Specialty restaurants on the elation?

seaman11

I really want to believe this post. But... a diamond member on another cruise line booking on Carnival and not doing some research?

Veteran cruisers know details about their cruise vacations, do research and then book. Plus, as a diamond member few would settle for being away from the perks Royal offers them.

I've been wrong before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only are we talking about Carnival's oldest class of ships,but Elation has not received even the basic upgrades other ships in its class has received. If you are Diamond on Royal I cannot imagine you being impressed at all by Elation. No specialty dining other than Chef's Table.

Just off Elation, yes the ship is a little dated (going to dry dock in Sep2017) for cabin updates amongst other things. For an old girl I would still give her a solid 8/10. (Veteran cruiser 26 under my belt various lines). Did a 5 nighter service was good, food was good never had trouble with choices in main dining room. Our waitress Damira from Croatia was superb. CD Kevin was such fun. Enjoyed Punchliner comedy club. Had room service breakfast each day. Relaxed in Serenity area, would get there. By 10 and could still find a lounger. Fellow passengers were well behaved and and seemed to be having a blast.

Self assist debarkation was a breeze, Kevin has it so well planned , no pushing and unpleasantness. Each floor moves to forward elevators starting with 4th, were off in no time. I would definitely sail Elation again with no hesitation and after updates it will be even better [emoji74][emoji924]

Just off Elation, yes the ship is a little dated (going to dry dock in Sep2017) for cabin updates amongst other things. For an old girl I would still give her a solid 8/10. (Veteran cruiser 26 under my belt various lines). Did a 5 nighter service was good, food was good never had trouble with choices in main dining room. Our waitress Damira from Croatia was superb. CD Kevin was such fun. Enjoyed Punchliner comedy club. Had room service breakfast each day. Relaxed in Serenity area, would get there. By 10 and could still find a lounger. Fellow passengers were well behaved and and seemed to be having a blast.

Self assist debarkation was a breeze, Kevin has it so well planned , no pushing and unpleasantness. Each floor moves to forward elevators starting with 4th, were off in no time. I would definitely sail Elation again with no hesitation and after updates it will be even better [emoji74][emoji924]

Glad you had a great cruise but the new ships have spoiled me and not going back.

I really want to believe this post. But... a diamond member on another cruise line booking on Carnival and not doing some research?

Veteran cruisers know details about their cruise vacations, do research and then book. Plus, as a diamond member few would settle for being away from the perks Royal offers them.

I've been wrong before.

i had to book quickly to fit my sons schedule. and carnival was the only thing this month that fit date wise, cheap enough price so i pulled the trigger. i also try different lines from time to time , to remind myself i like RCL best. i wont keep my expectations high and if i like it be pleasantly surprised.

thank you , i think some dont consider the cost, ,if carnival costs me $900 for 2pp and another line $1700, you have to understand that it wont be the same level quality wise. ill just enjoy that i got a good deal. if i paid a lot i would have higher expectations, i wont die because there are no specialty restaurants lol.

i had to book quickly to fit my sons schedule. and carnival was the only thing this month that fit date wise, cheap enough price so i pulled the trigger. i also try different lines from time to time , to remind myself i like RCL best. i wont keep my expectations high and if i like it be pleasantly surprised.

Honestly, I haven't sailed RCL, so I can't compare. I really think it's all about managing your expectations. You do get what you pay for. The Fantasy Class ships are smaller without a lot of the "bells and whistles" that you are probably used to on RCL. Having said that, I have loved sailing on them. DH and I sail for the relaxation, not the "excitement" of the cruise ship. There is enough entertainment when we want it, and quiet time on the Serenity deck when we don't. The ships are small and very easy to get around on.

I apologize for the snarky post you're responding to. Unreal.

She's had more of a make over than Paradise. It's got the "palm trees" and thatched covers on Lido as well as Red Frog Pub Bar and Tequilla Bar, Guy's and Cantina. Paradise doesn't have any of that.

Which leads me to an interesting question. Obviously some of the Fantasy class ships have been upgraded. Might someone with significant knowledge on this give a quickie review. There's 8 in the fleet. Most updated/least updated? Features?

Which leads me to an interesting question. Obviously some of the Fantasy class ships have been upgraded. Might someone with significant knowledge on this give a quickie review. There's 8 in the fleet. Most updated/least updated? Features?

Of the 8....

6 have slides on deck 11aft

2 have slides into the Lido pool, these have a pool and two hot tubs on 11aft

4 do not have the balcony retrofit-Inspiration, Imagination, Paradise, Elation. IIRC the other four do.

• 3 weeks later...

In the process of researching for our next cruise. I did learn that although there are no specialty restaurants on the Elation the steakhouse entrees are available to be ordered in the MDR for $20 upcharge. I did this on the Magic and was quite happy with my steak. Hoping the chefs on Elation can do just as well.

She's had more of a make over than Paradise. It's got the "palm trees" and thatched covers on Lido as well as Red Frog Pub Bar and Tequilla Bar, Guy's and Cantina. Paradise doesn't have any of that.

I think this is incorrect. I was on cruisedeckplans.com and must have had the wrong ship on screen. Sorry. Inspiration has those.

Thank you for this review. I am going on 5/6/17 and was worried after seeing other comments. I was so excited about going on a cruise I didn't research ships before I booked. I feel much better. Any cruise is better than no cruise.