Hotel for Vancouver Hotel and what to do

hollon

We stayed at the Carmana Plaza after our cruise and loved it. We had a

1 bedroom apt and it was centrally located to everything. We even walked

from the ship, although I don't recommend it. The prices were reasonable compared to everything else. We walked to Gas Town and Stanley Park from there and also used the local buses.

We really loved Capilano Suspension Bridge. It was so beautiful. Even if you don't want to go across the bridges or high up in the trees, there's a place to eat and a neat souvenir shop. The flowers were just beautiful and there were some really pleasant, cool places to sit and relax. www.capbridge.com

We also really enjoyed the market:http://www.vancouverfarmersmarket.com/markets.php. So much to do and see. Plenty of boat tours there too.

We really loved Capilano Suspension Bridge. It was so beautiful. Even if you don't want to go across the bridges or high up in the trees, there's a place to eat and a neat souvenir shop. The flowers were just beautiful and there were some really pleasant, cool places to sit and relax. www.capbridge.com

Thanks for the link.

A few of you may know that my sister will probably be using a walker or a wheelchair, so that's why I'm a little concern on what to do, but don't want to be bored that day, anymore suggestions

My Mom uses a transport chair and doesn't do stairs too well. We got off a cruise in Vancouver and my wife had us booked in a nice boutique hotel. Uh-Oh, stairs only. They were very nice and cancelled our reservation and got us rooms at the downtown Ramada.

I was able to push Mom around and took the water taxi to Granville, and then took the bus back downtown. My friend is leaving in 2 weeks and is just now booking a Airbnb in the gastown area. Just be sure no stairs and your sister should be Ok.

I need some advice on where to stay after our alaska cruise and what to do? I was going to fly back that day but now decided to stay and explore Vancouver, can anyone help :)

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore this past May and LOVED it. Beautiful hotel, beautiful views. Very close to Stanley Park and to a variety of restaurants. Don't miss Cardero's - my favorite Vancouver restaurant.

We stayed at the Pan American which is connected to the cruise ship terminals. Great hotel. Within walking distance to many things. Tour buses picked us up for Grouse Mt tour and the Capilano park tour too. No transfer fees when time to go to the ship. Super easy departure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Pan American which is connected to the cruise ship terminals. Great hotel. Within walking distance to many things. Tour buses picked us up for Grouse Mt tour and the Capilano park tour too. No transfer fees when time to go to the ship. Super easy departure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pan Pacific?

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore this past May and LOVED it. Beautiful hotel, beautiful views. Very close to Stanley Park and to a variety of restaurants. Don't miss Cardero's - my favorite Vancouver restaurant.

That is a great place to stay. Area is really walking friendly and there are many great places to go to..

My Mom uses a transport chair and doesn't do stairs too well. We got off a cruise in Vancouver and my wife had us booked in a nice boutique hotel. Uh-Oh, stairs only. They were very nice and cancelled our reservation and got us rooms at the downtown Ramada.

I was able to push Mom around and took the water taxi to Granville, and then took the bus back downtown. My friend is leaving in 2 weeks and is just now booking a Airbnb in the gastown area. Just be sure no stairs and your sister should be Ok.

Was it hard to get into the water taxi? Sorry, what is Airbnb?

It is like renting a house or apartment from the owner.

There are so many nice hotels in Vancouver. I have stayed at Residence Inn, Hyatt, Pan Pacific and Fairmont Pacific Rim.

It is more of a question of how much you want to spend and what you want to be close to.

It is like renting a house or apartment from the owner.

There are so many nice hotels in Vancouver. I have stayed at Residence Inn, Hyatt, Pan Pacific and Fairmont Pacific Rim.

It is more of a question of how much you want to spend and what you want to be close to.

Sorry - not Residence Inn, RENAISSANCE.

Whistler is beautiful but too much to do in one day.

I already posted on your other thread re: hotel/what to do needing clarification of your budget & interests.

The 'water taxis' are actually ferries - two rival companies, Aquabus and False Creek Ferries both cross to Granville Island and various other docks around False Creek. Aquabus are better for mobility-challenged folks as they have larger RORO boats - called Cyquabuses - which are designed for wheelchairs and bikes, with their decks level with the dock and flat.

All the FCF boats and the smaller Aquabuses are the exact same model, which involves stepping up over a sill and down a couple of small steps into the boat while the staff hold them against the dockside with mooring ropes - it's awkward unless you have decent balance.

AirBnB remains unlawful in Vancouver, with no guarantee that a home rented will even meet fire codes let alone be wheelchair friendly. While AirBnB itself offers some warranty of rental quality, that doesn't help you if the rental disappears at short notice due to being closed down by the enforcement officers or condo committee (many buildings have already passed or are passing anti-short-term-rental bylaws so they don't have to rely on the extremely overworked city enforcement).

The vast majority of private rentals in Gastown are also apartments in old buildings with no elevators so even if you are blasé about the legal issues, I'd strongly advise against a private rental like this for anyone with mobility issues.