2016-2017 incentive/group cruises on NCL

Does anyone know if there have been any updates as to when the group from NY that behaved badly on the Gem may be cruising in 2017? Trying to avoid it if possible. I heard that they will never cruise leaving on a Saturday so I know the 28th is probably ok. Wondering about Breakaway...or other dates in Jan on the Gem..want to avoid the madness if possible! Love this thread!:)

I am wondering whether anyone can clarify the ship and dates for the "Holy Ship" b2b sailings. Their site lists the NCL Epic. However, neither the dates nor itinerary match with the Epic sailings. (7 days, not 4 days in Jan 2017; departures on Saturdays: 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28).

Does anyone know if there have been any updates as to when the group from NY that behaved badly on the Gem may be cruising in 2017? Trying to avoid it if possible. I heard that they will never cruise leaving on a Saturday so I know the 28th is probably ok. Wondering about Breakaway...or other dates in Jan on the Gem..want to avoid the madness if possible! Love this thread!:)

We were booked on a PC NYE cruise for this Dec. but in Aug we found out the cruise was a charter. We had booked the cruise over a year out and were really looking forward to finally going to the PC. but because we had had such a bad experience with a previous similar group charter cruise we had been on we decided to cancel and rebook for Jan. 2017. We will be on the Gem Jan. 18 which leaves on a Thursday and returns on a Saturday. So far have not heard that any group has chartered that cruise. Now the only thing we have to worry about is snow storms!

Is anyone aware of a group cruise on BA 11/26/16?

At about 28 days before sailing, 30+ balcony and above cabins were booked up. All remaining balcony, spa and Haven were booked in one afternoon. The only cabins showing are a few oceanviews and some insides. I've been checking the status of cabins - considering upgrading. At noonish, plenty of cabins. By evening that same day, all were gone.

I'm a bit concerned as there were more than 30 cabins (balcony & above) were booked up in one day.

Edited by Loralye

Is anyone aware of a group cruise on BA 11/26/16?

At about 28 days before sailing, 30+ balcony and above cabins were booked up. All remaining balcony, spa and Haven were booked in one afternoon. The only cabins showing are a few oceanviews and some insides. I've been checking the status of cabins - considering upgrading. At noonish, plenty of cabins. By evening that same day, all were gone.

I'm a bit concerned as there were more than 30 cabins (balcony & above) were booked up in one day.

That could have been merely from them designating their guarantee cabins to the people who booked guarantee.

That could have been merely from them designating their guarantee cabins to the people who booked guarantee.

Thanks. I did finally come to that conclusion this afternoon. I guess I didn't think about it since such high categories went.

The ship is near FULL.

• 5 weeks later...

ok----I am on the Pearl for the NY cruise & didn't know (until know) that it is a Kosher cruise.

What does that mean to me? Will they still have the regular menu or will it be changed to a "Kosher" menu? Will any activities be restricted?

I booked this cruise because I just didn't want to spend NYE alone & I travel solo. I do know of a friend who is also on this cruise, so will know someone!

On a previous cruise last year we were on a cruise with a group of 500 males- most were nice however there were some who displayed behaviour I would reserve for in my cabin with my husband! I am open minded but this was shocking exhibitionist behaviour that I would like to avoid in the future and everyone should have the choice of this.

However if the poster of the above comment has no objections to such behaviour then good luck to them but do not jump to judge others!

Of course...certain groups may represent "life areas" that are not my favorite choice for my vacation $$.

Say for instance, you grew up with a phobia re "clowns" :eek:

Can you imagine everywhere you looked on board...there's no escaping the maniacal smiles of flappy-footed, scary dudes/dudesses that undue all those hours of therapy?:rolleyes:

Anyway, this absolutely is helpful info...!

And please... This has nothing to do with PC over-sensitivity.

Anyway...Just clowning around:D

Of course...certain groups may represent "life areas" that are not my favorite choice for my vacation $$.

Say for instance, you grew up with a phobia re "clowns" :eek:

Can you imagine everywhere you looked on board...there's no escaping the maniacal smiles of flappy-footed, scary dudes/dudesses that undue all those hours of therapy?:rolleyes:

Anyway, this absolutely is helpful info...!

And please... This has nothing to do with PC over-sensitivity.

Anyway...Just clowning around:D

Love your sense of humor, Mike:D

I always google my cruises and groups and once have cancelled as a result...

Also, Often venues may be closed for private functions- only available for the groups. This can be annoying.

Al

Edited by albether7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NCL Jade- wondering if there is a large group on the 14 night 9/11/17 sailing. Availability went from quite open to sold out overnight a couple weeks ago. Seems strange but PCC says it's just oversold so taken off website. All 2017 Norway, Iceland and UK 14 & 15 night sailings removed from NCL website about the same time. A couple of the sailings were limited availability prior to showing sold out but I know the 9/11 sailing was wide open.

• 2 weeks later...
So I think I've caught up with all the updates but if I missed one, please let me know. And keep them coming, it's a great resource to have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3G47qwvV5Q1KJMJFLXGOA4uCpEcqNP_PU8zN6x0fIs/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for creating this spreadsheet. This is great info.

I am looking for help trying to find out if there is some type of group on the Sun for the May 29, 2017 round trip from Vancouver. It was a sold out cruise several weeks ago and is no longer on the website. I tried Google and contacting ncl but no luck, and I just have that gut feeling that some sort of large group booked it, especially since ov and insides were gone 2 months ago. Final payment is next month and I just want to be informed. Any other search ideas?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

ok----I am on the Pearl for the NY cruise & didn't know (until know) that it is a Kosher cruise.

What does that mean to me? Will they still have the regular menu or will it be changed to a "Kosher" menu? Will any activities be restricted?

I booked this cruise because I just didn't want to spend NYE alone & I travel solo. I do know of a friend who is also on this cruise, so will know someone!

How did this cruise turn out?

We considered going on this with some friends, but worried about just which group this might be.

(Not all Kosher groups are disruptive, obviously. But there is that one group... We aren't even sure if they use Kosherica or organize on their own for separate cruises/trips.)

We ended up spending a week in Barbados instead.

On a holiday cruise last year, that water looked so inviting - the perfect crystal clear turquoise water... We were not disappointed!

:)

We considered going on this with some friends, but worried about just which group this might be.

It turned out to be fine. There were obviously more Jewish people on board than I have ever noticed before (yamakas are a give away!). One section of the MDR was set aside for them, but other than that, no real disruptions.

One thing I did think was a little odd. On both Sabbaths(Friday night to Saturday night) one of the elevators was set aside & manned by a crew member who kept all of the buttons pushed. Evidently, they can't push the elevator buttons on the Sabbath (but they can let someone else do it for them?)

It turned out to be fine. There were obviously more Jewish people on board than I have ever noticed before (yamakas are a give away!). One section of the MDR was set aside for them, but other than that, no real disruptions.

One thing I did think was a little odd. On both Sabbaths(Friday night to Saturday night) one of the elevators was set aside & manned by a crew member who kept all of the buttons pushed. Evidently, they can't push the elevator buttons on the Sabbath (but they can let someone else do it for them?)

Thanks very much!

It's very good to know that not all of the Kosher cruises are sort of taken over by one troublesome group.

(Trick is, to know which are, which aren't.)

Yes, the observant cannot push buttons, or do other "work" on the Sabbath.

But also yes, it's okay in some cases to have others do it, or have other workarounds.

But for some activities, "just being involved in doing it" is prohibited.

(We aren't at all observant, but my great-grandparents/grandparents/great-aunts/uncles, etc., were strictly observant. We only visited once or twice a year, and I was too little to understand all of the specifics.)

As promised earlier this week, the latest and greatest version. As always, if you hear about a charter, please post and I'll update the spreadsheets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNUASjtcUQYYXVQNDRqZXRyVDQ/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for a great thread and for taking the time to keep it updated. I'm breathing a sigh of relief as we have just escaped a group on Spirit in May.

Can you add these two please. They seem to have slipped through the net.

Thanks again.

Hi, here are two more group cruises that I found for 2017:

NCL Spirit 4/23/17 to 5/4/17 Grand Med

Best Single Travel singles cruise

And

NCL Getaway 7/16/17 to 7/30/17 Iceland Scotland 14 day cruise

Roundtrip Hamburg

(same singles cruise)