Sea Card or Wrist Band

cruiseonly

The sea band is something new and only going to be available for the Quantum & Anthem. When you check in, you can pay $2.00 each extra and have the sea band or you can just get a sea pass card.

$2 per person - ha ha ha !!!

Royal get enough of my hard earned money - looks like it's still sea passes for me.

:)

I'm glad the band is optional, I don't like things on my wrist, not even a watch. Even the Flowrider bands I will stretch out and slip over my hand so I don't have to wear it all the time.

What is the real benefit, just that you don't have to carry a card around?

I'm glad the band is optional, I don't like things on my wrist, not even a watch. Even the Flowrider bands I will stretch out and slip over my hand so I don't have to wear it all the time.

What is the real benefit, just that you don't have to carry a card around?

The band you will be able to remove if you want to.Not a big deal and I for one will take the band.Just easier not to forget.Cant tell you how many times Ive forgotten my seapass card in room.

I LOVED the bands at disney sooo convenient! I even said after using them that it would be great for cruising because no more keeping track is your key or finding cards for payment. It's just a flick if the wrist. Plus they were waterproof. If they are anything like disney's they will be great. Not sure why they are charging $2 a person for them though...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I read someplace that the sea card or wrist band will be in the mailbox on our stateroom door. This is for Quantum.

I wouldn't expect this to be true as both the Sea Pass and wrist band are your charge account onboard - both should be treated "like cash", as they say. They would not be just left for you somewhere.

Wristband, especially if they manage to make it a big smaller for us ladies.

Why? A wristband can be tucked into a pocket or a purse, but a card cannot be worn into the pool or worn with an outfit lacking pockets.

$2 per person - ha ha ha !!!

Royal get enough of my hard earned money - looks like it's still sea passes for me.

:)

Serious question: If you'd nitpick $2, why are you giving them any money?
thanks for info.

I read someplace that the sea card or wrist band will be in the mailbox on our stateroom door. This is for Quantum.

I can't see that happening:

1. It doesn't sound safe. If I board early, what keeps me from helping myself to a couple of my neighbor's cards, then having a few rounds of drinks on their tab before they even board? Yeah, maybe they could catch me by reviewing security camera footage, but it would be a big waste of manpower -- and they'd have to deal with getting you into your room and getting you a new card.

2. They care a great deal about who is on the ship /off the ship at any given moment, and the card is how they track you . . . so you definitely need to put your card through the computer when you board the ship. It's what tells the computer "John Smith is now onboard".

3. That's an extra job for the room stewards, and I already don't see how they manage to get last week's people out and this week's people in -- I mean, between preparing the room and moving the luggage, I just don't see that they could physically do it.

Well, yeah, I do: They bring in extra land-based crew to help them manage the turn-over. So that means they'd have to hire someone else to do this extra job of walking up and down every hallway, and being SURE that the right wristband was placed on the right door.

Edited by MrsPete

How do you make sure you are not accidentally charged for something if you wear the wristband ? After all it will have a RFID chip inside it.

Supposedly, the function that charges you has a very short distance.

Supposedly, the function that charges you has a very short distance.

If the bands are anything like Disney's magicbands, it will be a roaring success. Every point of purchase had a small terminal that you made contact with your wristband. The coloured light on the terminal changed to green when your account charge had successfully been made. So much easier than passcards, you could swim with them without risk of damage. I'll be choosing wrist bands. I'm certainly not gonna sweat paying $2 for a far better method of charging your account...

I wouldn't expect this to be true as both the Sea Pass and wrist band are your charge account onboard - both should be treated "like cash", as they say. They would not be just left for you somewhere.

I was just informed by a Royal CSR that the main person on the booking will have their Sea Pass on the outside of the door upon arrival and all the other guests will find their Sea Passes in the cabin :eek:. What if someone, thinking their being cute, decides to take your Sea Pass off your door! Not sure I'm liking this new form of boarding! :( Also, make sure that everyone traveling with you has a Set Sail document. I was told that everyone now needs to have one in order to board. ;) Its going to be very interesting to say the least...

Future Cruises:

RCCL-Quantum of the Seas – 3 Night Sampler - 2014

RCCL-Quantum of the Seas – Southern Caribbean – 2015

RCCL-Liberty of the Seas – Canada & New England - 2015

RCCL-Anthem of the Seas – Western Caribbean - 2016

RCCL-Diamond Plus

Celebrity-Elite

Norwegian-Silver

Holland-Star Mariner

The Seas are Calling….

After going on 15 cruises, with # 16 not too far away, I would go with the wrist band if it is an option. We went to Disney this year and the wrist bands are the way to go. You can wear them while swimming, so you don't have to worry about your card getting lost.

We will soon be sailing on Quantum of the Seas, and if it is true that the wrist bands will be provided, we will be very, very pleased!

Happy Sailing!

Kat

I kinda like the idea of having both! When I leave the ship, I want the sea pass. But, when I am by the pool I rather like the idea of the wristband. Less to carry. And I want the tan line, so I can prove that I do actually have a tan. :-)

It's a moot point for now, unless they decide to take it to the entire fleet by February.

I was just informed by a Royal CSR that the main person on the booking will have their Sea Pass on the outside of the door upon arrival and all the other guests will find their Sea Passes in the cabin :eek:. What if someone, thinking their being cute, decides to take your Sea Pass off your door! Not sure I'm liking this new form of boarding! :( Also, make sure that everyone traveling with you has a Set Sail document. I was told that everyone now needs to have one in order to board. ;) Its going to be very interesting to say the least...

How do they get on the ship without a Sea Pass? And how do they buy anything (like drinks) that they might decide to purchase before they go to their room. This doesn't sound correct.

Edited by time4u2go