Why do Cruise Critic not answer questions

foster269

Hello,whilst I am sure it is my lack of computer skills that is the problem and some may say it is not too important.My name foster269 does not appear on the members list.I have tried several methods to contact the administrators have allways hit a brick wall.If they do not assist me in this problem I will be leaving this forum.Maybe fellow members may think I will not be a great loss but it has now become a point of principle,there I have got it off my chest.

Rodger.

Hello,whilst I am sure it is my lack of computer skills that is the problem and some may say it is not too important.My name foster269 does not appear on the members list.I have tried several methods to contact the administrators have allways hit a brick wall.If they do not assist me in this problem I will be leaving this forum.Maybe fellow members may think I will not be a great loss but it has now become a point of principle,there I have got it off my chest.

Rodger.

When I click on "foster269" i can see all of your posts and read your public profile so you're certainly a member.

Edited by cruiseco

When I click on "foster269" i can see all of your posts and read your public profile so you're certainly a member. What "member list" are you referring to?

If you go to the top of this page there is a section under the Cruise Critic heading that contains a number of links, one of which about two thirds of the way across is called "Members List". Apparently he is not listed there.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Rodger.

They should start a FAQ on this. They do not list people as members until they hit 300 posts. My guess is that they do this in order to keep the member list "manageable" since if they listed everyone who has a cruise critic account the number would probably be in the high hundreds of thousands if not millions. Keeping it to 300 posts makes it so that you have to be somewhat active to get on the member list to start off with.

Hello,whilst I am sure it is my lack of computer skills that is the problem and some may say it is not too important.My name foster269 does not appear on the members list.

I have been a member for some time.

I just checked, and I am not a on the members list either.

I have no idea what use or benefits the members list might provide.

They should start a FAQ on this. They do not list people as members until they hit 300 posts. My guess is that they do this in order to keep the member list "manageable" since if they listed everyone who has a cruise critic account the number would probably be in the high hundreds of thousands if not millions. Keeping it to 300 posts makes it so that you have to be somewhat active to get on the member list to start off with.

Well, I learn at least two or three good things on CC, every day -- thanks for that tidbit of information! :)

Oh, and to the OP: rather than leaving the forum in frustration, try contacting the folks on the technical help board. At the top of the CC home page, there is a sub-forum titled: Need help using the boards? If you post your question/problem there, the Amazing Host Kat (or one of her associates) will help you. My computer skills are not great either, but Host Kat has talked me through setting up/taking down countdown clocks -- and other problems I've encountered. Good Luck! :cool:

Live and learn. I never knew that. To the OP, you wouldn't be able to post so don't worry about it.

I have been a member for some time.

I just checked, and I am not a on the members list either.

I have no idea what use or benefits the members list might provide.

I just type LA_ into the search box on the member's list and your user name was the first one to come up:). The _ is part of your user name and if you don't include it then the search engine won't find you.

So why the frustration on not being on the member list? Is Cruise Critic not a place that you get good information? I don't see the point in leaving the forum just because you are not on the members list. But if it is that frustrating to you than I guess you should spend your time elsewhere. Good luck with getting cruise info somewhere else.

Edited by vjblk

I have 800+ and I am not on the list.

And I really do not care.

This is my understanding as well. I believe the FAQ is a generic one that is used by all forums that use the same software to host their forum.

I've been a CC member since 2005, active most all of that time.

I have never once checked to see if I am on the list of members, nor have I ever used that list to look up someone else.

Do others use it a lot? :confused::confused:

I just type LA_ into the search box on the member's list and your user name was the first one to come up:). The _ is part of your user name and if you don't include it then the search engine won't find you.

I have 800+ and I am not on the list.

And I really do not care.

Sparks1093 explained it to you. :)

There's a members list??? :rolleyes:

Can't say I've ever used it.

As long as I can see my posts under my profile and my subscribed threads, and all the other search methods are working (New Posts, Roll Calls, Ports of Call), I'm all set.

I've been a CC member since 2005, active most all of that time.

I have never once checked to see if I am on the list of members, nor have I ever used that list to look up someone else.

Do others use it a lot? :confused::confused:

Same here!

I've been a member since 2001, have never checked to see if I'm on the list of members, and have never used the list to look up anyone else. :rolleyes:

LuLu

I'm another one who never even knew there was a members list. Unless there's some tangible benefit to being on it, I'm not bothered whether I'm on it or not. I'm not sure why the OP feels that his name not being on the list is a 'problem'.

Edited by aquilegia

I don't understand why being on the list is even important.

Maybe he has OCD or it makes him feel down that he does not "exist" according to CC. On my Oasis cruise there was a guy like that and actually worked his way up to 300 posts on the roll call to get himself on the members list just to make himself feel better. We all cheered him along and it made his vacation experience better for one reason or another.

The only time I've used the members list was once when someone posted a particularly biased review full of inaccurate information. I was curious to see if the person was an active member and to see what, if any, other cruises he had been on. Not surprisingly, he was not on the list.

Maybe he has OCD or it makes him feel down that he does not "exist" according to CC. On my Oasis cruise there was a guy like that and actually worked his way up to 300 posts on the roll call to get himself on the members list just to make himself feel better. We all cheered him along and it made his vacation experience better for one reason or another.

Maybe he should have just changed his user name to "on the list". LOL