Why do Cruise Critic not answer questions

foster269

If you go to the top of this page there is a section under the Cruise Critic heading that contains a number of links, one of which about two thirds of the way across is called "Members List". Apparently he is not listed there.

Interesting. We have been active on CC since the first week it opened and did not even know that had a "Members List." And I guess my next question would be "why would anyone care?"

Hank

I have 800+ and I am not on the list.

And I really do not care.

You are on the Members List -- you need to go to "L" -- type in your user name:

LA_CA_GAL

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Search took 11.83 seconds. Cruise Critic Message Board Forums: Members List Search Members menu_open.gifUser Name sortdesc.gifFind PostsJoin Date Posts AvatarLA_CA_GAL find.gifSeptember 1st, 2010828

Interesting. We have been active on CC since the first week it opened and did not even know that had a "Members List." And I guess my next question would be "why would anyone care?"

Hank

As one other poster pointed out, it sometimes helps judge the (for lack of a better word) authenticity of something posted in the "Members Review" section. When I run across a really negative, hyperbole-ridden review, I want to know who wrote it. If I don't recognize the name, or can find no other posts by that person, I'll check the CC Members List. If that poster's name doesn't come up, I just put them in the "hit-and-run" category, and disregard their review. :rolleyes:

Edited by wwcruisers

You are on the Members List -- you need to go to "L" -- type in your user name:

LA_CA_GAL

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Search took 11.83 seconds. Cruise Critic Message Board Forums: Members List Search Members menu_open.gifUser Name sortdesc.gifFind PostsJoin Date Posts AvatarLA_CA_GAL find.gifSeptember 1st, 2010828

Thank you.

I did click on the link to the members list, and I went to the Ls.

I would think that I would be listed there, but, please see the results of my search below.

Why am I not listed? I would think I should be above LA_Lady.

lacagal_zps567388f7.jpg

Thank you.

I would think that I would be listed there, but, please see the results of my search below.

lacagal_zps567388f7.jpg

I'm thinking it's because LA Lady has a space between LA and Lady. Your name is all one name with underscores instead of spaces. Your name shows up after LazyMary, and before la_croisiere_s'amuse in the master list (on page 8).

Edited by Shmoo here

Thank you.

I found you right away - took just 10.37 seconds, in fact, according to the search results. I did a member search for "LA_" and this is what came up. The key is the "_" after "LA". It's not a space, but an underscore:

LA_GIRL.jpg

Edited by boogs

Honestly not trying to be ugly .... but having a problem understanding why any would care one way or the other about having their name on the list of members. What difference does it make? :confused:

LuLu

Honestly not trying to be ugly .... but having a problem understanding why any would care one way or the other about having their name on the list of members. What difference does it make? :confused:

LuLu

None. Just recognition that they are a participant here.

It may not be a significant reason but I have used the member list to find someone. I wanted to find reviews by Radio so by looking him up, they were easy to find.

Now here' s some trivial. If you click on member list, then drop down a bit and click on join, it will give you in alphabetical order who were the first to join. If you drop down from member list and click on posts, it will list posters with the highest number on down.

LuLu

Many of us have no lives or reason to live except for CC.

Now that I know I exist on the members list gives me reason to go on.:rolleyes:

Hello,whilst I am sure it is my lack of computer skills that is the problem and some may say it is not too important.My name foster269 does not appear on the members list.I have tried several methods to contact the administrators have allways hit a brick wall.If they do not assist me in this problem I will be leaving this forum.Maybe fellow members may think I will not be a great loss but it has now become a point of principle,there I have got it off my chest.

Rodger.

What's the big deal? There are over 1.1 million members on Cruise Critic, so,why is it so important to have a name listed on some forum's website? With that many members I would guess that probably hundreds, if not thousands, of members aren't listed. You try managing over 1.1 million names and not make a mistake.

IMHO, your name not being on some list is not a reason to leave any forum.

Hello,whilst I am sure it is my lack of computer skills that is the problem and some may say it is not too important.My name foster269 does not appear on the members list.I have tried several methods to contact the administrators have allways hit a brick wall.If they do not assist me in this problem I will be leaving this forum.Maybe fellow members may think I will not be a great loss but it has now become a point of principle,there I have got it off my chest.

Rodger.

I think names aren't added to list for awhile after you've been a member. As someone else has said, it might depend on if you post at least 300 times.

I am not sure why finding your name on the Members List is so important to you. I have been a member for almost five years and have never thought to see if my name is on the member list.

Once you are registered you can post, as you have done, and get help on your cruising questions.

Edited by NMLady

Thank you.

lacagal_zps567388f7.jpg

Hers is a space, not an underscore. You need to search for La_ not for La

Then it comes right up. Yours is an underscore. Hers is a space. Underscores are alphabetically after spaces and letters.

Edited by NMLady

Hank

Me too--not that I've been a member as long as Hank; I just didn't know there was a member list and frankly don't care.

The only time I've used the members list was once when someone posted a particularly biased review full of inaccurate information. I was curious to see if the person was an active member and to see what, if any, other cruises he had been on. Not surprisingly, he was not on the list.

I've done that if I read a review on the front page (which is rare) and think it's a bit extreme. Then I'm curious to know if they've actually posted on CC. I had thought they created an account to post a review and then didn't bother to go on the forum part (or didn't realize there was a forum). But sometimes the way the names are alphabetized can be daunting, especially if people use underscoring, or if you have to go through a ton of similar names.

But now I know that you don't make the members' list with less than 300 posts (which means 300 on topic posts). But that makes sense given the number of members who probably post a couple of times and then don't return.