RCI drydock schedule

Hi,

since my November 2019 Oasis cruise just got cancelled because of drydock extension...

( yeah!;p)

I think it would be a good idea to keep a thread on announced or proposed future drydock dates!

Here is what I know of:

Navigator Jan/ Feb 2019 (already moved)

Oasis Nov 2019 (already moved)

Rhapsody Nov 2019 ( waiting for the TA to be moved or cancelled ;p )

Anthem Fall 2020 ?:confused:

What else is out there?:confused:

Upps...headline mistake...any way to correct that?

Where did you get your source from..asking in particular about the Rhapsody? We're on it in Nov 2019 out of Tampa and haven't heard anything about it.

I’ve been through this a couple of times. Unfortunately your TA won’t be able to get anymore information for you. You will know from what is posted here more than your TA will get by calling Royal. She will be told that the sailing is closed for “inventory maintenance”. Only when Royal is ready to release the information will you (or your TA be notified). As I stated earlier this could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks or longer. It’s a pain not knowing but it is what it is.

Royal will offer a couple of price protected sailings around the same dates as well as some OBC ($100-$400) depending on cabin type) that can be used on the price protected sailings or can be used on any other sailing at its current price.

If you make your own alternative plans and move or cancel this cruise before Royal contacts you then you will not receive any compensation.

I know it’s tough but you just have to wait until Royal contacts you.

Mother Royal offered NO price protected anything when Explorer TP cancelled. Just a credit of the original price on an uber inflated cruise on Ovation or a smaller credit (10%) on whatever ship we wanted. My OBC did transfer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mother Royal offered NO price protected anything when Explorer TP cancelled. Just a credit of the original price on an uber inflated cruise on Ovation or a smaller credit (10%) on whatever ship we wanted. My OBC did transfer

Your cruise was more of a one off where there were no other comparable cruises to offer price protection.

Every Caribbean cruise that I have seen that has been chartered or redeployed has been the standard offer of a few price protected sailings and OBC. There are 3 other Oasis class ships sailing on Florida at that time although in reality I would guess that they may only get price protected sailings offered for Oasis and maybe earlier Allure cruises. The price points for Harmony and Symphony are higher so those likely won’t be offered.

Your cruise was more of a one off where there were no other comparable cruises to offer price protection.

Every Caribbean cruise that I have seen that has been chartered or redeployed has been the standard offer of a few price protected sailings and OBC. There are 3 other Oasis class ships sailing on Florida at that time although in reality I would guess that they may only get price protected sailings offered for Oasis and maybe earlier Allure cruises. The price points for Harmony and Symphony are higher so those likely won’t be offered.

Yea, there was. They could have done more with Ovation prices. They were extremely generous on Mariner repo.

Yea, there was. They could have done more with Ovation prices. They were extremely generous on Mariner repo.

Okay, anyway it’s irrelevant as I was replying to someone specifically about a 7 night Caribbean getting cancelled.

i am afraid by the time I hear on what Royal will offer for our April cruises, there may not be any rooms or very few available for March sailings. I could move us right now but will hold out until I hear something.

You are talking about over a year and a half away. There will be lots of rooms available for March 2020.

You may need to go to Royals UK site to see them (your Travel agent can also see all available rooms) as Royals US site only shows a very small % of the available rooms.

Hi Ken, after checking dates the daughter can switch to and she also is flexible, we wait. :) Not going to worry about something I have no control over at the moment. We have our Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro coming up in March so that is priority now.

Gay

Hi Ken, after checking dates the daughter can switch to and she also is flexible, we wait. :) Not going to worry about something I have no control over at the moment. We have our Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro coming up in March so that is priority now.

Gay

That’s great that your dates are flexible. Enjoy Hawaii.

Our Hawaii cruise with friends, will be to toast my DH whom I lost to a heart attack during our August 2017 Serenade TA 4 days from disembarking This is a Mother & daughter cruise.:). I had booked the Allure cruises to replace the Oasis our family was going to do this past April.

Gay

Hi,

since my November 2019 Oasis cruise just got cancelled because of drydock extension...

( yeah!;p)

I think it would be a good idea to keep a thread on announced or proposed future drydock dates!

Here is what I know of:

Navigator Jan/ Feb 2019 (already moved)

Oasis Nov 2019 (already moved)

Rhapsody Nov 2019 ( waiting for the TA to be moved or cancelled ;p )

Anthem Fall 2020 ?:confused:

What else is out there?:confused:

Upps...headline mistake...any way to correct that?

Anthem is on the Gibraltar Port schedule for June-October 2020.

http://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

All of the Allure April cruises are still showing on CruiseCal through May 3, 2020.

Look on Royals site. It may take some 3rd party sites days to update their sites. I’m still seeing them on some travel agencies as well but that doesn’t mean that you can book them.

I just checked with Bridget from Royal Caribbean and said the the Rhapsody is not scheduled for dry dock in 11/2019 as of today so I question the OP's original posting(maybe with other ships as well) unless can name their source of reference on original posting.

I just checked with Bridget from Royal Caribbean and said the the Rhapsody is not scheduled for dry dock in 11/2019 as of today so I question the OP's original posting(maybe with other ships as well) unless can name their source of reference on original posting.

Oasis and Navigator's dry dock dates mentioned in the OP are correct.

Oasis and Navigator's dry dock dates mentioned in the OP are correct.

How about the Rhapsody which we(9 with 4 cabins booked) are on in Nov 2019? Hey the OP says one thing and Bridget from RCCL says differently about the Rhapsody. Who am I surpose to believe???? and yes I know I'm a year and a half out but right now we are all on the same deck near each other.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

How about the Rhapsody which we(9 with 4 cabins booked) are on in Nov 2019? Hey the OP says one thing and Bridget from RCCL says differently about the Rhapsody. Who am I surpose to believe???? and yes I know I'm a year and a half out but right now we are all on the same deck near each other.

I don't know the OP sources, but the reason I mentioned Oasis and Navigator is because those dry docks are common knowledge. Regarding Rhapsody, I see a gap from 10/26/19 to 11/9/19, which would be enough time for a dry dock. I don't know why the OP is talking about Rhapsody cancellations.

Rhapsody’s last drydock was November 2016. I remember the chief posting that once a ship hits a certain age they need to undergo a drydock every 2 1/2 years. Not sure how much leeway there is on that 2 1/2 years but there’s definitely a gap in her schedule that could accommodate a drydock. Some drydocks are short. It depends on what they want to do.

Rhapsody’s last drydock was November 2016. I remember the chief posting that once a ship hits a certain age they need to undergo a drydock every 2 1/2 years.

I believe that it's at 20 yrs old when that starts - all Vision class are now of that vintage. Grandeur is already on that schedule.