Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Hornblowers Mariner of the

Seas Around the Horn Cruise

Well, here we are with one week to go before we board the Mariner of the Seas for the epic 46 day around the horn of South America cruise from Port Canaveral to Los Angeles beginning 4 January 2009.

We have a roll call of about 200 people, most of who are cruising all 46 days. There are also folks cruising only one leg, be it first, second or third. Then there’s the 2 leggers on either first and second or second and third. Most of the states are covered, along with Canada, England and Australia.

We all have our Brazilian visas, our yellow fever shots or waivers due to age or health and various other injections for typhoid, Hep A & B and tetanus/diphtheria as needed.

Some are packed, some are still agonizing how/what to pack for so long a cruise and others will throw things in a suitcase at the last minute and hope they picked the right things.

There will be various folks contributing to this thread. So, you will get different perspectives of the same cruise. There will be reviews of many different excursions, both private and ship.

It’s about 50/50 sea days and port days.

That’s all there is for now.

Wishing everyone a huge Bon Voyage!!!

Besides a world cruise this would be a trip of a life time and as already posted.....it's on my bucket list too! :)

I printed out the itinerary so I know where you'll be each day, it would be nice if someone posts LIVE!

Have a great time, we'll be thinking of you!!!

Actually, as I understand it, there will be two "live from" the Mariner of the Seas, and both will be quite active.

Paul has started the first one............and very shortly I expect Carol (Merion_Mom) to be starting the second one. She is probably already onboard........doing a seven day precruise to the historic 46 night cruise!!

Some of us have to work..........and I won't be joining my DW and the rest of the group till the 3rd leg. I have instructed her on the use of my camera..........and am giving her 10 gig of memory to snap away as she desires.

So.....some of my posts will be via emails from Bobbie, since she does not post on CC.

Some of the group have already left home, by car, to arrive in Florida by the 1st or 2nd of January. Many are flying from all over into Orlando on the 3rd...........many to join a pre party........party, near the port.

As many as want to...........can watch them leave via a webcam, that will be posted here later this week. The Mariner does not leave till 8 PM next Sunday evening.

Rick

Paul started our cruise thread(11,000 + post now) and has done a great job and put in a TON of labor. We all will have a much better and more fun cruise because of it and Cruise Critic. Thanks to all. Stay tuned here, you will love it. Woody , Vicki

Godfather Paul and cruisemates :D~

Have a wonderful cruise..a once in a lifetime adventure. I recall when this cruise was announced and you all booked it..seems not so long ago.

Will read this thread with much interest.

Bon Voyage to all my friends on that cruise:)

Archived