Canada Air long haul

silkismom

Can anyone tell me how business class is on Canada Air, we will be flying from NRT (Tokyo) to Denver, matrix fare search has been listing them as the best price lately. I think it is a 787 changing in either Vancouver or Calgary. Would like to do UA 787 nonstop to DEN, but its several thousand more.

lookitupyourself I just keep getting "can not be found" with AOL

I think you missed the "sarcasm" with that link :rolleyes:

As far as Air Canada goes, as long as it's their mainline brand and not Rouge (don't worry, Rouge doesn't fly to NRT) then you'll find their quality at or above many of the American carriers. If you do a simple google search on Air Canada reviews you'll generally find them positive.

For more information on the plane, refer to http://www.seatguru.com

And to search flights/options I find either ITA Matrix or Google Flights to be good at seeing exactly what is out there for options.

Thank you Rick & Bruce, that was the information I was looking for, not snarky replies. These days you never know what strange websites are out there.

They all weren't snarky replies. The reason they were there is because there is no such airline as Canada Air, it is Air Canada. If you think that is no big deal because you just had the name reversed, as Flyer Talker was trying to point out, it could be: Air China is the carrier for the People's Republic of China and China Air is the carrier for the Republic of China, aka Taiwan. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Thank you Rick & Bruce, that was the information I was looking for, not snarky replies. These days you never know what strange websites are out there.

It's also not a snarky response because you never said what dates you were looking to travel on.

Airfare is easily priced up in less than a minute online nowadays so why not look it up yourself??

It's also not a snarky response because you never said what dates you were looking to travel on.

Airfare is easily priced up in less than a minute online nowadays so why not look it up yourself??

I don't see where OP asked for airfare prices?

Imho AirCanada is way better than AA, DL and UA and would choose it over any of those 3, having had to fly them for work.

Terry

I would agree Air Canada is much better especially in the front cabin.

Also of note, is as you are making an international connection in Vancouver or Calgary, follow the signs for US Connections, that will bypass Canada customers and immigration. Your bags will automatically be transferred and you will clear US customers and immigration in Vancouver or Calgary. I would give Vancouver the edge over Calgary but both are fine.

I am a Canadian and usually heading to Canada so no first hand experience. But Americans who make the connection back to the US report that it is much smother doing it Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto than in many US gateway cities.

I am reading all this with curiosity. Yesterday, I was lucky (I hope) to book two roundtrip fares on Air Canada from IAD to Toronto to Dubai for our Christmas/NYE cruise for a total of $1,364 for two people. I had done much advance research but could not make heads or tails about the carrier's performance.

For us, Air Canada was not only the cheapest but also the fastest, even though we have to taxi to Abu Dhabi for our two pre-cruise nights. The cruise begins and ends in Abu Dhabi after NYE fireworks in Dubai. We may disembark in Dubai. On our 2016 Christmas cruise, the ship overnighted in Buenos Aires but we disembarked after dinner and booked into a cheap hotel. That was a splendid decision: we avoided the craziness of the mass disembarkation and could rest until we had a late breakfast in a neighborhood cafe.

Back to the price. Air Canada sells the same ticket for twice as much, but United, its codeshare partner, discounts heavily. This is news you can use because United seems to undercut many other partners' prices.

Unfortunately we will not be flying any enhanced program but will stay in the economy cabin. If it is a 777 similar to what AA uses from Buenos Aires to DFW, the narrow seats are likely to be uncomfortable and with insufficient leg room (for me). But I'm a cheapskate who rather suffers than pays more.

United gave us no seat assignments. Posts say that's another peculiarity of Air Canada that seats are given at embarkation (is this true?). I'd like to upgrade two economy plus, or whatever AC calls extra legroom.

Edited by barante

For many fares, AC will not allow advance seat selection if you didn't book on their webpage. Suggest you get your AC PNR from UA and see if you can select seats. You can always try calling.

I personally don't care for AC and avoid them, but I've only flown in economy.

You-tube has some great videos of the different AC business class cabins.

United gave us no seat assignments. Posts say that's another peculiarity of Air Canada that seats are given at embarkation (is this true?). I'd like to upgrade two economy plus, or whatever AC calls extra legroom.

Try to access your flights on the AC website (you should have the AC booking number even though you booked elsewhere) and see. EVERY longhaul AC flight I've ever flown I was able to select my seats even booking the lowest category (and yes, even when booked through ChoiceAir). If that doesn't work, call them.

Although it's possible that by booking through United you don't get this opportunity, I'd at least call to confirm.

Try to access your flights on the AC website (you should have the AC booking number even though you booked elsewhere) and see. EVERY longhaul AC flight I've ever flown I was able to select my seats even booking the lowest category (and yes, even when booked through ChoiceAir). If that doesn't work, call them.

Although it's possible that by booking through United you don't get this opportunity, I'd at least call to confirm.

I have a United flight serviced by Air Canada and the booking number is United's number and doesn't work on the AC site. Is there another number somewhere else that I'm missing?

I have a United flight serviced by Air Canada and the booking number is United's number and doesn't work on the AC site. Is there another number somewhere else that I'm missing?

Look in your reservation on line for "Other Booking Numbers" to find the AC booking number. Or, you may need to call them. You need to use the AC number to get your seats.

If you contact United they should be able to provide you with the AC locator number so you can go online on the AC website. We booked an UA flight through AC and were able to get the UA locator from AC so i assume you can do the reverse. Good luck.

You can only do your AC seat selection online if you booked through Air Canada; for codeshare flights, you will have to call them ( with the locator you get from UA).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not true, at least in Business Class. We have no problem selecting our seats, once we had the locator.