It's the "Holland America Principle" at work, this time with Cunard... everything they portray, everything they change all says to their regular, established clientele "It would be ever so nice if you weren't here". Every company aspires to ageless Millennial hipsters it appears and anyone over the age of 60 is invisible in the self delusional company PR take on itself.

The irony is Millennial Hipsters still don't take Holland America or Cunard. Indeed, I work in an office where 75% of the folks are Millennial Hipsters and 30-somethings. And not one.. not a one (to my knowledge) has taken a cruise. Or even considered one. And I am the travel manager.

So if all this is designed to attract them, it's... delusional at worst, aspirational at best.

But I don't want to let Cunard down come this August on QE. I can still wear a trim fit suit and will have to work on that 7-day stubble. It's more salt than salt and pepper but hey...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH