Suite Perks Question for Radiance Class (Jewel)

Can anyone tell me what the suite perks are for the GrandSuite on the Radiance class ships? It isobvious that the perks vary depending on the class of ship which is understandabledo to the different venues on the ships. I would like to know is where to find this for the Radiance class.

Here is what I tried so far to get an answer.

• Royal website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests which uses plenty of words such as “whereavailable” without saying what that means for the different classes of ships
  • Royal printed materials – no better than the website
  • Searching Cruise Critic
  • My TA
  • As a favor, my TA is going to her Royal rep tosee if she can get an answer

All I want to know is what we get for planning. For example, do we get breakfast in a specialtyrestaurant or do we have to go to the dining room or (oh no) the buffet.

Thanks for any help. Oh, I hope I didn’t open any flood gates with this question.

I have asked this also. The response I got is that there is a special Breakfast for Grand Suites and above, just like on the Freedom class. I am cruising on Radiance in July. I will be able to report back after that as to if this is actually so.

I have asked this also. The response I got is that there is a special Breakfast for Grand Suites and above, just like on the Freedom class. I am cruising on Radiance in July. I will be able to report back after that as to if this is actually so.

We did Brilliance last September had a cool aft GS , breakfast at chops was excellent, great staff ( sister ship of Radiance) , wish they had pool reserved seating which they do not have, maybe if we complain enough?

We did Brilliance last September had a cool aft GS , breakfast at chops was excellent, great staff ( sister ship of Radiance) , wish they had pool reserved seating which they do not have, maybe if we complain enough?

The reserved seating on any of the ships always seems to be in the hot sun, no shade at all. Never any use if you aren't looking to bake like a potato!

Thanks for the info. Believe it or not, that was our top question but I could not get an answer. No response back yet from our TA.

Anyway, we are booked on the trans-Atlantic next May so we were just wondering.

Also, thanks to the others who responded. Since we don't go tot the pools anymore that is not an issue. The reserved seats for shows on other trips have not (usually) been as good as the ones we got just by showing up.

I'll know the rest in 360 days when we sail. Happy sailing everyone.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info. Believe it or not, that was our top question but I could not get an answer. No response back yet from our TA.

Also, thanks to the others who responded. Since we don't go tot the pools anymore that is not an issue. The reserved seats for shows on other trips have not (usually) been as good as the ones we got just by showing up.

Next to Royal Suite in GS @ hump on May '18 crossing. See you then.

GMa and Marshall

Serenade

daca4b34c46555f04328c1ef0553edee.jpg

d1822e496204721123efb3ea0697a2fe.jpg

e89b79a3e35aac050fe944bf185b7f71.jpg

b895755b281904cebfe152bfb5ae41cb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I will be on Radiance in May 2018 in a grand suite and I am trying to find out info on suite perks as well. I've have read there is a breakfast served to suite guests. Some have said they had it in Chops and others said it was in Giovanni's.

I will be on Radiance in May 2018 in a grand suite and I am trying to find out info on suite perks as well. I've have read there is a breakfast served to suite guests. Some have said they had it in Chops and others said it was in Giovanni's.

Breakfast is available in Chops on sister ships Brilliance and Serenade so it's probably the same on Radiance. It's usually not very crowded and you get excellent service. It's the same menu as in the dining room but you can ask for just about anything.

One of the suite perks that I really enjoy is the ship's officers welcome party. It's usually on the first sea day around 11:30. We've had both passed and buffet style upscale hors d'oeuvres and complimentary cocktails, the Officers and their positions are announced and they walk around talking to the guests. Makes me feel special for an hour.

Breakfast is available in Chops on sister ships Brilliance and Serenade so it's probably the same on Radiance. It's usually not very crowded and you get excellent service. It's the same menu as in the dining room but you can ask for just about anything.

One of the suite perks that I really enjoy is the ship's officers welcome party. It's usually on the first sea day around 11:30. We've had both passed and buffet style upscale hors d'oeuvres and complimentary cocktails, the Officers and their positions are announced and they walk around talking to the guests. Makes me feel special for an hour.

Thank you for replying! I will have to check out the ship officer's welcome party. I didn't know that was a perk :).

On Radiance in May the breakfast was in Giovanni's, but it normally is in Chops. We didn't care why they changed it, so never asked.

The special outdoor seating area is on Deck 11 all the way forward, the last picture in John's photo array. There are loungers, but nothing else. No bar service, no shade. I don't know why they even bothered with it. The only time to go would be to watch something in the ocean, in which case you'd be standing at the rail.

On Radiance in May the breakfast was in Giovanni's, but it normally is in Chops. We didn't care why they changed it, so never asked.

The special outdoor seating area is on Deck 11 all the way forward, the last picture in John's photo array. There are loungers, but nothing else. No bar service, no shade. I don't know why they even bothered with it. The only time to go would be to watch something in the ocean, in which case you'd be standing at the rail.

Yes, it is in either Chops or Giovanni's Table. There are neighbors. You will find out which one they are using when you get to your stateroom.

There is no "normal". It's wherever they want to have it.

I was on for six cruises. For three, it was in Chops. For three, it was in Giovanni's Table.

It might be nice for Alaska, Panama Canal, etc... Access is still an issue though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just off Radiance last month and the suite breakfast was in Giovanni's and very nice. We were not invited to a ship's officers welcome party. There was a buffet style lunch one day and some folks got drinks (passed us by every time!) but no officers around. The special dining area of the Windjammer was open to all guests although on our April Serenade Transatlantic it was for suite guests only. Never any consistency!

We were in an owners suite for a cruise in April this year. Breakfast was in Chops. Reserved seating at the theatre but none by the pools. It was great having the reserved seating in the theatre and would have been appreciated by the pool as we never managed to get a seat in that area. Embarkation day we were virtually whisked to an area of the dining room which had a special area prepared for lunch. It was wonderful with buffet set up and could also order off a menu. Drinks were served and there were several officers welcoming us aboard. During our cruise there were several functions for suite and diamond plus guests. Each night we went to the concierge club for a couple of drinks before dinner. Did not have any advantages for tender ports. In fact as we queued in the sun to get back on board from Bora Bora the captain and his wife were even further back in the queue. We gave the captain extra brownie points for that as I'm sure he could have pulled rank and jumped the queue.

I was wondering if anyone has a current menu for the concierge lounge on the Jewel?

Also, if the lounge doesn't have a wine that we like to drink (ie: a Moscato- nothing crazy) would the bartender be able to provide that or is it strictly limited to the menu?