Overview of 2/19-2/26 Silhouette

keesar

Here is a brief summary of our cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. We cruised in Aqua Class.

Superlatives

-Staff was profession, caring, and showed high energy.

-Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis was a riot. What a sense of humor-- and he was very visible.

-Our meals in Murano were over the top in terms of food and service

-Fresh squeezed orange juice is back in Blu

- Ship was spotless.

-Our cabin attendant in Aqua did everything he could do to make our experience a memorable one

-Many activities during the day from an amazing Activities Staff. One of the best.

-The Tenors of Rock truly rocked the house. Should not be missed if they are on your cruise. Musical groups were very good from head to toe.

-Silent Disco is a great addition. 3 choices of music in your headphones.

-The ice cream and desserts were outstanding.

Room for Improvement

-Production shows did not capitalize on all the talent of the singers and dancers. The staff was quite talented. For the first two shows, many people left scratching their heads. The audience seemed to like the third show, Life, which was more like the previous product.

-We did not care for the menu changes in the Tuscan Grill. The food was good but no "wow" factor like before in my opinion. Several of our favorites were no longer available.

-It appears that "Beyond the Podium" has disappeared. No speakers once again.

All in all, it was a great cruise on the Silhouette. We had a wonderful time.

We were on the cruise also. It was far superior to the Silhouette cruise we had Thanksgiving in most all areas...food, service, entertainment and activities. MDR food was very good and did not have anything that was not good. Murano and LCG also great. We did enjoy the new menu in Tuscan and it seemed like Qsine in that they continued to bring plates of food and by the time the main course arrived we were almost full.

Thanks for the review. We were in Silhouette in late January and agree with your comments. We also did not have "Beyond the Podium" lectures but I am not sure these are offered on a standard caribbean cruise- just specialty itineraries like Panama Canal for example where we had them daily on Infinity last year.

Was on the cruise in Aqua too. It was a great cruise will add the Lawn Cub was outstanding!!! The staff was over the top in being helpful. Everyone on the ship seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves even when we had to miss the stop to Grand Cayman. I am sure later we will hear that people were in jeans on chic night and they were. But everyone seemed to be having a great time and I loved the vibe on the ship, The best thing on the ship was silent disco!!!

Thanks for the review. We were in Silhouette in late January and agree with your comments. We also did not have "Beyond the Podium" lectures but I am not sure these are offered on a standard caribbean cruise- just specialty itineraries like Panama Canal for example where we had them daily on Infinity last year.

@OP Thank you for the review.

Wondering if they will have Beyond the Podium speakers for the British Isles. Had idea that these were usually on sea days only?

Was on the cruise in Aqua too. It was a great cruise will add the Lawn Cub was outstanding!!! The staff was over the top in being helpful. Everyone on the ship seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves even when we had to miss the stop to Grand Cayman. I am sure later we will hear that people were in jeans on chic night and they were. But everyone seemed to be having a great time and I loved the vibe on the ship, The best thing on the ship was silent disco!!!

Jeans are listed as appropriate for evening chic. So if there are complaints about that - those folks are complaining just to complain. Besides why do you care what someone else wears? It doesn't ruin your personal cruise experience.

I was also there - had a great time! I'll post my thoughts in another Mini review later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Silent Disco was hysterical to watch. And I would rather see the jeans in the dining room than what my eyes endured at the pool.

Pool-wear runs the gamut, that's for sure. I'm sure you had to "endure" anything outrageous tho, it was no better/worse than what you'd see at the beach.

In missing Grand Cayman, did they just spend the time at sea, or head to the next port earlier? I know when this happens the port fees and shore excursions are refunded. Did they give you any onboard credit (not that I certainly expect any as we can't control the weather)? Thanks for the posts.

In missing Grand Cayman, did they just spend the time at sea, or head to the next port earlier? I know when this happens the port fees and shore excursions are refunded. Did they give you any onboard credit (not that I certainly expect any as we can't control the weather)? Thanks for the posts.

We moved on to the next port, Jamaica, at a snails pace and got there early the next morning. We received a credit of $26 each in port fees. Those booking with them were offered refunds. Missing the port was in everyone's best interests as we could see the waves crashing on shore.

We moved on to the next port, Jamaica, at a snails pace and got there early the next morning. We received a credit of $26 each in port fees. Those booking with them were offered refunds. Missing the port was in everyone's best interests as we could see the waves crashing on shore.

It was crazy!! I was 50/50 on missing the stop - but the weather was beautiful- so a sean day was just fine with me. Kudos to Celebrity for rearranging the schedules so quickly and making sure vacations moved right along

A nice touch was when we were leaving the ship and having the SeaPass card scanned for the last time, the Activities Manager, Patrick, was there thanking all and saying "bye". Then, as we entered the Customs Building, Cruise Director Sara was there saying "good bye" and thanking us.

Also, there were so many people participating in events and dancing, I did not think I was on a Celebrity ship. That may be attributed to the high energy staff and the fun people on board last week.

Pool-wear runs the gamut, that's for sure. I'm not sure you had to "endure" anything outrageous tho, it was no better/worse than what you'd see at the beach.

Edited to read "I'm NOT sure" - because I can't figure out how to edit my posts ol

A nice touch was when we were leaving the ship and having the SeaPass card scanned for the last time, the Activities Manager, Patrick, was there thanking all and saying "bye". Then, as we entered the Customs Building, Cruise Director Sara was there saying "good bye" and thanking us.

Also, there were so many people participating in events and dancing, I did not think I was on a Celebrity ship. That may be attributed to the high energy staff and the fun people on board last week.

Yes this was the case for our Silhouette cruise late January when we left the ship. Sara Romero was in the Customs/baggage area wishing us all well. Above and beyond. She really is a wonderful cruise director!

Here is a brief summary of our cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. We cruised in Aqua Class.

Superlatives

-Staff was profession, caring, and showed high energy.

-Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis was a riot. What a sense of humor-- and he was very visible.

-Our meals in Murano were over the top in terms of food and service

-Fresh squeezed orange juice is back in Blu

- Ship was spotless.

-Our cabin attendant in Aqua did everything he could do to make our experience a memorable one

-Many activities during the day from an amazing Activities Staff. One of the best.

-The Tenors of Rock truly rocked the house. Should not be missed if they are on your cruise. Musical groups were very good from head to toe.

-Silent Disco is a great addition. 3 choices of music in your headphones.

-The ice cream and desserts were outstanding.

Room for Improvement

-Production shows did not capitalize on all the talent of the singers and dancers. The staff was quite talented. For the first two shows, many people left scratching their heads. The audience seemed to like the third show, Life, which was more like the previous product.

-We did not care for the menu changes in the Tuscan Grill. The food was good but no "wow" factor like before in my opinion. Several of our favorites were no longer available.

-It appears that "Beyond the Podium" has disappeared. No speakers once again.

All in all, it was a great cruise on the Silhouette. We had a wonderful time.

Did you have a certain lounge area to wait in, for disembarkation.

Did you have a certain lounge area to wait in, for disembarkation.

We were assigned to Qsine on Deck 5. There was coffee, tea, and pastries for us around the corner in the Tuscan Grill.