Tour bus crash Akaroa

It has been reported that the tourists were from the Celebrity Solstice in Akaroa today.

Scrambling to help the injured in tourist bus crash near Akaroa

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11805608

Tourist bus slides off road near Akaroa

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/89706247/tourist-bus-slides-off-road-near-akaroa

We drove to the hilltop pub on a double decker bus in December. Very steep hills and twisty roads.

Hope they recover soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i did that Double Decker when i went to NZ on the Golden's second cruise to NZ , awesome trip and yes very hilly

I hope they are all ok. Sad when people are injured when they are enjoying a holiday. You just never know do you?

Just announced on midday news..

4 people still in hospital, 2 critical.

Heavy machinery moving this afternoon to retrieve bus which will mean the only access road to Akaroa will blocked again for several hours.

Solstice is in Dunedin today.

We're OK! Thanks for thinking of me, Aussieflyer.

Such a shocking accident. We heard very little onboard other than that 6 passengers were hospitalized overnight. The rest came back onboard around 8:30pm and the ship was two hours late leaving Akaroa. This morning we heard some passengers were being released from hospital and flown to Dunedin to rejoin the ship if they wished. Celebrity seems to be looking after them very well. Two officers stayed ashore overnight and they flew someone down from Auckland to help as well.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post any updates until we reach Hobart on Monday - I'm only using free WiFi on this trip.

We're OK! Thanks for thinking of me, Aussieflyer.Such a shocking accident. We heard very little onboard other than that 6 passengers were hospitalized overnight. The rest came back onboard around 8:30pm and the ship was two hours late leaving Akaroa. This morning we heard some passengers were being released from hospital and flown to Dunedin to rejoin the ship if they wished. Celebrity seems to be looking after them very well. Two officers stayed ashore overnight and they flew someone down from Auckland to help as well.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post any updates until we reach Hobart on Monday - I'm only using free WiFi on this trip.

So glad you are ok!! I actually just posted before yours, asking if anyone had heard from you.......but it disappeared:rolleyes:

Good Celebrity is taking care of those involved.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Glad to hear you are OK OzKiwiJJ. It must put a real dampener on the mood onboard.

Cheznandy, your message probably got caught up in the website problems. I could post OK though when I hit 'submit' I got a blank screen, though it actually had posted if I went back. I couldn't edit anything though.

Glad to hear you are OK OzKiwiJJ. It must put a real dampener on the mood onboard.Cheznandy, your message probably got caught up in the website problems. I could post OK though when I hit 'submit' I got a blank screen, though it actually had posted if I went back. I couldn't edit anything though.

Yes, it is probably out there somewhere!! took ages to go....then nothing:rolleyes:

We're OK! Thanks for thinking of me, Aussieflyer.Such a shocking accident. We heard very little onboard other than that 6 passengers were hospitalized overnight. The rest came back onboard around 8:30pm and the ship was two hours late leaving Akaroa. This morning we heard some passengers were being released from hospital and flown to Dunedin to rejoin the ship if they wished. Celebrity seems to be looking after them very well. Two officers stayed ashore overnight and they flew someone down from Auckland to help as well.

Thank you for your update.

Watched the Solstice sail south past Dunedin this evening.