Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

My sister, who is D+, is currently sailing on Enchantment.

She just emailed me this: "Friday when we went up to the Concierge Lounge at five there was a plaque saying that it was for Suite and Pinnacle only, and that D+ was now only allowed to use the Diamond Lounge (which they are now referring to as the 'Diamond Concierge Lounge' "

Is this fleetwide now?

(Sorry if this has been asked-and-answered here; I did search, but did not see this addressed.)

She just emailed me this: "Friday when we went up to the Concierge Lounge at five there was a plaque saying that it was for Suite and Pinnacle only, and that D+ was now only allowed to use the Diamond Lounge (which they are now referring to as the 'Diamond Concierge Lounge' "

Is this fleetwide now?

(Sorry if this has been asked-and-answered here; I did search, but did not see this addressed.)

If that is true it just happened. We were on Enchantment last weekend over Feb 27th and we are D+. We were in the CL every night and were never told we could not be in there. We also did not see any sign.

Is this fleetwide now?

So why don't you email her back since she is on the ship and get her to get an answer and then get back to us

Is this fleetwide now?

Well, it certainly isn't fleetwide, as I am on the Serenade and no such nonsense is happening.

Sometimes ONE ship takes it upon itself to "try" something. My guess would be based on the numbers on your sister's sailing, "someone" decided to try this way of balancing out the crowds.

Yes, it's like this on the Oasis. "We all" expect it to be like this on the Allure after HER refurb.

How fast it will move to some or all of the ships in the fleet is completely out of "our" hands, and there is little point in speculating.

But to answer your original question: No.

It wouldn't be the wrong lounge. There's one CL and one DL. She went to the CL.

I do not get that from the OP. She said she went to the CL and no diamond plus allowed. On this ship, that would be news within itself. Now if this is true, maybe they have designated a diamond lounge elsewhere on the ship, if so, she went to the wrong lounge and needs to find out where the D lounge is.

Doesn't anyone else think this is an awful lot of words to put on a plaque?

Edited by rolloman

I do not get that from the OP. She said she went to the CL and no diamond plus allowed. On this ship, that would be news within itself. Now if this is true, maybe they have designated a diamond lounge elsewhere on the ship, if so, she went to the wrong lounge and needs to find out where the D lounge is.

On the Enchantment, rolloman, the two lounges are right next door to each other. (Tiny set of stairs separate them).

Both were carved out of the area "above" the Viking Crown Lounge, and are accessed THROUGH the VCL.

Edited by Merion_Mom

So why don't you email her back since she is on the ship and get her to get an answer and then get back to us

She asked, and was told that the diamond lounge is just as good as the concierge lounge. I doubt she will get more info on board regarding any changes in policy across the fleet.

What I am asking here is: has anyone else encountered this lately, i.e., is it fleetwide?

I checked the C&A section of the Royal Caribbean website, and it still lists the concierge lounge as a perk for D+.

And maybe take a picture of the sign.

Yes, I did ask her to do that. However, I doubt she misread the plaque.

Haha, Maxwell, the Ides of March ... Et tu, Brute? Too funny. :)

She asked, and was told that the diamond lounge is just as good as the concierge lounge. I doubt she will get more info on board regarding any changes in policy across the fleet.

What I am asking here is: has anyone else encountered this lately, i.e., is it fleetwide?

I checked the C&A section of the Royal Caribbean website, and it still lists the concierge lounge as a perk for D+.

Yes, I did ask her to do that. However, I doubt she misread the plaque.

Haha, Maxwell, the Ides of March ... Et tu, Brute? Too funny. :)

It's still a week away. Your sister is safe.

On the Enchantment, rolloman, the two lounges are right next door to each other. (Tiny set of stairs separate them).

Both were carved out of the area "above" the Viking Crown Lounge, and are accessed THROUGH the VCL.

Thanks, even though I have been on her 7 times I have not sailed with this ship in a year+....my how times change. The CL used to be a beautiful one midship deck 5. Anyways, as long as there is a designated D+ lounge I am cool with that.

Edited by rolloman

Well, it certainly isn't fleetwide, as I am on the Serenade and no such nonsense is happening.

Sometimes ONE ship takes it upon itself to "try" something. My guess would be based on the numbers on your sister's sailing, "someone" decided to try this way of balancing out the crowds.

Yes, it's like this on the Oasis. "We all" expect it to be like this on the Allure after HER refurb.

How fast it will move to some or all of the ships in the fleet is completely out of "our" hands, and there is little point in speculating.

But to answer your original question: No.

Merion Mom, thanks so much for answering my question.

Rolloman, she is D+ and has been going to the concierge lounge for some years now. On Enchantment, she is now being told to go to the diamond lounge.

Re: the plaque, sorry for your confusion. Grammatically you are correct, of course. Insert "she was told that D+ ..." and maybe it will make more sense.

I received my "Welcome to Diamond Plus" packet only a week ago, so it is up to date. It lists the following benefits:

"-Increased Balcony & Suite discounts from $125 to $350 per stateroom.

- Concierge Lounge Access.

- Priority Seating at theater, ice show & AquaTheater events

- Behind the Scene Tours

...and much more!"

However, I was on the Oasis last week and they were limiting the Priority Seating benefit to Pinnacle members and people in suites and, as many other posters have noted, they have a Suite Lounge instead of a Concierge Lounge. That name seems to be nothing more than an excuse to deny the benefit to D+ members. I had access to both lounges because I was in a suite and they are definitely not "equal". The Suite concierge provides many services that are not provided by the Diamond concierge. I think that RCCL may have an unwritten policy of reducing D+ benefits because there are so many more D+ members than there used to be.

Is this fleetwide now?

It would not surprise me to see this done on Vision Class ships.

Thanks, even though I have been on her 7 times I have not sailed with this ship in a year+....my how times change. The CL used to be a beautiful one midship deck 5. Anyways, as long as there is a designated D+ lounge I am cool with that.

It must have been a while...........I first saw this "new" set-up in December 2012.

:)

Sorry that I can't post pictures; I'm on board the Serenade right now. :D

Like I said, we just got off Enchantment and that was not the case. We were allowed in the CL every night as D+ members.

So if this is true, then it was just implemented in the last week as there was no such sign or rule when we were on Enchantment Feb 27th.

Before the CL was relocated to Deck 11 on Enchantment it was located on Deck 8 mid-ship and not Deck 5.

The Diamond Lounge is located on Deck 12, just a few steps up as Carol has posted.

Edited by cruisenfever

Please tell Alan that Lynn & Bill say hello. I wish I had known you were onboard. I would have loved to have met you! Where did you usually sit in the CL?

I believe this is the first report we've seen of this apparently new policy rolling out on any ship other than Oasis. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Dave. I didn't realize it had happened on Oasis as well.

Thank you, Dave. I didn't realize it had happened on Oasis as well.

There is no CL by name on Oasis but its still in the same place and open to d,d+, don't have a clue about some new policy

They have been combining the evening HH for a few years now. Took this around 2 to 3 years ago and have seen it sense.

, nobody was bothered then. Its all about the #'s onboard. Of course now there are the coupons

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256630&d=1357596746

Edited by setsail

I think that RCCL may have an unwritten policy of reducing D+ benefits because there are so many more D+ members than there used to be.

Could be....Not that it wasn't earned, but I'm sure these sorts of programs can only work well for X amount of people...Sorta sucks for the D+ guests though.