complaint letter

We just returned from a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas and we had a lot of problems. We were wondering where we could send a complaint letter with our thoughts.

Thanks for your help

It can go to royalguestrelations@rccl.com, there phone number is 800-256-6649.

This department handles any issue that you would want to bring to their attention, post cruise.

I hope that whatever problem(s) you had, you brought to the attention of those on board, who needed to know about the problem at hand.

Edited by Paulette3028

I find that when people say things like this, the tendency is to ask what went wrong. Some people are merely curious, others want to try and help. Since I wondered, and you posted about it on your Roll Call, I'm going to link to your other post because, well, it's not a private forum - it's public.

I'm sorry you were disappointed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47905772&postcount=115

I find that when people say things like this, the tendency is to ask what went wrong. Some people are merely curious, others want to try and help. Since I wondered, and you posted about it on your Roll Call, I'm going to link to your other post because, well, it's not a private forum - it's public.

I'm sorry you were disappointed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47905772&postcount=115

Seriously???

We just returned from a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas and we had a lot of problems. We were wondering where we could send a complaint letter with our thoughts.

Thanks for your help

I read your complaint and can't believe you would really complain to RCI about the weather. None of the cruise companies can just willy nilly change destinations whenever they want (per a captain in a question and answer session onboard when we missed an island because of bad weather). These arrangements are made months/years in advance. As for the other complaints, those should definitely be brought to RCI's attention.

Thanks for your help

While those items in the linked thread seem insignificant to me, I understand they may be significant to you. I do offer two bits of advice:

1) Do not mention the rough seas and weather. They would tend to discount your letter as silly.

2) It is never a good idea to come to the Royal Caribbean portion of Cruise Critic and say something negative. You tend to get hammered by A LOT of frequent posters as they just deem that you feel you are special, tend to say you did not actually experience the things you experience because it has never happened to them or that the issues were so trivial that nobody, in their right mind, should be upset by them.

He quoted me, so it was for me. I was merely providing a "shortcut" to your other post, if you will, which is available for anyone to read. I meant no offense to you, OP - sorry if you took it that way at any time. :)

I was just responding to the link provided and the nature of the complaint. The weather? :rolleyes:

I understand that the weather can't be controlled, but we had a lot of other problems with this cruise. We just didn't list everything on the post from our roll call.

I'm not trying to get everyone upset, but when a server drops not one but 2 beverages on you during formal night and he doesn't care about cleaning up the mess that was made by the beverages.

I just didn't think it was necessary to list all of our complaints on here, so if I was wrong for asking where to send a letter than I'm very sorry, but when we spend our hard earn money for a nice vacation and you have problems that could have been fixed, you do get very discourged.

The best way to handle this is to send an old fashion letter (snail mail) to 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.

Be sure to include your phone number for your contact info.

You will be contacted in 3-4 weeks from someone in the Corporate Office.

some folks just look for a reason to give you a hard time. They are very pro RC. You have every right to complain, though some may feel your complaints are not valid.

I actually thought it was good that you didn't post the complaints here; you just asked where you could send a letter. Luckily some responded to that. Once the link to your complaints was posted, I knew that would happen.

Now that you have your answers, I would suggest you sort of move on and let those who want to complain about your complaint, do so. Don't let them pull you into anything. It will make them feel better and you won't need to worry about it anymore. :) I'm just glad you got several options to go by

Edited by slyster

I understand that the weather can't be controlled, but we had a lot of other problems with this cruise. We just didn't list everything on the post from our roll call.

I'm not trying to get everyone upset, but when a server drops not one but 2 beverages on you during formal night and he doesn't care about cleaning up the mess that was made by the beverages.

I just didn't think it was necessary to list all of our complaints on here, so if I was wrong for asking where to send a letter than I'm very sorry, but when we spend our hard earn money for a nice vacation and you have problems that could have been fixed, you do get very discourged.

Im not sure what your expectation is as far as some type of resolution or compensation will be coming from RC now that the cruise is over. Its best to address the concerns while still on the ship....did you do that for any of these, other than the weather, which can not be controlled by the cruise line so although the bad weather put a damper on your cruise nothing can be done about that.

You certainly don't have to list your complaints here, but it does sometimes help to list what went wrong. Despite some of the whining from those who think no one's experience should ever be questioned (and it's true that you will get some who just want to be judgmental), you will likely get some good advice.

Of course, some people just want sympathy, and not advice, so if that's the case, you're probably better of not posting complaints. That said, I will offer a little advice:

1. As has already been said, it's probably best not to complain about the weather. That's always a risk and something they have little control over. Rearranging itineraries gets done from time to time, but it's not a trivial matter to do so.

2. If you have complaints, be specific. I know the post on the roll call was not meant as a complaint letter to the company, but it was very vague. Don't say, "the shows were pretty awful." It's better to give specifics of what you thought was wrong with the shows.

3. If you have a very specific issue with service (like the spilled drinks with what you felt was inadequate clean-up response), it's best to deal with it while still on the ship.

Sometimes things do go wrong, but I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the ship. We had a very nice cruise on Grandeur back in the spring. But even on the same cruise, depending upon what you do, what your expectations are, and what crew members you interact with, one person might have their worst cruise ever and another have their best cruise ever, on the same sailing.

now see.. the stuff you initially listed are to many of us..silly and inconsequential which is why you were dismissed at first

but then you came back and mentioned spilled drinks twice with sub par response according to you. did you take it up with the head waiter immediately? it is our experience that at the very least they would offer to handle the dry cleaning of what was soiled.

if not then how was anyone to know that you considered the response inadequate

the pools were likely closed due to unsafe conditions caused by the weather

WJ food has always been the same old same old at lunch. never ate there for dinner.

and FTR we found GR Chops an order of magnitude better than EN's when she sailed out of Baltimore.

On the other hand................

Most of the OP's complaints sound like results of hurricane avoidance. Namely, lots of rough seas affecting everyone's attitude, stomach, and ability to juggle small objects with food and drink.

I'm getting a picture of really cranky staff and passengers.

Plus, I don't blame any of them one bit.

I've never stopped being surprised how far to the edge of reason RCCL will push a cruise's itinerary in this situation. I'm not sure what adjustments they made to the itinerary, but it should have been as far away from the nasty stuff as possible. If it was the last hurricane, they had days and days to plan an alternative.

Just sayin....................

I wouldn't mention the weather. And late arrival and leaving a port early is something they have disclaimers for in the cruise contract.

Now the food is a different matter. You can also post to Post Cruise Comments at royalcaribbean.com. We've used them after many cruises. But we post the good first, then the bad, so they don't think we're chronic complainers. Once we even got a partial refund on a shore excursion. If the food was bad in the windjammer, be sure to mention it to the waiter/asst. They often work the Windjammer. We've gotten into the habit of asking our waiters where they work Breakfast and Lunch and so we can try that venue.

Several years ago I was on a RCI cruise with my sister and daughter. We arrived at the port in Barcelona, boarded and was told our cabin was not ready. That was fine, we just wanted to drop our carry on's off and check out the ship. We got to the cabin and there had been a flooding problem. We went straight to the service desk and was told there MIGHT NOT BE A CABIN available for us, and we would know closer to sailing time. Long story short. We did sail, but were treated very badly. Had a great time, but was not impressed with RCI at all. After we returned, we wrote a letter, and then another letter to the president until we received what we thought was appropriate for our situation. Please no flames because I don't want to go into how we were treated on the ship. It just pays to write and then keep writing until your are satisfied.

I've never stopped being surprised how far to the edge of reason RCCL will push a cruise's itinerary in this situation. I'm not sure what adjustments they made to the itinerary, but it should have been as far away from the nasty stuff as possible. If it was the last hurricane, they had days and days to plan an alternative.

Just sayin....................

I think you are underestimating what it takes to change an itinerary, even if you have "days and days." And I believe this was a Baltimore to Bermuda sailing. It's not like, say, a south Florida departure, where you might have the choice of many different ports in various directions, if you needed to change things up.