Just off Glory,Help.

I just got off the Glory today. 3/26/15. I have a rash on my arms ,neck and inner thigh.They are reddish bumps and blotches. Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

If you got off the ship at all it could be any number of things picked up in the caribbean. You need to seek medical attention. Go to a prompt care/urgent care. I know that sounds silly, but honestly no one on these message boards could possibly guess what your rash is from. Coming home from the caribbean with a rash does raise a red flag to me and I would go to the doctor. Make sure you mention all of the places you have been.

Were you ever anywhere in sand? Sand fleas can wreak havok! Also heat rash, or if you were wearing non breathing clothing, ie spandex, nylon, polyester for more than a few hours. If one goes into the water/beach and stays in those clothes for hours, even after they dry, one can get rash from combination of moisture, and rubber, nylon, fibers. Are you prone to allergies? Sorry could be many reasons.

Hopefully, symptoms will subside and no further action required now, but if not, you know what to do.

Were you in the hot tubs? It could quite possibly be a reaction from the chemicals. This happened to me once at a hotel after sitting in the hot tub. The rash was up around my neck, shoulders and on my arms. It was bothersome but only lasted for a day or two then it was gone.

Sometimes the chemicals are just too strong for some people's sensitive skin.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I also second the question whether you were in a hot tub. We had a huge hot tub and it was something due to the chemicals well I made sure I never went in that thing again even though my other half said it was safe, no way ever will I get in a hot tub and we got rid of that darn thing too thankfully! I think it lasted 2-3 weeks too!

Edited by lyndamr

It will go away but takes time, for me it was between 2-3 weeks you could be faster, this is why I NEVER again would go in hot tubs no way, bet you feel the same. I didn't put anything on it, just dealt with it.

Edited by lyndamr

Nobody here knows what you have, it could be anything. Could be from laundry detergent, or maybe you're dying. Go to a doctor and find out.

While this dying comment was made in jest, it actually could be something quite serious. :eek:

Better silly than sorry -- go to see your doctor!

LuLu

I can't go in hot tubs, I break out. Usually starts with my upper arms, inside. It took me a couple vacations to figure out the exact problem. It was full body rash by the end of vacations, and very long uncomfortable plane rides home. Took several days to clear up. Pools will do it also, but now the extent hot tubs do. I shower immediately after to rinse off the chemicals.

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Do not try to guess what it is and treat it yourself, this does not work. I came home from an out of town work event with a bad rash which would not go away, went to the Dr. and found I had scabies from the bed bugs in the hotel mattress. Most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me. Let me state again, GO TO THE DOCTOR.

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Do not try to guess what it is and treat it yourself, this does not work. I came home from an out of town work event with a bad rash which would not go away, went to the Dr. and found I had scabies from the bed bugs in the hotel mattress. Most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me. Let me state again, GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Bed bugs don't have scabies. They are two totally different things.

To the OP hope you feel better soon.