Live from Equinox

excitedofharpenden

Having a wonderful time here. Food's been great. Silk Harvest tonight excellent. Looking forward to the ventriloquist from Britain's Got Talent. To those of you who take an interest in the piped music, it's all over the place regardless of number of guests in the area. Loud at the Sunset Bar when there's few people there. Create an atmosphere without a crowd of people? Crazy. Will be mentioned on the comment card.

Crew range from mostly wonderful to a few who appear not to want to be here, but that goes with a ship with many people. To those friends who will join when I get off, you will love it and they haven't run out of Boddingtons yet. :)

Phil

We just got off the equinox on Tuesday :) we had a great cruise. The Britain's got talent ventriloquist was excellent! glad he's still onboard.

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise! Have they restocked the tea forte English breakfast tea and hot chocolate in cafe al Bacio yet? They ran out the last day :eek:

Hi Phil,

What could be better than yr Boddington's and friends?:);)

Must be the same fellow they had on last yr's Infinity TA named Garth? Just hope you're not the guy picked towards the end to go up on stage....though it can be very funny.:D

For those of us following you, any not to miss items at Silk Harvest or did they bring you the whole menu?:eek:

Wish you were staying on! Have fun!

Barb

Hi Phil' date='

What could be better than yr Boddington's and friends?:);)

Must be the same fellow they had on last yr's Infinity TA named Garth? Just hope you're not the guy picked towards the end to go up on stage....though it can be very funny.:D

For those of us following you, any not to miss items at Silk Harvest or did they bring you the whole menu?:eek:

Wish you were staying on! Have fun!

Barb[/quote']

Barb, it's all good. I prefer the starters so would go for a good selection and then maybe one or two mains with the special fried rice.

Phil

We just got off the equinox on Tuesday :) we had a great cruise.

:eek:

Debbie, did you try the GastroBar? Any thoughts?

Having a wonderful time here. Food's been great. Silk Harvest tonight excellent. Looking forward to the ventriloquist from Britain's Got Talent. To those of you who take an interest in the piped music, it's all over the place regardless of number of guests in the area. Loud at the Sunset Bar when there's few people there. Create an atmosphere without a crowd of people? Crazy. Will be mentioned on the comment card.

Crew range from mostly wonderful to a few who appear not to want to be here, but that goes with a ship with many people. To those friends who will join when I get off, you will love it and they haven't run out of Boddingtons yet. :)

Phil

Phil, load us up with info! We get on with 'matondo' Tammy & Dave, on the 10th!

As I asked Debbie, if you get to try the GastroBar, please post your thoughts. Not so much about the food selections or quality, but the craft beer choices, for me, and wine selections left from CM for the wifester:eek: ( as Newt used to say )

Edited by wallie5446

Hi Phil

So glad you're enjoying your cruise.

Friends of ours are on Equinox right now too, celebrating a very special birthday. We really wanted to go with them, but I couldn't get the time off work - so jealous!!

If you see Sue and Jim at the Martini Bar (their favourite place!), please say Hello from us (Heather and David)!

Hope you enjoy your overnight in Venice. We were there on Equinox in July and loved every minute.

Have a fantastic holiday

Finally back home after a very nice time on Equinox. I have to say the BCN to Venice and back when it includes the Dalmatian Coast is my favourite Med itinerary. The ports are all wonderful and varied. It's a good distance and you feel you've done a journey.

I upgraded my 123 Go drink passage for $160 odd and it was well worth it. As a martini drinker it was a must and it covered every drink I wanted including in Molecular Bar.

Food on the whole was ok for me in the MDR. Over salting was evident as it has been before and some of the offerings lacked a dimension or two. As I said above I thought Silk Harvest was great.

I mentioned the piped music and it drove me nuts. Also, some bright spark had the idea of adding the noise of crickets chirping. It goes on 24 hours a day in some spots. I was up early for the sail into Kotor. At 5.45am it was still dark and cool and the view of the constellations, the odd shooting star, the crescent moon and silhouette of the mountains was breathtaking. My main memory though? The flippin' chirping of the crickets I heard on my balcony from the loudspeakers on the Promenade Deck. I love immersing myself in the atmosphere of being at sea, but on many occasions around the ship was forced to listen to inappropriate background noise and Muzak. It's a shame.

Overall I enjoyed the cruise, but doing it with a kind of b2b with Azamara Journey it became clear to me that I prefer the cosyness and quietness of a smaller ship together with the better food and service. I won't discount Celebrity, but it would have to be the right itinerary.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Chirping crickets?

some S class ships have odd noises in the little area going from lobby to specialty dining...but throuout the ship sounds wierd!

Hope they stop that before we cruise on her next year!