Getaway Versus Escape

Tyffni

Hey everyone,

I've haven't posted in a long time, but I really need your help. My husband and I booked the Norwegian Getaway, but now we are pondering switching to the Escape. Other than different ports, could someone tell me exactly what the differences will be between the two ships?

Thank you in advance!

We love the Getaway and are going on our 3rd cruise on her next month. Some of our favorite things about her- Flamingo Grill, Burn the Floor, the Waterfront, and the walk-up window (Sea Days) at Ocean Blue.

Also booked for the Escape which looks to be a little larger 'away' ship. Looking forward to Million Dollar Quartet and Margaritaville:D

Entertainment on Escape:

Million Dollar Quartet

After Midnight

John Hughes: For The Record at the Supper Club dinner theater

New Dining on Escape:

Bayamo instead of Ocean Blue

Pincho Tapas restaurant

Food Republic

Margaritaville instead of Flamingo Grill

New Bars on Escape:

District Brew House

The Cellars Wine Bar

5 O'Clock Somewhere instead of The Grammy Experience

Tobacco Road

Skyline Bar instead of Bliss

Also Spice H2O is all adult all the time, not just during the day time like on Getaway. It will have a neat grotto area.

Also:

Cantilevered hot tubs

More open pool deck design with a 2 level pool bar

What else?

Check it out at the source for the most info:

http://escape.ncl.com/

Edited by LrgPizza

entertainment on escape:

Million dollar quartet

after midnight

john hughes: For the record at the supper club dinner theater

new dining on escape:

Bayamo instead of ocean blue

pincho tapas restaurant

food republic

margaritaville instead of flamingo grill

new bars on escape:

District brew house

the cellars wine bar

5 o'clock somewhere instead of the grammy experience

tobacco road

skyline bar instead of bliss

also spice h2o is all adult all the time, not just during the day time like on getaway. It will have a neat grotto area.

Also:

Cantilevered hot tubs

more open pool deck design with a 2 level pool bar

what else?

Check it out at the source for the most info:

http://escape.ncl.com/

:d :d

I believe the Ice bar gone on the Escape also. Not a big deal for me though. I think it's a once and done kind venue.

I was trying to summarize some of the highlights, and didn't even consider that worth mentioning. haha. We didn't even bother with it.

Also, the spa on Escape has a snow room instead of a salt room, or something like that. We aren't spa people, so I don't even really know what that means. :o

Movies are shown constantly on the stateroom tv after sailaway. Some are repeated throughout the week but most are pretty recent releases (obviously not first run but within the past 6 mths or so). Also, they will occasionally have movies in the atrium, but, imo, this isn't the most ideal place to watch a movie as there are untold distractions.

Movies are shown constantly on the stateroom tv after sailaway. Some are repeated throughout the week but most are pretty recent releases (obviously not first run but within the past 6 mths or so). Also, they will occasionally have movies in the atrium, but, imo, this isn't the most ideal place to watch a movie as there are untold distractions.

On the Getaway this past January, there were also movies shown (some in 3D) in the theater during the day.

So will they not be showing movies on the escape since it will be adult at all times?

Maybe they will be showing "adult movies"? ;)

Just kidding. I've never understood people going to the movies on a ship. I can watch them at home.

On the Getaway last Dec. we never went to H2O during the "non-adult" times except to get our morning Bloody Mary so who knows what they will do.

Also expect GA to have price decrease vs ES now sales will go up on ES (or once when she's in service after good responses from the public).

That already happen - that's how I got 2 weeks on the Getaway for about $1050 and 1 week on the Escape for $950 for next year. :) Pretty good for a solo traveler, I must say.

Worst mobile post ever, took me a while with Dutch autocorrect... :)

At least yours was more understandable than some native English speakers, so more worries. :)

On the Getaway last Dec. we never went to H2O during the "non-adult" times except to get our morning Bloody Mary so who knows what they will do.

Ha! That would have been an adults only time. It is in the evening for movies and parties that kids are allowed. During the daytime is when it's adults only.

The ropes course on Escape is larger and has a rail to "swing" out over the ocean in addition to the Plank. Of course this is all from the drawings.

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

Worst mobile post ever, took me a while with Dutch autocorrect... :)

Did you know (at least on iphone) that the autocorrect function follows the Keyboard language?

I frequently write in French, Spanish & Portuguese as well as English. On iphone if you tap the small Globe beside the space bar, it changes the language of the keyboard layout (so you can access accents, etc.), and doing so also changes the autocomplete dictionary.

It was one of the biggest time-savers I learned! :)

Stephen

Did you know (at least on iphone) that the autocorrect function follows the Keyboard language?

I frequently write in French, Spanish & Portuguese as well as English. On iphone if you tap the small Globe beside the space bar, it changes the language of the keyboard layout (so you can access accents, etc.), and doing so also changes the autocomplete dictionary.

It was one of the biggest time-savers I learned! :)

Stephen

Thanks, will try that! I assumed I had to change the iOS language so I didn't bother. Thanks again!

Quick question, can people get in that water cascade in the back on the h2o or is that as decoration only ?

[ATTACH]355981[/ATTACH]

It's for cooling off. Absolutely it's there for people to get in. Getaway basically has that also, but this one is different decor.

It's for cooling off. Absolutely it's there for people to get in. Getaway basically has that also, but this one is different decor.

I liked the pool on the Epic better. There's nothing to float in now. You can either have your feet wet, or water running over your head. I guess my opinion isn't in the majority though. NCL is keeping the waterfall.

I liked the pool on the Epic better. There's nothing to float in now. You can either have your feet wet, or water running over your head. I guess my opinion isn't in the majority though. NCL is keeping the waterfall.

That pool on the Epic kind of creeped me out. It seemed like a deep scary pit to me. I think it was deeper than it was wide. :p

I agree. I loved the pool in Spice on the Epic. Had many interesting conversations while taking a dip :) And the pool ended up being in the shade from the huge screen above.

I agree. I loved the pool in Spice on the Epic. Had many interesting conversations while taking a dip :) And the pool ended up being in the shade from the huge screen above.

Excellent point. By the screen is about the only place to find shade in Spice.