website vs consultants

AK Dreaming

Has anyone found any advantage to using an NCL Cruise Consultant? I put a cruise on hold and someone called me to help book. I have always just booked myself on line. It is fast easy and convenient. Is there any benefit I am missing to letting someone else book for you? I know some big box retailers and other website sometimes give extras, but I'm not looking for that. I just mean can they upgrade you, or get you more OBC? If not why would anyone use them instead of booking on line?

An NCL cruise consultant can't get you any better deals that aren't being offered by NCL's online site. The benefits are that if you find a good one and develop a relationship they may find things you might have missed online, like claiming latitudes offers or regional discounts. They also can see more cabin choices that might not show up online. Later if there is a price drop after final payment having someone you have been dealing with may give you a better chance of getting some OBC or moving to a higher cabin.

I find the cruise I want on another (better) web site and call NCL to see if one of our desired aft cabins is available - and if so, book it then and there, using Cruise Next.

I got what I wanted and I never look back.

Has anyone found any advantage to using an NCL Cruise Consultant? I put a cruise on hold and someone called me to help book. I have always just booked myself on line. It is fast easy and convenient. Is there any benefit I am missing to letting someone else book for you? I know some big box retailers and other website sometimes give extras, but I'm not looking for that. I just mean can they upgrade you, or get you more OBC? If not why would anyone use them instead of booking on line?

Lots of reasons. I think the question is more why wouldn't you take advantage of someone booking for you when it costs you nothing?

For example. A PCC has the ability to enter multiple promo codes on your reservation. You do not have the ability to do this online. So when promotional codes can be combined, the PCC can get you a better deal than you can get online.

While you may be able to get the same deal as the PCC, you will NEVER get a better deal booking yourself. For me, that is reason enough.

My example of why I use the NCL PC is after booking our most recent cruise I read on this forum about the $50 on-board credit, so I emailed him and he made it happen for us!

Plus I foolishly miss read my Cruise Reward deposit, I thought it was an expiration date and not that I had to sail by then. He was able to make it work for us.

We do all of the research first, decide on the cruise and deals and even the cabin and then we call him and we book it together, this time he suggested different cabins then the ones we picked so we will see but I trust is knowledge better then mine!

Always helpful with any questions I might have an quick to respond to my emails.

By using NCL rep. we were able to get a 50.00 per person OBC that I didn't see online.

Plus we upgraded to spa balcony and We were able to get a better rate deal.

I always research myself then call and speak with rep when booking.

With your situation, if perks aren't an issue, use a PCC. For me, I want the perks, so I will know what cabin I want, call NCL, set up the reservation, and then transfer my reservation to my TA.

Whatever promos I got from NCL go with that reservation when I make the transfer.

For me, I want the perks, so I will know what cabin I want, call NCL, set up the reservation, and then transfer my reservation to my TA.

Why not just have the TA make the reservation in the first place? Wouldn't that be easier and save you the step of having the transfer done?

I have used the same PCC for a number of years, he was great. Always returned calls and emails. He has been promoted, and is now working for Regent. I have been assigned a new PCC, hope they're as good.

Why not just have the TA make the reservation in the first place? Wouldn't that be easier and save you the step of having the transfer done?

We have always used NCL PCC and been very happy. Last week I received an email from a large online TA and it was offering free gratuities along with the 2 perks I had already received from NCL. Since I was within the 60 days of booking, I had it transferred. I don't know if I would have received the 3rd perk if I had already booked with them. So I got a lower.price, additional OBC and 3 perks instead of 2.

We have always used NCL PCC and been very happy. Last week I received an email from a large online TA and it was offering free gratuities along with the 2 perks I had already received from NCL. Since I was within the 60 days of booking, I had it transferred. I don't know if I would have received the 3rd perk if I had already booked with them. So I got a lower.price, additional OBC and 3 perks instead of 2.

Good for you, but I don't see how your situation pertains to the situation of the person to whom I actually directed that question. I was obviously interested in the answer as to how it relates to THEIR situation. Had I not been, the question would have been directed to the forum at large.

The only advantage is if you want a cabin that you can't see on the web site, they can get it for you if it is available.