Suite Guarantee

SeaPete

I have a suite guarantee on hold. The only room available is the Penthouse Suite. What are the changes I would be assigned that room?

They could also move someone else who paid more than your guarantee into the Penthouse Suite freeing a room to assign to you. Or, someone with more loyalty status.

Although only the PH displays from public view, it's possible there are other unsold suites that have been removed from public viewing for the purpose of assigning to those holding suite guarantees such as yourself. So while I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, we can all wish you good luck. ;)

Please report back what type of suite you're assigned to. It's always helpful to read how these situations wind up.....

Edited by BEAV

Were there other suites available when you booked? If not then maybe. If so - not likely. Entirely likely you were assigned one that day and BEAV is 100% correct that probably just blocked out. No way to see all the unsold cabins.

Decided not to purchase.

It was for the Silhouette departing Feb 22, 2015. PS is the only room showing available today. My hold is until 5pm tonight.

We will never know what I would have been assigned!

Better luck next time.... ;)

Anyone ever buy a guaranteed category, get an assignment right away, then have it change later on? (for the better)

Yes. OV to balcony on celebrity. Inside to balcony on MSC. Both required significant whining (which our TA evidently does very well - she calls the cruise lines, not me!)

Watched suites on our December cruise. All of the royals were booked after final payment, but they listed Royal gty for over $1000 less than Celebrity suite. Both penthouses suites cancel just before final payment. Took a chance knowing we would at least have Royal for great price, ended up in penthouse. It does happen.

I understand what a guarantee reservation is but I do not see "guaranteed" categories when I do a mock booking. Every reservation I see has a room number with it. That can't be a guarantee. What am I doing wrong?

They generally aren't offered until late in the process when almost all rooms are booked up. It's a way for the cruise line to fill unsold rooms close to sail date. As I said, in general. There are always random divergences from this practice.

Edited by CathyCruises

They generally aren't offered until late in the process when almost all rooms are booked up. It's a way for the cruise line to fill unsold rooms close to sail date. As I said, in general. There are always random divergences from this practice.

Thanks. I was looking at next fall so that probably explains why I wasn't seeing them. Appreciate the response.

I have a suite guarantee on hold. The only room available is the Penthouse Suite. What are the changes I would be assigned that room?

Typically you will get a handicapped sky suite. We have had a guarantee on a couple of occasions. While the suite is fine, the bathroom is handicapped accessible. So if you are tall, the sink is low. In addition you have a very large stall shower with a shower curtain. The floor gets very wet after a shower- place towels around the entrance to the shower to help. You do not have a walk in closet- but an accessible closet. The cabin is larger then the typical sky suite.

Once, when we were assigned the handicapped suite, I was lucky as I immediately called Celebrity and was able to change to a regular sky suite, which is more suited to a non handicapped person.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time in a nice cabin and as long as you understand that you might get a handicapped cabin, you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise, but do not count on a penthouse!

Typically you will get a handicapped sky suite. We have had a guarantee on a couple of occasions. While the suite is fine, the bathroom is handicapped accessible. So if you are tall, the sink is low. In addition you have a very large stall shower with a shower curtain. The floor gets very wet after a shower- place towels around the entrance to the shower to help. You do not have a walk in closet- but an accessible closet. The cabin is larger then the typical sky suite.

Once, when we were assigned the handicapped suite, I was lucky as I immediately called Celebrity and was able to change to a regular sky suite, which is more suited to a non handicapped person.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time in a nice cabin and as long as you understand that you might get a handicapped cabin, you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise, but do not count on a penthouse!

What ships were you on? The standard Sky Suites on the Solstice class feature side by side closets.

Upgraded to a Suite GTY last night. No assignment, but I am totally anticipating receiving an HC SS. ;) Not thrilled because of the short sink, as I am tall, but am prepared and fine if we end up with that. We will have 3 women sharing that one sink, so if there is a chance to change the stateroom assignment, is that still allowed?

What ships were you on? The standard Sky Suites on the Solstice class feature side by side closets.

Upgraded to a Suite GTY last night. No assignment, but I am totally anticipating receiving an HC SS. ;) Not thrilled because of the short sink, as I am tall, but am prepared and fine if we end up with that. We will have 3 women sharing that one sink, so if there is a chance to change the stateroom assignment, is that still allowed?

The guarantees were on the Summit- While the Sky suites are nice- the Sky suites on the Solstice class are much nicer and larger. We have also (twice) booked the Celebrity Suites on the Summit and LOVED them!

Edited by Cruise a holic