Dreaded question every time I plan a cruise

bnorris10

I am so tired of friends/family or even just random people whom always feel the need to say or ask "How can you cruise so much?"

It's gotten to the point I don't even like telling people I am going on a cruise because they are like of course you are, you cruise all the time, how can you afford that, take me with you blah blah

Similar to an acquaintance of mine saying: Oh I hope I can cruise one day..to which I reply save $20 a week in a jar & all your change and in a year or so you will be able to afford the trip of your dreams.....but she never does it!

I am so tired of friends/family or even just random people whom always feel the need to say or ask "How can you cruise so much?"

It's gotten to the point I don't even like telling people I am going on a cruise because they are like of course you are, you cruise all the time, how can you afford that, take me with you blah blah

Same here.

I'm retired now. I tell them I worked hard all my life. I put money in IRA's to plan for this time. I don't gamble, hunt, fish or have expensive hobbies.

Answering this question would require looking into your income, your expenses, and your spending habits, and then comparing them to those of the friends asking these questions. If all these things are equal, I think it's a valid question. Personally I would like to know the answer too if I couldn't understand why you could afford going on a cruise but I couldn't.

Respectfully, if these questions bother you, stop sharing with them that you're going on yet another cruise. Just come here and tell us! We will be very happy for you! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Answering this question would require looking into your income, your expenses, and your spending habits, and then comparing them to those of the friends asking these questions. If all these things are equal, I think it's a valid question. Personally I would like to know the answer too if I couldn't understand why you could afford going on a cruise but I couldn't.

Respectfully, if these questions bother you, stop sharing with them that you're going on yet another cruise. Just come here and tell us! We will be very happy for you! [emoji3]

Only one addict can understand another addict.:D

Hubby and I love to cruise and we work very hard to be able to do so. I've stopped telling people when I've booked, but answer excitedly when friends ask, "When's your next cruise?" :D

Similar to an acquaintance of mine saying: Oh I hope I can cruise one day..to which I reply save $20 a week in a jar & all your change and in a year or so you will be able to afford the trip of your dreams.....but she never does it!

You dream different than me.

i sometimes get ask that question when people look at today prices of the cruise NOT what i booked it.i book everything at least a year in advance when everything is cheap. my sunshine cruise went up a few hundred dollars compare to the price i locked in when i first booked it

You should make up a cool story to tell them. Something like it's how you dispose of all the income you make off of the moonshine that you brew and distribute. Tell them that Moonshiners show on TV is actually about your life, those people all work for you.

Or how you were strolling down the beach and tripped over a piece of wood on one of your first cruises, you dug it up and it was filled with gold doubloons and now you travel on the cruise ship trying to find the tribe this gold belongs to in order to give them back the gold and remove the curse. (This way if they ask you for some you can say I wouldn't wish this curse upon you)

i sometimes get ask that question when people look at today prices of the cruise NOT what i booked it.i book everything at least a year in advance when everything is cheap. my sunshine cruise went up a few hundred dollars compare to the price i locked in when i first booked it

Exactly. I booked the Fantasy as soon as it was announced. 457 days in advance. The price has doubled.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Forums mobile app

Similar to an acquaintance of mine saying: Oh I hope I can cruise one day..to which I reply save $20 a week in a jar...

I just did some quick math (well, the calculator did), and with that strategy, it's going to take 8 years to pay for my next cruise. [emoji24]

I just did some quick math (well, the calculator did), and with that strategy, it's going to take 8 years to pay for my next cruise. [emoji24]

Easy enough to fix, just stand outside the flight deck with a can taking up a collection after each flight. Guaranteed way to get a long vacation;).

Canned answer -

Just lucky I guess....

I could only imagine the look on some people's faces if I were to say this ... ;p

Only one addict can understand another addict.:D

I love cruising I wish I could go more often if finances start picking up again I will cruise more often

Or how you were strolling down the beach and tripped over a piece of wood on one of your first cruises, you dug it up and it was filled with gold doubloons and now you travel on the cruise ship trying to find the tribe this gold belongs to in order to give them back the gold and remove the curse. (This way if they ask you for some you can say I wouldn't wish this curse upon you)

Haha I might steal that

I tend to look up cruises with them and show them that its not a bad deal...especially if you cruise off season during school

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I know I tell people all the time cruising is not that expensive and if you save your daily pack of smokes and put that money aside you can go also