Just for a laugh

wendychloecruiser

Does the crew sleep on the ship?

The pool water is so wavy - is it ocean water?

And a non-cruise kooky question:

The salesperson at the grocery counter had a customer point to the tank of live fish and asked "have these been previously frozen?"

As an avid cruiser (71 and counting), people often ask me about cruising but today I had the best question ever....

"Do the cruise ships ever stop inland?"

It made me wonder if anyone have asked you anything amusing?

In all fairness, on a Panama Canal trip you're inland.

Sometimes people just don't know/understand. It's nice to be able to help them out. :)

We were chatting with some folks who had Anytime Dining. They thought that meant they had to eat dinner in the Buffet.

On an At Sea day a woman ask me how much it cost to have lunch in the MDR.

She and her DH were especially excited when I told them they could also have breakfast in the MDR any morning at no additional cost.

An amazing number of people don't realize they can go to a bar/lounge just for the entertainment without having to order a drink.

LuLu

A friend of mine has a friend who doesn't have a lot of money. Someone gave her a gift of a cruise. The poor woman didn't eat any meals with her friends. After about day 3, someone asked her if she was feeling all right. She said she felt fine, but had brought things to eat so that she wouldn't have to pay for her meals on the cruise. How sad. Needless to say, she did join her friends after that.

This is timeshare related. About the silliest question we ever got about our Disney timeshare. The unit goes for about $700 a night if you rent from Disney. Our friend asked us if it sits empty when we're not there.

On our first cruise - to Alaska. We were out on deck during the stop at Hubbard Glacier - on the port side of the ship. An announcement was made that there were sea lions on an ice floe "at 9 o'clock". So I looked out to our left and there they were.

A lady and her daughter were sitting near us and the mom looked at her watch and told her daughter that didn't do a lot of good - since it was around noon or so.

I thought really fast about how to tell them the directions - 12:00 / bow of the ship - 6:00 / stern - 9:00 / port, etc. I didn't want to hurt her feelings or make her feel dumb but I figured they probably wanted to see the sea lions. She laughed and said thanks - she'd never heard those terms before.

On our last Disney cruise we were sitting in the theater waiting for the start of the nightly performance. Sitting behind us was a mother explaining to her young daughter that the ship is so large because they have multiple "stages" in the back and change them out each night. We just looked at each other and couldn't help ourselves to ask what she meant (thinking she was referring to the riggings)...she was tenacious about them having purpose built stages for each show. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how many folks go on a cruise with no idea of what is included, or where they're going.....they just go "blind"!

It's a dream of mine to be able to call a TA and tell them to book me on a cruise...telling me only what pier to be at and what time. Alas until I have that kind of income (and free time).

It's a dream of mine to be able to call a TA and tell them to book me on a cruise...telling me only what pier to be at and what time. Alas until I have that kind of income (and free time).

Once upon a time that was me :) I had never been on a cruise - didn't know about CC and decided that I was taking my daughter (then 15) and I (older than her) on a cruise. OH what a simpler time in life that was!!!

I had no clue as to different cruise lines, cabin types, loyalty programs. The TA recommended Carnival because of my daughter's age. We had a an aft cabin with a giant picture window. Of course we had no idea of what a balcony cabin was - lol - my one cruise without one.

Now I know better - I cruise on Celebrity, at a minimum with a balcony, excited to soon be Elite BUT that first cruise - with no knowledge of anything - it was special because we had NO expectations.

Overheard in the MDR on the first night. A woman seated nearby asked the assistant waiter , "My doctor is from India. Do you know him?" He thought quickly and replied, "Madam, 65% of all doctors in Canada are from India." When we talked to him, he admitted he had just pulled the number out of thin air, but we all got a good laugh out of that one.

Kathy

As an avid cruiser (71 and counting), people often ask me about cruising but today I had the best question ever....

"Do the cruise ships ever stop inland?"

It made me wonder if anyone have asked you anything amusing?

Technically, I think the answer could be "yes." There are several cruises that go deep into Brazil on the Amazon River and stop at Manaus - which is nearly 1,000 miles inland. So, perhaps, the question was not that far out of line?

Edited by yukongold