Iron on Vision

I know that it's policy to not bring a travel iron on board, but will Vision lend you an iron for a short period to iron your clothes? Or do you have to use their pressing service? Is that your only option? I know that on NCL they'll let you borrow the iron for an hour. I'll be leaving for the Baltics cruise on May 10th and can't wait. I appreciate any feedback from past cruisers on Vision on what I can expect. Thanks!

I know that it's policy to not bring a travel iron on board, but will Vision lend you an iron for a short period to iron your clothes? Or do you have to use their pressing service? Is that your only option? I know that on NCL they'll let you borrow the iron for an hour. I'll be leaving for the Baltics cruise on May 10th and can't wait. I appreciate any feedback from past cruisers on Vision on what I can expect. Thanks!

No irons are available for guest use.

Options: pressing service, Downy Wrinkle Releaser, steam from the bathroom shower, pack clothing in plastic bags.

Edited by clarea

Someone was on the board about a week ago saying they got their steam iron through. May have been a fluke as others say they get taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's probably the same odds as liquor. Maybe sometimes they get through and sometimes not. I'll just stick with the onboard services. It's frustrating though since other cruise lines offer ways to press your clothes. It's not only the cost, but the time waiting for the clothes to be returned. We were on Allue last year and had several pieces pressed but had to wait two days for them to be returned.

Someone was on the board about a week ago saying they got their steam iron through. May have been a fluke as others say they get taken.

Bad advice since the exception does not disprove the rule. Why risk having it taken away or having to waste your time waiting in line at the naughty room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WHAT...their "steam iron" or a clothes steamer...big difference :confused::eek:

• 1 month later...
I'm getting ready for my cruise and the below link doesn't mention a clothes steamer as a "What Not To Pack" item (unless I missed it somewhere)...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

Inconsistent on their webpage....so unlike them.

You have to look on the Prohibited Items page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

I'm getting ready for my cruise and the below link doesn't mention a clothes steamer as a "What Not To Pack" item (unless I missed it somewhere)... ...

Another thing we've used with good results is Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

Ok so I actually have a travel size of the downy wrinkle release spray. How do you use it properly? I must do something wrong because all I get is good smelling wrinkles😊

Spray until slightly damp, pull the fabric to smooth out the wrinkles, hang it up.

Ok so I actually have a travel size of the downy wrinkle release spray. How do you use it properly? I must do something wrong because all I get is good smelling wrinkles

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Too funny! But at least it beats just plain wrinkles. ;)

Spray until slightly damp, pull the fabric to smooth out the wrinkles, hang it up.

If you haven't already, Bob, I think you need to write a book of all the right answers......:)

Too funny! But at least it beats just plain wrinkles. ;)

If you haven't already, Bob, I think you need to write a book of all the right answers......:)

No. Then he'd be on book tour and wouldn't be here when needed,,,

If you have a hair straightener, it can be used for some light ironing. Just make sure it's clean. If the plates are covered with product residue, you could end up with worse problems than a few wrinkles.