going SJU to the mainland and have to change terminals and go through TSA checkpoint again, if you have your nice rums in the sealed bag, you will be fine, even on WN.

So, if you are doing a domestic flight on ANY airline, unless you hit one of the few vendors airside that have permission for bottle sales, you won't be able to bring your wine or booze.

I have brought those small bottles of liquor with me on airplanes many times so I could drink them in the air. As long as they were less than the 3 oz or whatever size TSA says, they were fine.

I have brought those small bottles of liquor with me on airplanes many times so I could drink them in the air. As long as they were less than the 3 oz or whatever size TSA says, they were fine.

And that's in violation of FAA regulations. Consuming alcohol that you brought on board.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/11/can-you-bring-alcohol-on-a-plane.html

And that's in violation of FAA regulations. Consuming alcohol that you brought on board.

And that's a federal charge. Considering that people have been charged with interfering with a flight crew for just arguing with a FA, I would personally just pony up for the cost of the airline booze.

Also, that's cheaper than what you'll pay onboard the ship.

Could you sneak a drink - probably. Do you want to risk the penalties - we report, you decide.

I don't get it. You're paying several hundred dollars for a flight, plus whatever you're paying for a hotel or a cruise, but you find it a worthwhile use of time and money to drive to the liquor store and buy a couple of $5 mini bottles so you can cheap out and not pay $9 for a cocktail on board? Is the $4-ish (or $8-ish if you have more than 1) you save really so important that you're willing to ignore the rules? :confused:

I don't get it. You're paying several hundred dollars for a flight, plus whatever you're paying for a hotel or a cruise, but you find it a worthwhile use of time and money to drive to the liquor store and buy a couple of $5 mini bottles so you can cheap out and not pay $9 for a cocktail on board? Is the $4-ish (or $8-ish if you have more than 1) you save really so important that you're willing to ignore the rules? :confused:

Probably the same crowd that drive 50 miles to save 10 cents per gallon on fuel :D

I plan to pick up a bottle in NO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

http://www.winecheck.com

This is a safe and convenient way to check your wine on the plane. You will not be able to bring it into the cabin with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just purchase your wine in the city you are cruising from? I can't believe the wine you desire is so rare that it cannot be found in any wine and liquor store.

I'm not the OP but I have to chime in here to say that the wine available in any given retail shop only represents a smidgeon of a fraction of a percent of all the wine out there. There ARE actually folks who have favorite wines that are not widely available outside of the winery's own wine club or a very limited selection of retail outlets.

That said, if you're drinking Barefoot cab or Santa Margherita pinot grigio or some other mass produced wine, then yeah, you can probably pick it up just about anywhere. :)

I'm not the OP but I have to chime in here to say that the wine available in any given retail shop only represents a smidgeon of a fraction of a percent of all the wine out there. There ARE actually folks who have favorite wines that are not widely available outside of the winery's own wine club or a very limited selection of retail outlets.

That said, if you're drinking Barefoot cab or Santa Margherita pinot grigio or some other mass produced wine, then yeah, you can probably pick it up just about anywhere. :)

This! Not only that, but most moderate to best in class wine benefits from three to 30 years of aging. Even if I could buy Cayuse or Beaucastel in any local wine shop, it would be current release and need 10 years of age before it became approachable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk