Cruise with 300 Pinnacle

Okay. That attempt at humour failed. In my part of the country the above instructions are given as advice in the event one encounters a bear or other dangerous large animal. Not intended as a comment about Pinnacles. More a poke at someone who might feel the need for advice when confronted with a heard of Pinnacles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got it and I thought it was funny, FWIW. :)

I guess it could reduce the chances of you being offered a bridge or galley tour or getting reservations in CK or a seat at the captain's table. If you use the concierge services a lot perhaps it could be a problem.

I think I have met some Pinnacle members but I am not sure as I don't think I have seen any pins being worn and the topic didn't come up.

I really really enjoy meeting lots of different people onboard and discovering what their lifestyle is like - often it is so different to my own it is fascinating.

If you want a cruise without many members with status, come down to Australia!

Edited by lucymorgan

I'd be more concerned with the high number of D+ members, they are usually the big troublemakers.;)

Aw BOB..you've been around long enough to see that the OP only posted this question to put blood in the water to attract the usual CC trolls and bullies.

you are definitely better than this :):):)

Aw BOB..you've been around long enough to see that the OP only posted this question to put blood in the water to attract the usual CC trolls and bullies.

you are definitely better than this :):):)

But no..no...it's true!! Bob is right on with that quote! :D :D

Edited by island lady

Just kidding. I kind of have an opinion. I don't think the ship nor the staff can adequately handle that many at one time. But I do wish them luck.

But that is a problem for the pinnacles, not for the peasants.

Maybe Royal Caribbean should change the qualifications:

Gold - 3 to 69 points

Platinum - 70 to 174 points

Emerald - 175 to 349 points

Diamond - 350 to 699 points

D+ - 700 to 1399 points

Pinnacle - 1400 points plus

Problem for suite pax as well.

:D:D:D:D

I probably would not knowingly book a cruise with 300 Pinnacle or a special C&A cruise. I've met many, many nice upper tier cruisers, no issues with them, it's the ones that drone on about status...and with 300 there are bound to be more than a handful. I'd also avoid any cruise line fan cruise, like Carnivals bloggers cruisers / John Heald fan club or RCI's Presidents cruise. Just not my scene, doesn't light my fire.

I think it would be great! I love conversing with

others about their past cruises. They could give me some ideas for

future trips, recommend excursions and I'm sure they have some great

stories to tell! 😄

I was thinking the same thing. They probably have some great stories to tell! That's one of the fun things of going to the DL/CL, hearing some of the fun stories of people's past cruises, and getting some ideas of what you might want to do in the future.

:D:D:D:D

I probably would not knowingly book a cruise with 300 Pinnacle or a special C&A cruise. I've met many, many nice upper tier cruisers, no issues with them, it's the ones that drone on about status...and with 300 there are bound to be more than a handful. I'd also avoid any cruise line fan cruise, like Carnivals bloggers cruisers / John Heald fan club or RCI's Presidents cruise. Just not my scene, doesn't light my fire.

I agree...I would not knowning book a cruise (that has a Coastal Kitchen) with 300 Pinnacles. Dining in CK is one of the main reasons we book the Oasis and Quantum class ships and we have no desire to try and compete to book CK reservations

Another reason we would not book a cruise with 300 Pinnacles is because there will definitely be a higher number of Pinnacles who believe their poop does not stink.

We are fresh off the Oasis and have never met so many nice, delightful, interesting people in the Suites Lounge, both Pinnacles and Suite guests. We enjoyed chatting with them and were sad that our voyage came to an end.

One of the BEST statements made on this thread was the one that said that a person doesn't become an ass just when they become Pinnacle (or any other C&A level)....they were asses before that and probably are such at home.

We were our Pinnacle Pins because it is a good marketing tool for RCI. We have often been asked for advice about where to cruise next, what other ships are like, what to do in ports, what to do on the ship, etc. We take great joy in helping them and thoroughly enjoy the conversation. If someone asks us where a venue is on the ship we usually walk them to it. If someone needs information and we do not know the answer we seek it for them (we did that on this cruise when asked the cost of building the Oasis...and the concierge personally delivered the answer to them in the lounge). To us, wearing that pin is a reminder to be a positive representative of Royal Caribbean and the Crown & Anchor program.

For the record: our favorite cruisers are "new cruisers" because the bring a sense of awe and excitement to the ship which we find to be contagious.

Edited by beachnative

I agree...I would not knowning book a cruise (that has a Coastal Kitchen) with 300 Pinnacles. Dining in CK is one of the main reasons we book the Oasis and Quantum class ships and we have no desire to try and compete to book CK reservations

Another reason we would not book a cruise with 300 Pinnacles is because there will definitely be a higher number of Pinnacles who believe their poop does not stink.

We are fresh off the Oasis and have never met so many nice, delightful, interesting people in the Suites Lounge, both Pinnacles and Suite guests. We enjoyed chatting with them and were sad that our voyage came to an end.

One of the BEST statements made on this thread was the one that said that a person doesn't become an ass just when they become Pinnacle (or any other C&A level)....they were asses before that and probably are such at home.

We were our Pinnacle Pins because it is a good marketing tool for RCI. We have often been asked for advice about where to cruise next, what other ships are like, what to do in ports, what to do on the ship, etc. We take great joy in helping them and thoroughly enjoy the conversation. If someone asks us where a venue is on the ship we usually walk them to it. If someone needs information and we do not know the answer we seek it for them (we did that on this cruise when asked the cost of building the Oasis...and the concierge personally delivered the answer to them in the lounge). To us, wearing that pin is a reminder to be a positive representative of Royal Caribbean and the Crown & Anchor program.

For the record: our favorite cruisers are "new cruisers" because the bring a sense of awe and excitement to the ship which we find to be contagious.

Well said, Gil...well said! Or is it Gail this time? :)

And you were the ones that encouraged us to wear our pins with pride also. ;)

Edited by island lady

As others have pointed out, the only concern is the saturation of specialty restaurants and elite lounges.

The smallest ship in the fleet is Empress, that's a 1,800 capacity, so with 300 Pinnacles that's less than the 17% of the passengers, and the bigger the ship, the less will be. So relax, they won't ruin your long awaited vacations.

I was thinking the same thing. They probably have some great stories to tell! That's one of the fun things of going to the DL/CL, hearing some of the fun stories of people's past cruises, and getting some ideas of what you might want to do in the future.

I'll never be Pinnacle but have taken some memorable cruises thanks to the tips from my well

traveled friends. 😎

As others have pointed out, the only concern is the saturation of specialty restaurants and elite lounges.

The smallest ship in the fleet is Empress, that's a 1,800 capacity, so with 300 Pinnacles that's less than the 17% of the passengers, and the bigger the ship, the less will be. So relax, they won't ruin your long awaited vacations.

Unless you want to hang out in the elite lounges and specialty restaurants ;)

Just wondering is it common to have a lot of pinnacle guests on board transatlantics. We are doing one on Indy next April and booked into a suite. Is it normal for the concierge lounge to be heaving on transatlantics?? (BTW I really don't care about anyone's status. Just wondering about the ability to get a seat in CL as never done a transatlantic before). Thanks.

just wondering is it common to have a lot of pinnacle guests on board transatlantics. We are doing one on indy next april and booked into a suite. Is it normal for the concierge lounge to be heaving on transatlantics?? (btw i really don't care about anyone's status. Just wondering about the ability to get a seat in cl as never done a transatlantic before). Thanks.

YES it is. :D:):D And yes, the ship may open additional spaces for the cocktail hours.

Edited by Coralc

Just wondering is it common to have a lot of pinnacle guests on board transatlantics. We are doing one on Indy next April and booked into a suite. Is it normal for the concierge lounge to be heaving on transatlantics?? (BTW I really don't care about anyone's status. Just wondering about the ability to get a seat in CL as never done a transatlantic before). Thanks.

YES it is. :D:):D And yes, the ship may open additional spaces for the cocktail hours.

As the saying goes "You aint seen nothing yet"

Frequent cruisers enjoy transatlantics because the prices (at least in the past) have been fairly reasonable, and the cruise itself is longer, with a lot of sea days. We have only done 2, the last one in 2012, and the lounges were extremely busy then.

Edited by travelgoddess1