Limo Service Rome airport to Civitavecchia

josper

Would appreciate the name of a reliable limo service from Rome airport to Civitavecchia we can book in advance- Thanks

We've used and are about to again ...

AIM Limo Rome ... offers car and van service and quite well priced.

http://www.italy-inlimos.com

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Apparently the taxi unions have tight control over this route to the cruise terminal. Group vans seem to work best from prior threads on this topic if you are looking for the less expensive option. Otherwise, the prices do not really reflect the distance traveled.

Edited by OlsSalt

Roma Shuttle provides a shared shuttle service at a reasonable cost. I've used them twice and my parents have as well -- no issues.

Be sure to use the "real" Roma Shuttle. There are a ton of shuttle services with soundalike names and some are better & more reliable than others.

Regarding the comment on taxi cost, keep in mind it's a fair distance (about an hour driving) from FCO to the port; taxis are likely to charge you for the roundtrip as they are unlikely to pick up a fare from Civi at the time when passengers are arriving. If you have even two people, it's still likely no more expensive than paying for the cruise ship transfer.

Last October we used Bob's Limo for our transfer from the Rome airport to a hotel in Civi. I booked a shared van for our transportation and when we arrived at the airport they picked us up in a nice Mercedes limo at no additional cost to us. Apparently we were the only couple needing a transfer and the shuttle bus was not necessary. The advertised cost of the Mercedes limo was twice that of the shared shuttle van.

I see the going rate for airport to port by private taxi is $150 for two people, with only one large piece of luggage each, during regular hours. Additional fees for more luggage and non-regular hours.

What is HAL charging these days for the airport to port transfer? I remember it seemed very high, which is why there have been many threads about alternatives.

There were even attempt to go into Rome by train from the airport and then come back to Civitavecchia by metro as I recall, which required a bit of a luggage haul or a stay in a Civitavecchia hotel that provided shuttle service. Which sometimes actually comes out cheaper than for a single cab fare alone.

Been a while since I have been here so I am now well out of the loop. But at one time I spent a lot of time also looking at alternatives. Think we finally decided to use HAL.

Edited by OlsSalt

We will "third" the Romecabs recommendation. This will get you a chauffeur driven private vehicle (not normally a real Limo) and your driver will meet you at the designated meeting point. A couple will pay about 130€ for the service...but the price per person drops if you can get another 1 or 2 couples.

Hank

We used a Rick Steves recommendation, airportshuttle.it and they were very reasonable, on time, good service right to the cruise terminal., used them twice It was a shared van. I made the reservation online and prepaid for it, tipped the driver extra which he was very grateful for, but he really deserved it. Print out your reservation if you can, that way you can show it people in the airport if you should need to, but they should be right there outside of baggage claim. m--

RomeCabs is the best by far. They have all the necessary permits to take you right to the ship, not the shuttle bus at the port. I have used them numerous times in various locations including airport to Civitivecchia and back. Clean late model vehicles, English speaking drivers, and always spot on time. Worth the money.:D

Take airport shuttle into Termini train station and take train to the port, takes a little over an hour from Termini to port. This will save you over $100 and be an adventure. We did it 2 years ago and got on the wrong train and ended up in Milan! It's Italy, enjoy the drama.

RomeCabs is the best by far. They have all the necessary permits to take you right to the ship, not the shuttle bus at the port. I have used them numerous times in various locations including airport to Civitivecchia and back. Clean late model vehicles, English speaking drivers, and always spot on time. Worth the money.:D

Almost every limo or shuttle service from Rome that I have read about will drop you at the ship.

Take airport shuttle into Termini train station and take train to the port, takes a little over an hour from Termini to port. This will save you over $100 and be an adventure. We did it 2 years ago and got on the wrong train and ended up in Milan! It's Italy, enjoy the drama.

Thank you for your report. That was the option I remember that was put on the table in prior discussions. Minus the "detour" to Milan.

(Really? You ended up in Milan or the wrong train ultimately ended up in Milan. Assuming you would have figured this out after hour three with no sight of water, port or ship?)

Haven't heard of any of the commonly recommended (on the Italy board) that can't go direct to the ship. Rome in Limo does all the time.

My point exactly. Do your homework and ask the right questions of your company of choice