Lack of Service at Celebrity

mcrcruiser

Today 11/13 /15 We placed 3 phone calls to Celebrity to find a answer to a rather simple question . The question is when will millennium be in dry dock

Twice we were disconnected & then after finally reaching a voice mail extension left a message early in the day ;however ,no response .:eek:

Seems to me this type of lack of customer service does not help them gain more business:o .Have you had similar experiences?

Today 11/13 /15 We placed 3 phone calls to Celebrity to find a answer to a rather simple question . The question is when will millennium be in dry dock

Twice we were disconnected & then after finally reaching a voice mail extension left a message early in the day ;however ,no response .:eek:

Seems to me this type of lack of customer service does not help them gain more business:o .Have you had similar experiences?

I believe you may not understand that, most likely, the front line people may not have access to this information, other than what may be published.

Is there a particular reason you need this information? I really do not need to know, just rhetorical.

bon voyage...

And maybe the person who answers that particular voice mailbox was off today? Seems a bit unreasonable to expect an immediate reply.

A multibillion dollars company and only one person has the answer to this simple question?? Where I worked, I forwarded my calls if I knew I was going to be off. If I was sick, the person who covered for me had access to my calls. Nothing I handled was confidential and it is a business phone and there should be no personal calls on the machine. It's called customer service.

A multibillion dollars company and only one person has the answer to this simple question?? Where I worked, I forwarded my calls if I knew I was going to be off. If I was sick, the person who covered for me had access to my calls. Nothing I handled was confidential and it is a business phone and there should be no personal calls on the machine. It's called customer service.

And where I work, I can take the day off without worrying about all of that despite being in an environment where our company receives thousands of customer calls per day. The customer service operators are not supposed to transfer calls to me at all but sometimes it happens--either through dialing the wrong extension or they have a wrong number on a list. If I'm out for the day, it waits until I'm back to be addressed. Every workplace is different, and that is the accepted culture of ours.

As someone else already expressed, it would not be unusual for this information to not be available to the average call center worker, not to mention that not all workers are created equal in terms of proficiency or resourcefulness. When I worked at a major hotel brand's national reservation center in college, it was considered a sales job, and I was rated mainly by number of calls converted to actual reservations but never on the quality of customer service I provided to people calling to ask about the particulars of any one hotel. If the answer wasn't in the computer script, then the caller was pretty much out of luck in terms of the call center. We would usually refer them to the hotel or transfer them to whatever number we had at hand but that computer system would have made it extremely easy for me to transfer someone to a hotel in Phoenix when they were calling about Boston, and if the caller got disconnected in the process, I had no record of that or even what number they were calling from so I could call them back and try again. I think expectations are too high for the type of outfit we're dealing with here, and it's a model that is pervasive across many industries in today's corporate environment.

Nope, never.

It looks like you were just unlucky and had a bad experience with Celebrity's phone service.

At least someone who answers the phone at Celebrity does answer this question correctly, as reported here on the previous thread

Celebrity Millennium Drydock Date?

Their customer service seems to be hit or miss, depending on who you get. We generally find the people who answer the Captain's Club line to be very helpful.

I just knew you would be the one to have the answer to this question. :)

I think others have missed the point -- I think the OP was just frustrated with his lack of response and disconnections.

I called Celebrity recently and instead of answering my question, the rep simply hung up on me.....couldn't be bothered. When I called right back, the next rep told me that the other guy was off ... well, transfer the phone call...make your customers feel important! Certainly don't just hang up on them because you don't want to be bothered answering their question.

Thanks cle-guy for your reply . Before I read the answering posts here ,I had done some Google questions & learned that millennium was refurbished in a April 2015 dry dock .

What is now more concerning is the space ratio of 35 which is shown on the link you posted . We know that the lower numbers are indicators of how tight the public areas between people can be . What with the addition of cabins via the Solticising process now Millennium is more like the sardine Carnival Can . When you see Holland America space ratios they are in the 42 to 44 range & Queen Mary is the best at 54

It is most apparent that many cruise lines are packing the pax for additional revenue with a total disregard for passenger comfort :eek:. Those imo who are more considerate of the passenger comfort ,will do very well in the future ;). Big is not always better for not only on the ship ;but ,when disembarking & re embarking in a cruise port :o

You called on a Friday and are upset because you did not get a call returned. Agree with the prior posters.

The folks in the call center have no idea. They can book a cruise for you, and take your money...they are NOT good at answering specific questions....all of their answers are in a booklet....if what you ask isn't in the book...they have no clue.

You called on a Friday and are upset because you did not get a call returned. Agree with the prior posters.

LOL never did get the "courtesy" of a return call .

Some companies have square pegs in round holes with customer service personnel . Obviously those people do not enhance sales but detract from sales

http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule/

Absolutely no mention of the Millie being refurbished in 2016.

I used to use this site to check such matters, and quickly found it to be often wrong, and out of date so quite looking at it.

But I have found the site I posted earlier in this thread to be reliable since they recently implemented the notices, and often the notices indicate specific activities planned for the drydocks.

What is now more concerning is the space ratio of 35 which is shown on the link you posted . We know that the lower numbers are indicators of how tight the public areas between people can be . What with the addition of cabins via the Solticising process now Millennium is more like the sardine Carnival Can . When you see Holland America space ratios they are in the 42 to 44 range & Queen Mary is the best at 54

It is most apparent that many cruise lines are packing the pax for additional revenue with a total disregard for passenger comfort :eek:. Those imo who are more considerate of the passenger comfort ,will do very well in the future ;). Big is not always better for not only on the ship ;but ,when disembarking & re embarking in a cruise port :o

I personally question those space ratios quoted on that site - Cruise Deck Plans. Their numbers do not compute with what is published by Celebrity.

Celebrity

Tonnage 90,940 - Capacity - 2,170 - Space ratio = 41.9

Cruise Deck Plans

Tonnage 90,280 - Capacity - 2,556 - Space ratio = 35.3

No way is the M-Class space ratio 35.3!!!

Edited by gimletgal

Thanks cle-guy for your reply . Before I read the answering posts here ,I had done some Google questions & learned that millennium was refurbished in a April 2015 dry dock .

It is most apparent that many cruise lines are packing the pax for additional revenue with a total disregard for passenger comfort :eek:. Those imo who are more considerate of the passenger comfort ,will do very well in the future ;). Big is not always better for not only on the ship ;but ,wh

en disembarking & re embarking in a cruise port :o

I don't know about the space ratios but have sailed on the Infinity several times, once since they have added the extra aqua class cabins on deck 11. I have never felt crowded on this ship, which is a sister to the Millie. Quite the contrary, I have always loved sailing on her .... and since the refurb, not any less. I agree....bigger isn't always better but this was as near perfect as it gets ... at least for me.

I personally question those space ratios quoted on that site - Cruise Deck Plans. Their numbers do not compute with what is published by Celebrity.

Celebrity

Tonnage 90,940 - Capacity - 2,170 - Space ratio = 41.9

Cruise Deck Plans

Tonnage 90,280 - Capacity - 2,556 - Space ratio = 35.3

No way is the M-Class space ratio 35.3!!!

Yes the 41.9 is a far better space ratio:D .The ship before adding cabins was about 1990 pax

I don't know about the space ratios but have sailed on the Infinity several times, once since they have added the extra aqua class cabins on deck 11. I have never felt crowded on this ship, which is a sister to the Millie. Quite the contrary, I have always loved sailing on her .... and since the refurb, not any less. I agree....bigger isn't always better but this was as near perfect as it gets ... at least for me.

Although we sailed 5 times on Millie prior to the Solticizing ,we trust & looking forward to once again walk her decks in Alaskan waters next May 2016:D

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Celebrity Millennium is scheduled to be dry docked from April 26, 2016 - May 12, 2016.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Celebrity Millennium is scheduled to be dry docked from April 26, 2016 - May 12, 2016.

Is this just for regular maintenance or are any changed being made to her? :)

Thanks Celebrity Cruises .My wife & I appreciate that news .so we are doing the May 12 ,2016 cruise from Canada Place in Vancouver to Seward .

Are we correct that Millenium will be finished & ready to sail to Seward on May 12 ,2016?

Thanks again & thanks in advance for your next reply