Infinity aft facing cabins worth it??

DonRobertoSanJuan

The balconies are wonderful. Much larger and partially shaded, partially sun. The also have loungers. Cabins are the same as other Concierge. I had one on the Infinity to Antarctica and it was wonderful. I agree it may depend on how much the price difference is.

Carolyn

For us the thing that makes them worth the extra cost is itinerary dependent. Alaska & Antartica where the scenery is what it is about the 180 degree views are worth the extra $$. Caribbean, Europe and South America to us not worth the extra.

For a generic Caribbean cruise I'd pass but for a Panama Canal or Alaska I'd sell my first born. We haven't done Antarctica but have done the other two. Another itinerary, not exclusive to the Infinity would be anything with fjords or Venice. We've done the Venice and will do the Norwegian fjords next year.

We have booked aft cabins on two occasions.

The first was on the old Century on a Singapore to Dubai cruise. We loved the Century, but the aft cabin balcony was exposed to the full sun and since the cruise was nearly at the Equator,, it was very hot and in fact, too hot to use. Temps were in the high 90s, with no wind and no shade. We hardly used the balcony at all.

We would not do that again, book an exposed aft cabin in a hot climate.

The second time, we booked an aft balcony for our Alaska cruise this September. It was great. We loved the balcony for viewing glaciers (Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier). The lack of wind was great, since that would have made us colder. Also, we enjoyed the full sun in cold temps.

In my view, it depends on where your are cruising and what is the temp.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I had a c1 aft stateroom on infinity for our Panama Canal cruise and loved it.

Had some shade and an area in sun too.

The balcony had a large table with 4 chairs and 2 sun lounges.

It was ideal for our Panama Canal cruise, we also loved sitting and watching the ships wake and of course the sunsets too.

We did not feel that we were being looked at.

My husband and I had a c1 aft stateroom on infinity for our Panama Canal cruise and loved it.

Had some shade and an area in sun too.

The balcony had a large table with 4 chairs and 2 sun lounges.

It was ideal for our Panama Canal cruise, we also loved sitting and watching the ships wake and of course the sunsets too.

We did not feel that we were being looked at.

We are doing this cruise in April 2018 and have an Aft Balcony (Room 1140). I hate to impose, but could you provide any details on your cruise and any excursions you did ? Thanks !

The Cat. C1 balconies are much deeper than the AQ aft-facing balconies.

We've had aft-facing balconies on a wide variety of cruise lines and LOVE the Deck 7 Cat. C1s on the M-Class ships!! This class of ship rides really smoothly in moderate seas - so much so that we were shocked after sailing on other ships in aft cabins.

The price is by far worth the money to us since we like to spend a lot of time on our balcony vs. the crowded pool deck.

What's great is that the noise from the wake isn't nearly as loud as it is on other cruise ships either. It's just a consistent back-ground sound that you hardly notice.

I'd pay whatever the extra cost for a C1 aft on M-Class, regardless of itinerary. But, it was particularly wonderful for our Infinity Panama Canal sailing.

On S-Class, C2 or A1 on the hump.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are doing this cruise in April 2018 and have an Aft Balcony (Room 1140). I hate to impose, but could you provide any details on your cruise and any excursions you did ? Thanks !

Firstly apologies for delaying in replying

We did the following excursions on ourvinfinity Panama cruise in November 2015

1. Cartagena - we did the deluxe Cartagena & fortress

Enjoyed visiting the fortress and tour guide very informative - we were not aware of how many traders there would be on this trip

The historical buildings in the town were very interesting and we would have liked more time here, once again lots of traders.

2. Colon - pre panama Canal transit - we did the expansion of the Panama Canal present & future

The highlight for us was the gatun locks observing the ships transit through

The past & future exhibition talk, viewing area and film show was also very interesting - the new Canal will be open when you go.

3. Puntarenas costs Rica - excursion taken Pacific train, boat & bus adventure

Most enjoyable part on this trip was the tarcoles river jungle crocodile safari - tour guide ensured we saw plenty of wildlife.

Pacific train journey was interesting however saw more children than wildlife.

4. Puerto quetzal Guatemala - excursion taken colonial Antigua past & present

Very interesting & informative tour - great to see the buildings and once again tour guide very helpful.

Lunch served was also very tasty. Be aware It was a 1&half hour bus journey each way. We felt it was worth it.

5. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

We did our own thing here as we had visited on a previous cruise. We took taxi into old town and did some sightseeing then headed back to ship but checked out the shopping mall first.

6. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Once again a port we had previously visited so we hopped on a tender did our own thing walked along the harbours and had a few beers etc

7. San Diego

Our end of trip port however a city we love again we spent time walking around and exploring visited seaport village before heading to airport.

Enjoy your cruise we loved Panama Canal cruise very different from Suez cansl which we did in November 2016.

We are currently looking at excursions for our Alaskan & Pacific coastal cruises in September 2017 once again on infinity however not in aft balcony, we are cc this time - would have loved to have aft one again however too expensive we treated ourselves Fovthe Panama Canal as we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary.

Firstly apologies for delaying in replying

We did the following excursions on ourvinfinity Panama cruise in November 2015

1. Cartagena - we did the deluxe Cartagena & fortress

Enjoyed visiting the fortress and tour guide very informative - we were not aware of how many traders there would be on this trip

The historical buildings in the town were very interesting and we would have liked more time here, once again lots of traders.

2. Colon - pre panama Canal transit - we did the expansion of the Panama Canal present & future

The highlight for us was the gatun locks observing the ships transit through

The past & future exhibition talk, viewing area and film show was also very interesting - the new Canal will be open when you go.

3. Puntarenas costs Rica - excursion taken Pacific train, boat & bus adventure

Most enjoyable part on this trip was the tarcoles river jungle crocodile safari - tour guide ensured we saw plenty of wildlife.

Pacific train journey was interesting however saw more children than wildlife.

4. Puerto quetzal Guatemala - excursion taken colonial Antigua past & present

Very interesting & informative tour - great to see the buildings and once again tour guide very helpful.

Lunch served was also very tasty. Be aware It was a 1&half hour bus journey each way. We felt it was worth it.

5. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

We did our own thing here as we had visited on a previous cruise. We took taxi into old town and did some sightseeing then headed back to ship but checked out the shopping mall first.

6. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Once again a port we had previously visited so we hopped on a tender did our own thing walked along the harbours and had a few beers etc

7. San Diego

Our end of trip port however a city we love again we spent time walking around and exploring visited seaport village before heading to airport.

Enjoy your cruise we loved Panama Canal cruise very different from Suez cansl which we did in November 2016.

We are currently looking at excursions for our Alaskan & Pacific coastal cruises in September 2017 once again on infinity however not in aft balcony, we are cc this time - would have loved to have aft one again however too expensive we treated ourselves Fovthe Panama Canal as we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary.

Thank You Very Much !

We've had 1140 on the Infinity during a Panama Canal crossing. We would take this room again in a heart beat. The balcony is deep - nearly 10 feet. The flag is in the way but I'm ok with that. Great access to the buffet and bar. Didn't notice the noise from either.

We've had 1140 on the Infinity during a Panama Canal crossing. We would take this room again in a heart beat. The balcony is deep - nearly 10 feet. The flag is in the way but I'm ok with that. Great access to the buffet and bar. Didn't notice the noise from either.

Good to hear. We are in 1141 3/5-3/19 and 1134 from 3/19-4/2. Really getting excited!

Carol.

We were in 9201 on the Infinity for our 2012 Alaska cruise and it was the best!The view was second to none, and the balcony was HUGE.

As another poster mentioned, for a typical Caribbean cruise, unless the price was right, I doubt I would go for the aft, but Alaska, New England, or Northern Europe/Scandinavia I wouldn't think of anything else!