MDR - Mix and Match?

Simple question. I'm new, forgive me.

I've seen some menus online to get a feel for what's offered. I'm curious though, can you mix & match things like sides?

For example if you get the steak, but a different option has garlic mashed potatoes, can you substitute the potatoes in for the normal vegetables?

I'd assume so, but *shrug*.

Also, if a dish comes with something you'd rather not have, like mushrooms, can you order it without? I imagine they'd get pretty overwhelmed if everyone was making 'custom' orders.

Absolutely, plus you can order more than one appetizer if you want. You can also order more than one entree, but I don't think that's necessary. Appetizers include lots of choices. Also found if you want extra veggies with your entree easy to do. Talk to your waiter - they bend over backwards to customize your meal!

Great, sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the answers!

I'm not a potato fan so on occasions I will order Mac and Cheese from the kids menu.

Is it the boxed Kraft variety, or more of a "from scratch" variety?

Mac and cheese can make a great side sometimes!

Great, sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the answers!

Kid's menu also has an excellent dessert called Mini Brownie Madness. Better than many desserts on the regular menu.

Great, sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the answers!

It doesn't look like Kraft. I believe it's what you would get on any buffet. Nothing fancy or gourmet but IMO just good. My wife calls it yellow death. I also agree with Bobs comment about the desserts from the kids menu. We don't have kids so I have to request a kids menu.

Kid's menu also has an excellent dessert called Mini Brownie Madness. Better than many desserts on the regular menu.

And the chicken noodle soup is better than the soups on the main menu.

Our waiter happily brought us a plate of steamed vegetables to share every night, as we found the normal mains didn't have enough green stuff for us - wasn't a problem at all.

I order two or three salads off the "starters" menu. :)

Agree.

On our last cruise on Explorer, we asked our waiter what food he gets to eat every night. After telling us about his Indian food, he offered to bring us samples of what he gets for dinner. From there on, we had 3 plates of different Indian meals bought to our table of 9 every night of our 12 night cruise. And that was on top of our normal 3 course meal!😍

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

You've mentioned this dessert before Bob so I followed your recommendation and had it on my last cruise - yummy!

You've mentioned this dessert before Bob so I followed your recommendation and had it on my last cruise - yummy!

Glad you liked it. It's a reliable fallback choice when nothing strikes our fancy on the regular dessert menu.

Simple question. I'm new, forgive me.

I've seen some menus online to get a feel for what's offered. I'm curious though, can you mix & match things like sides?

For example if you get the steak, but a different option has garlic mashed potatoes, can you substitute the potatoes in for the normal vegetables?

I'd assume so, but *shrug*.

Also, if a dish comes with something you'd rather not have, like mushrooms, can you order it without? I imagine they'd get pretty overwhelmed if everyone was making 'custom' orders.

Many times, they give you a separate dish of your request in addition to what's on the set plate. My DW is somewhat diabetic and asks for more vegetables than the carbs and sure enough she gest a separate dish of the available vegetable.

DW always gets plain iceberg lettuce as a salad (asks for small and these keep getting bigger later in cruise), french fries and no sauce (or mushrooms) on meat. Sometimes fries come in separate bowl and the standard potato is on the dinner plate, sometimes fries on main plate. Waiters and kitchen staff are amazing. And if you want extra mushrooms or two orders of something that is no problem at all.

Ordered it and as you expressed many times it's better than anything on the menu. By the way it also applies to fast foods like Outback, Olive Garden, etc. For instance, a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream at Outback is $2.29 with rich chocolate sauce. Their chocolate thunder from down under which has the brownie is almost $8.