prices dropped REFUND???

Only get a reduction in price of you booked Early Saver after final payment. Need to fill in the form if this is the case.

Might be able to do an upgrade. Call Carnival or whomever you booked thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

I purchashed a cruise 7/12/16 on carnival.it has gone down about $300.OO for both of us.should I call carnival or will they automatically refund me $$$.thanks:)

Call them.

No - Carnival will not automatically give you a refund.

The prices you are seeing are lower as they want to get the ship filled before you sail in 7 days.

If you booked through a TA, have that person call and see what Carnival will do for you -- maybe an upgrade -- maybe shipboard credit. If you booked through Carnival, then you have to call.

I purchashed a cruise 7/12/16 on carnival.it has gone down about $300.OO for both of us.should I call carnival or will they automatically refund me $$$.thanks:)

Are you sure it does not state that it applies to NEW bookings only?

Do you go back to stores when you bought something and the price goes down six in the future? If so do they give you the difference?

Are you sure it does not state that it applies to NEW bookings only?

Do you go back to stores when you bought something and the price goes down six in the future? If so do they give you the difference?

I am not sure what you meant by "the price goes down six in the future". But I have gone back to a store after purchasing something and later the price goes down. Several stores offer this option for a certain time period. We purchased a TV from Best Buy on sale. The next week it was being offered for an even lower sale price. I went into the store and they checked my receipt and the current price and immediately gave me the refund.

I am not sure what you meant by "the price goes down six in the future". But I have gone back to a store after purchasing something and later the price goes down. Several stores offer this option for a certain time period. We purchased a TV from Best Buy on sale. The next week it was being offered for an even lower sale price. I went into the store and they checked my receipt and the current price and immediately gave me the refund.

But cruise lines, if not totally booked, lower the price on the few remaining cabins to fill the ship. Everyone on the ship isn't going to be refunded.

Generally cruise lines will not do anything this close to sailing--just one week away. That's the risk all of us take when booking cruises. Sometimes the prices go down and you're out of luck. Some people recommend not looking at prices after the final payment date. It doesn't hurt to ask, though. Occasionally someone will report getting a refund or an on-board credit. If you booked through a travel agent, then have him or her check for you. If you booked directly if Carnival, give them a call.

You can usually get a price cut when the price goes down BEFORE final payment. After final payment, most sales are for new bookings only. In order to get the reduced rate, you would have to cancel your existing booking and book again. At this time (1 week before sailing), you would not get any refund for the cancelled cruise. This is not going to save you any money

If the cruise was booked under the Carnival "early saver" rate, if the price drops on the same cabin you are booked anytime up to 2 days before sailing, they will apply the price difference as on board credit to your account.

Here's hoping you booked early saver!! :D

But cruise lines, if not totally booked, lower the price on the few remaining cabins to fill the ship. Everyone on the ship isn't going to be refunded.

I was answering your question about going back to stores and asking for a refund and if they gave it to me.

As far as the cruise lines most don't give you a refund after final payment. I have asked for a refund (really a reduction in the final payment) on many cruises before final payment and received it. I have also booked Carnival's Early Saver rate and have contacted Carnival and have received the difference as OBC on several cruises.

What if you booked cabin with past guest rate? will you get refund?

On Carnival, you can get price reductions for most fare types (including Past Guest) up to the final payment date. If you book using the Early Saver rate, you have price protection up to 2 days prior to sailing. They "refund" these price drops in the form of OBC.