'The Voice' TV Show Comes to Princess Cruises

LauraS

Poor idea. Just another name for Pop Star. A cruise line should place it's focus on activities that are inclusive for all passengers not just those few with a special singing talent or those that are traveling with large voting groups. Singing competitions between passengers are a bad idea.

sad to see this will be on our alaska cruise next may

remember, you don't have to go to the sing a long if you don't want to. However, others may enjoy it. We did on royal and regal and had a lot of fun,, you may also if you try.

Poor idea. Just another name for Pop Star. A cruise line should place it's focus on activities that are inclusive for all passengers not just those few with a special singing talent or those that are traveling with large voting groups. Singing competitions between passengers are a bad idea.

Very well said.

Singing in pop choir or Karaoke has been available on every Princess cruise we have been on. We have experienced both only one time. This is because we found other activities to occupy our time that were of greater interest.

It will be no different with the "Voice". We might give it a try and if it doesn't appeal to us, we'll do something else. :)

singing in pop choir or karaoke has been available on every princess cruise we have been on. We have experienced both only one time. This is because we found other activities to occupy our time that were of greater interest.

It will be no different with the "voice". We might give it a try and if it doesn't appeal to us, we'll do something else. :)

well said....there are a lot of things to do if this does not appeal to you.

My wife and I were on the Star in July when they tested this. It was actually quite good.

There were two 'audition' nights at the beginning of the cruise. That was where you saw the bad singers. One girl sung all 20 minutes of Bohemian Rhapsody. It was awful. One guy sung Eminem's The Real Slim Shady. It was awesome.

The finals were in the main theater on the second to last day. They did only have good singers there.

It was VERY will received by the standing room only crowd.

Singing in pop choir or Karaoke has been available on every Princess cruise we have been on. We have experienced both only one time. This is because we found other activities to occupy our time that were of greater interest.

It's just a rehash of 'Loveboat Legends', Karaoke, 'Princess Pop Star', etc.

-- but with a new name.

You still can't put lipstick on a pig.

Edited by pablo222

I can't say I'm excited. My guess is it'll be as cheesy as Dancing With The Stars on HAL. It's nothing more than a passenger talent show with cruise staff acting as the judges. They just try to glamorize it by displaying the recognizable banner.

Ughh! Wouldn't mind if it didn't seem to be instead of, not in addition to, other entertainment.

I don't think this will take the place of a production show. My guess is that it will take the place of the regularly scheduled Karaoke. If they are using the title of the show, "The Voice," in an official way, not just a copycat thing, then there must be some sort of legal cooperation between NBC and Princess, and this must be part of a greater publicity campaign for both.

Ughh! Wouldn't mind if it didn't seem to be instead of, not in addition to, other entertainment.

Has it started yet? Has it been reported that it replaced production shows, comedians and other entertainment yet? I haven't seen anything written as fact yet. Why get upset about something that hasn't happened yet?

This doesn't appeal to me at all. If this is being promoted as featured entertainment on Princess ships, I would pass with booking with them in 2016.

No one has said it's the ONLY entertainment onboard. :rolleyes: No one has said you must attend or else. I don't get why people are getting all hostile about this and panicking. I don't like Karaoke, won't go see this show, but I'm not going to boycott Princess because of it. What's with the hysteria?

No one has said it's the ONLY entertainment onboard. :rolleyes: No one has said you must attend or else. I don't get why people are getting all hostile about this and panicking. I don't like Karaoke, won't go see this show, but I'm not going to boycott Princess because of it. What's with the hysteria?

There's no hostility or hysteria or panicking here. It's just not appealing to me and IF "The Voice" is the "featured" entertainment on the ships, I would pass on booking in 2016. I do know it's being heavily promoted and marketed.

I realize that the printed word does not sometimes come across as well as speaking face-to-face with someone, but your post actually comes across in the printed word as slightly hysterical in responding to my previous post, which you quoted. I don't understand why you would be so personally worked up about what I might choose to do or not to do with regards to booking a cruise vacation.

I read the hysteria into it, too, but now that you've clarified it: that you would pass on Princess and probably book something else instead if The Voice was listed as the main entertainment--that makes sense.

Edited by tetleytea