Should I take duct tape?

barante

Great idea but PLEASE don't use it to affix anything to the walls in your cabin. I read on a previously posted thread of the duct tape taking the paint off the walls and the occupants receiving a bill from the cruise ship for repainting the walls. the walls are metal and magnets work best for that purpose.

Never needed duct tape...I'm pretty sure the maintainence dept. on the ship will have some, if needed.

You are 100% correct! I know that from experience.

....and here is the biggest secret -- they sell it in other countries. Duct tape is not limited to the United States.

You are 100% correct! I know that from experience.

....and here is the biggest secret -- they sell it in other countries. Duct tape is not limited to the United States.

I have been around the world and have never needed duct tape. Not only do other countries sell it, it is available in airports as well.

In 35 years of travel-independent travel, cruises, AIs, safaris, extended land trips, and multi month trips in Europe and USA by VW van, we have only used duct tape once that I can remember. And only because a helpful person offered it. We could have easily done without.

So we would say no.

Won't help if your at an airport when the bag breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many airports have a service where they wrap your luggage in clear wrapping material - for a fee obviously. I had to have it done once.

DON

I started taking a small roll with us when I saw it in the store. I didn't know they made them that small and thought it may come in handy someday. DH needed to use it on our NCL Jewel cruise out of New Orleans when our suitcase was damaged around one of the wheels on the plane ride into New Orleans. He's such a handy guy and was actually surprised when he looked at the suitcase and said he could patch it up with some duct tape and I just happened to pull out a small roll for him :p:D;).

I have been around the world and have never needed duct tape. Not only do other countries sell it, it is available in airports as well.

At a security baggage check in Barcelona(airport), my partial roll of duct tape was confiscated.

...said it could be used for handcuffs.:rolleyes: