No Hors d'ourves for C&A Events

coffeebean

Just off the Explorer and was disappointed to find Hors d'ourves are no longer served in the Diamond Lounge (card room on Explorer). There was no specialty coffee maker in the Diamond Lounge which I was looking forward to. DH and I were on Enchantment last month and her Diamond Lounge has a specialty coffee maker. I was enjoying a latte or two every day in the Enchantment Diamond Lounge.

I was also disappointed to find Hors d'ourves were not served at the C&A and Top Tier Events. Prior to this sailing, I always felt appreciated by Royal Caribbean for our loyalty when we attended the C&A events. Not this time. Is this a fleet wide change?

Edited by coffeebean

I thought Explorer did not have a "Diamond Lounge" but just a "Diamond Event". When I was last on a ship with only a Diamond Event though they allowed us to order drinks same as any Diamond Lounge and they had a constant selection of excellent finger foods being brought out by wait staff, better than I've actually in Diamond Lounges. So maybe it depends on the ship how they want to run it?

I thought Explorer did not have a "Diamond Lounge" but just a "Diamond Event". When I was last on a ship with only a Diamond Event though they allowed us to order drinks same as any Diamond Lounge and they had a constant selection of excellent finger foods being brought out by wait staff, better than I've actually in Diamond Lounges. So maybe it depends on the ship how they want to run it?

You are correct, there is no dedicated DL on Explorer yet.

Just off the Explorer and was disappointed to find Hors d'ourves are no longer served in the Diamond Lounge (card room on Explorer). There was no specialty coffee maker in the Diamond Lounge which I was looking forward to....

I'm sorry you were disappointed. As stated, where you were is not a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Explorer is one of the few ships in the fleet to not have one, but that will change with her refurb. As far as snackies, on our upper tier C&A party on Explorer it was held in the theater with no snacks. Not sure what to tell you...

We were on the explorer the end of january and went to the diamond event. correct that there were no finger foods. i was also told we could not bring anything to snack on either. My friends and i were going to order cheese and crackers from room service and take them with us but were told no

Just off the Explorer and was disappointed to find Hors d'ourves are no longer served in the Diamond Lounge (card room on Explorer). There was no specialty coffee maker in the Diamond Lounge which I was looking forward to. DH and I were on Enchantment last month and her Diamond Lounge has a specialty coffee maker. I was enjoying a latte or two every day in the Enchantment Diamond Lounge.

I was also disappointed to find Hors d'ourves were not served at the C&A and Top Tier Events. Prior to this sailing, I always felt appreciated by Royal Caribbean for our loyalty when we attended the C&A events. Not this time. Is this a fleet wide change?

maybe the machine was being serviced or replaced.

as for nibblies.

on NAV we had a full on buffet lunch as the top tier event. It was served in Chops and contained something from every specialty restaurant ( the guac from Sabor was waaayyyy too spicy)

and there was always food for cocktail hour in the Lounges.

is the card room the REAL lounge or just an overflow section?

Explorer has never served any food (except for the snack mix you can get in the VCL) in the Diamond Event held in the card room, nor has there ever been a coffee maker for D's. The only place hors d'ourves are served during happy hour is in the CL where there is also a specialty coffee machine.

Edited by BND

Jewel & Explorer are the the 2 remaining ships without a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Well Majesty too, but she is leaving the fleet.

Speaking of MJ, we are just home from a B2B. Their C&A D, D+ and P event nightly in the Viking Crown lounge served wings, chicken fingers, egg rolls, cheese sticks, etc.

We had a great 7 days on the old girl, and the staff and crew once again made us feel at home on Majesty. Her time is running out. We'll be there for the final two.

Rick and Deirdra

......is the card room the REAL lounge or just an overflow section?

The card room on Explorer was the only lounge for the C&A members who did not have a gold colored Seapass card. We are Diamond so I'm not sure if Diamond Plus members had a gold colored card.

Those members holding a gold colored Seapass Card were invited to use the lounge which is located in the Viking Crown. They had Hors d'ourves every evening.

Speaking of MJ, we are just home from a B2B. Their C&A D, D+ and P event nightly in the Viking Crown lounge served wings, chicken fingers, egg rolls, cheese sticks, etc.

We had a great 7 days on the old girl, and the staff and crew once again made us feel at home on Majesty. Her time is running out. We'll be there for the final two.

Rick and Deirdra

When I was on the Majesty in November, it was indeed held in the VCL. Went every night for my mojitos.

Edited by Topo Gigio

The card room on Explorer was the only lounge for the C&A members who did not have a gold colored Seapass card. We are Diamond so I'm not sure if Diamond Plus members had a gold colored card.

Those members holding a gold colored Seapass Card were invited to use the lounge which is located in the Viking Crown. They had Hors d'ourves every evening.

When we were on Explorer, they hosted 3 lounges every evening:

19th hole in Viking Crown: Gold cards (Full suites and Pinnacle C&A level)

Card/game rooms in Viking Crown: Diamond and above C&A level.

Concierge Lounge: Full suites and Diamond Plus and above C&A level.

When we were on Explorer, they hosted 3 lounges every evening:

19th hole in Viking Crown: Gold cards (Full suites and Pinnacle C&A level)

Card/game rooms in Viking Crown: Diamond and above C&A level.

Concierge Lounge: Full suites and Diamond Plus and above C&A level.

Yes, it was the same for our sailing on Explorer last week. I know the 19th hole had hors d'ourves every evening, the card room did not but don't know about the concierge lounge.

I was most disappointed to see there were no hors d'ourves at the top tier event which was held in the lounge on deck 5, forward of the promenade. I can recall having buffets of hors d'ourves including deserts and fruit on previous cruises on Voyager class ships. I was just wondering why Explorer had none of that.

Edited by coffeebean

Yes, it was the same for our sailing on Explorer last week. I know the 19th hole had hors d'ourves every evening, the card room did not but don't know about the concierge lounge.

I was most disappointed to see there were no hors d'ourves at the top tier event which was held in the lounge on deck 5, forward of the promenade. I can recall having buffets of hors d'ourves including deserts and fruit on previous cruises on Voyager class ships. I was just wondering why Explorer had none of that.

There were hors d'ourves in the CL on the EX sailing that ended Thursday