Tell me your favorite thing about your balcony...

scrotser

As others have said, morning coffee in my pj's, especially as we near a port, especially Bermuda. Watching the pilot ship pull up to our ship. Watching shooting stars late at night with a glass of wine.

When we cruise with DD and DSIL, we get connecting rooms, or at least balconies, so we can babysit while they get a rare night off to catch a show or some music. More often than not, they prefer to sit on the balcony with a drink and some hors d'oeuvres and watch the reflection of the moon on the water.

My least favorite thing is watching our return port come into view. [emoji53]

You get up way too early for me if you are watching the ship come home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently on the Oasis. We have a balcony for the second time ever, and have lived it. Ours is starboard and at each port the ship docked on starboard side. Nice! We haven't spent much time sitting on it, because it is hot and humid but it is wonderful to keep the curtains open and see the ocean and sky. Even my husband says we will try to always book balconies now, and he is very frugal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We have coffee and fruit delivered to our room in the morning. We sit on our balcony for an hour or so, enjoy our breakfast, and watch the world go by.

In the afternoon we often sit on our balcony sipping wine and reading for a few hours. Blissfully quiet.

Sometimes if it is warm, we will sit out late at night, have a nightcap, and watch the stars.

We have coffee and fruit delivered to our room in the morning. We sit on our balcony for an hour or so, enjoy our breakfast, and watch the world go by.

In the afternoon we often sit on our balcony sipping wine and reading for a few hours. Blissfully quiet.

Sometimes if it is warm, we will sit out late at night, have a nightcap, and watch the stars.

That covers most of the high points. As any times as I have c ruised, I sfill enjoy being on the verandah, early morning when we come into port. I enjoy seeing themtthrow the lines and tyingup th e ship. I also like it lagte afffernoon when peopls are coming b ack to gthe ship in gtime gto sail away. I like gt to see happy, tireed, cruisers, who clearly appear to havve had a great day ashore. We rarely went to sailaway party and much enjoyed sailaway either alone on our verandah or with friends. We had a verandah for ourr first cruise and almost never sailed without one since.

We are cruising in 5 days and we are finally in a balcony! What is your favorite thing to do on yours (keep it PG! ;p ) I'm envisioning sipping morning coffee out there, asking for a cheese plate to go from MDR and nibbling it with a nice drink in the evening... Watching us come into and leave ports... Reading a good book out there... What else?

I always go out there to read but never get past the first page before the ocean puts me to sleep.

1. On a transatlantic cruise in September, we left the curtains open at night in hopes of seeing the northern lights. One night, off the coast of Iceland, I got up around 2 a.m. to hit the bathroom and there were the northern lights. My husband and I bundled up and watched them from our balcony.

2. On an Alaskan cruise, a small electrical fire in the engine room resulted in loss of power to half the ship for over six hours. We were so glad to have a balcony and not be stumbling around in a dark inside room.

Even if the weather is the pits and you can't sit outside, it still gives a lot of extra light and makes the room feel larger

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

So easy to pop onto gthe verandah if one gets tired of breagttghing air condiioned air.l A breath of sea air is delicious. :)

On a different note, if you are on the port side, you can watch the "runners" who almost miss the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

always one of my favorites[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

For me it's a place for me time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evenings on a cruise ship can be really hectic, trying to take in all the activities. Then you go back to your cabin, change into something comfortable and step out on your balcony. It's so quiet and you stand by the railing watching the waves, the moon and clouds, maybe spot the lights of another ship in the distance. Breathe deep, relax, soak up the peace. That's my favorite thing about having a balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
Another thought:

My DH had Noro on a HAL ship. Neither he nor I could leave our cabin.

I would have had big time cabin fever if it had not been for our veranda (balcony) cabin.

I remember when Carnival had some issues like that. It def affects my choice to have a balcony.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Forums mobile app