Any Diamonond members used MSC

Yes we did Musica this time last year.

I think the best benefits to us were a free meal in a speciality restaurant (if you are a couple its actually 2 as you get a voucher for you and a guest each), and the bottle of Prosecco and chocolate strawberries delivered to the cabin. There was also a nice welcome back party, on our cruise there were less than 40 black members so lots of time to chat to senior staff which was interesting.

We really enjoyed MSC and are hoping to pick up a last minute cruise with them in the next few months.

Julie

Thank you all for your responses.

Kernow it is the Musica we are about to pull the trigger on (I hope). What did you think of the ship and the cruise and where did you sail from (if you don't mind me asking)

Thank you all for your responses.

Kernow it is the Musica we are about to pull the trigger on (I hope). What did you think of the ship and the cruise and where did you sail from (if you don't mind me asking)

We sailed from Abu Dhabi.

We really liked the ship, its very nicely done, lots of bars and lounges which seem to lead into one another but have their own style. The only time it felt crowded was on the pool deck on the sea day, all the loungers (even those not near the pool) were taken very early.

Food was good, MDR is small portions but lots of courses, also its open for lunch every day. The buffet is huge with lots of choice, make sure you walk all around first to see what is available in different areas, it was always quieter right at the back. We were on Brilliance in October and thought the food on MSC was much better than RCL seems to be offering lately.

All the staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful similar to what we have found on RCL.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Julie

We are booked on MSC Divina for December. Once the booking was completed and I received the reservation number, all I had to do was fill out the Loyalty Match form, take a screen shot of our proof of RCI Diamond level, and emailed it all to our rep at MSC. We received confirmation of our Black Card level 48 hours later.

In addition to the other perks mentioned above, we will also get a 5% discount for being Black Card members.

Diamond here and matched to Black as well. Have not cruised MSC yet but strongly considering them for a 2018 cruise.

same here , will be diamond plus by end of the year and if RCCL keeps cutting music and quality of food we will try MSC, love that they have a pool for suite people

same here , will be diamond plus by end of the year and if RCCL keeps cutting music and quality of food we will try MSC, love that they have a pool for suite people

We're not really that bothered about music but we did notice that MSC do not have an orchestra in the theatre, they use pre recorded music.

We still enjoyed the shows though,

Julie

Sorry all - what is MSC?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Military Sealift Command..;)

okay not really, it's an Italian based cruise line that is trying entice cruisers from Royal by offering to match your C&A status with their equivalent. based on my research, it seems to be a teeny notch above Celebrity in quality, style and elegance.

Sorry all - what is MSC?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mediterranean Shipping Company. An Italian company, known in the cruise industry as MSC. They are relatively new in the North American and Caribbean markets.....maybe 4 years or so. Very present in the European market.

Loyalty match done too and first MSC cruise booked. Incredible prices and nice to see the 'loyalty' perks you get on the first cruise LOL. :cool:

The Free Dinner for Black is a Tasting Menu in one of the Speciality places according to the info on the MSC Voyager Club Site.

Enter your loyalty number at the booking stage to automatically get 5% off the prices

AI drinks packages are much cheaper than RCI, working out at £20pd ($24) and drinks prices in general are far cheaper too - €5 for a glass of wine or bubbles!

The ship (Preziosa) looks fabulous. I'll be posting a review/comparison

Edited by little britain

We had the Black Dinner on the Fantasia last week which has only the El Sombrero Tex Mex as specialty restaurant.

The menu was limited to 5 items (quesadillas, burrito, chili con carne, black angus New York steak, mango cream). Compared to Sabor ... forget it! More the level of Taco Bell. We didn´t have the steak but all the other items.

steamboats

Mediterranean Shipping Company. An Italian company, known in the cruise industry as MSC. They are relatively new in the North American and Caribbean markets.....maybe 4 years or so. Very present in the European market.

They have been around a little longer then 4 years. My first MSC cruise aboard the Lirica was a S Caribbean from Miami on April 04!

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app

They have been around a little longer then 4 years. My first MSC cruise aboard the Lirica was a S Caribbean from Miami on April 04!

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app

Wow, I was under the impression that they were relatively new to this area. Has MSC been sailing out of FL regularly since '04?

I sailed them about 15 years ago out of florida on a very old ship the Melody , reminded me of Costa really good Italian food

We sailed from Abu Dhabi.

We really liked the ship, its very nicely done, lots of bars and lounges which seem to lead into one another but have their own style. The only time it felt crowded was on the pool deck on the sea day, all the loungers (even those not near the pool) were taken very early.

Food was good, MDR is small portions but lots of courses, also its open for lunch every day. The buffet is huge with lots of choice, make sure you walk all around first to see what is available in different areas, it was always quieter right at the back. We were on Brilliance in October and thought the food on MSC was much better than RCL seems to be offering lately.

All the staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful similar to what we have found on RCL.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Julie

Thank you Julie that is so kind