Cyber sale, every third night free sale

deb1eric

Sometimes yes, sometimes not so much, at least from what I've seen. I think as in most cases, "it depends."

If you like the price, go for it. If price drops before final payment, you can always get your price lowered. You may have to surrender OBC, so do all the math.

Is this a good sale? I priced some cruises and it looks like a sale to me but I haven't been watching prices on Royal to know if these are good or night.

It was not a "good sale" for me, but others have reported savings.

I have been watching a number of cruises for a specific period of time next summer. With this new "sale", the pricing has, in 1/2 the cases, gone up. In the others, the difference is minor. No drop is over $120/pp. One is only $47 less.

Given these are 7-9 day sailings, I'd expect to see more of a savings. In fact, the 9 day sailing went UP in price. Now how is that possible with a sale!?

If you are "saving" money....you overpaid to begin with.

We booked this cruise because it was a trip we wanted to take. We knew we were paying a premium for it since it's over Easter week, plus we booked over a year after it was opened for bookings.

Our savings was significant and a big surprise.

Happy for you that you originally bought your cruises at rock bottom prices and have never needed to take advantage of a price drop 🙄

• 4 months later...

I just went on a cruise with my sister on Royal Caribbean with no deal and an ocean view. I am now pricing the same exact cruise for three people with this 3rd night free " deal and it is $1660 for an interior cabin when my sister and I paid $800. To me it doesn't seem like a deal at all so I am waiting until their sale ends which they just extended another three days this morning😠. And the cabins are selling out. So may not even get on this cruise.

Most of their sales promotions are 25% off or 30% off.

The value of the "Every 3rd night free" discount depends on the length of the cruise.

5 nights = 1 free night = 20% discount

6 nights = 2 free nights = 33% discount (more than usual)

7 nights = 2 free nights = 28.5% discount

9 nights = 3 free nights = 33% discount

But I have noticed that the "base" price (the price that gets discounted) changes before and during the sale. Also, they always seem to have a sale, so is it really a sale? The only difference is when they have a bonus offer for a few days on top of the usual 25-30% discount, such as OBC.