RCI drydock schedule

Lifeboats can be strictly a lifeboat, or it can be a lifeboat/tender boat for dual use.

All of Quantum's boats appear to be the same (going off photos, never been on it), so perhaps they are exchanging two lifeboats for two tender/lifeboats. Planning on new ports requiring ship's tenders?

Deleted

Ken I just heard back from my TA who contacted Resolutions on Royal and yes they have closed all bookings for April at this time for the Allure, but indicated there were no Dry Dock, Charter or changes at this time. As far as my bookings, they are still intact. i will not stress it at this time and look forward to our Hawaii cruise in 8 months, a round trip out of San Pedro. Should there be any changes, we would be eligible for any promotions. My TA will let me know immediately if something changes.

Gay

One cruiser, if I am offered the Serenade I will probably decline and ask for something else. Sadly on our TA this past Aug and 4 days from Boston, my DH suffered a heart attack. Staff & cruise was wonderful but doubt I will book with the Serenade for that reason. Time will tell.

Beth you all set with your new booking.

Gay

I am so sorry... Reason I was offered Serenade was both ships sailed same length, same dates, were 12/13nites and both were Repo's

Hi Ken. So it’s been 5 weeks or so since the Allure has been pulled from the April 2020 cruising schedule. No information out from the company. Any thoughts on what might be going on there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Ken. So it’s been 5 weeks or so since the Allure has been pulled from the April 2020 cruising schedule. No information out from the company. Any thoughts on what might be going on there?

still the same, Allure is heading to Europe and will undergo her required drydock as well as a European season. Not surprising that it’s taking Royal a long time to finalize this. It took them a long time last year with the Oasis when they did the same thing.

Off to Europe for dry dock then off to Asia and Australia

Richard CEO Royal Caribbean told French Media around 6 months ago "Australia should see Oasis Class by 2020"

They use the lifeboats as tender boats if needed so I assume in this context tender boat=lifeboat.

Multiple Vision and Sovereign Class ships used only their onboard Tenders not their Lifeboats. They had 3-4ea at one time. Tender's were taller with window's, more comfortable... Unless I'm not understanding what you are trying to say.

still the same, Allure is heading to Europe and will undergo her required drydock as well as a European season. Not surprising that it’s taking Royal a long time to finalize this. It took them a long time last year with the Oasis when they did the same thing.

I guess then, it’s patience that I need. [emoji52]

Off to Europe for dry dock then off to Asia and Australia

Richard CEO Royal Caribbean told French Media around 6 months ago "Australia should see Oasis Class by 2020"

Thanks. Was unaware of that, or that it would be the Allure when we booked an April ‘20 cruise for her in April of this year.

I hope you do better than I did on a BR sailing. The sailing was for January 2019, it disappeared from the RCL site June 2017 and we got notified over 7 months later February 2018.

Molly I was like Cookie Diva, we were both booked on the Allure for April 2020 and I finally decided to get another cruise locked in and get good rooms before they were all gone so went with the Freedom for March 2020. Now I wait on the FCC but at least I know the daughter & I have our cruises booked. :)

And he might say something else by the end of the year.

Biker, who not put too much weight into Fain declarations that far out.

And he might say something else by the end of the year.

Biker, who not put too much weight into Fain declarations that far out.

Galveston thinks they're getting one in fall 2020. Someone is going to be sad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can't see that the infrastructure around the port could support an Oasis class ship.
Supposedly negotiating with Royal to build a new 6,000 passenger terminal. Opening in 2020

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Supposedly negotiating with Royal to build a new 6,000 passenger terminal. Opening in 2020

I'm thinking streets, hotels that don't have a two night minimum on the weekend, shuttles, multiple rental car agencies open on Sunday that take and issue on-way rentals. Building the terminal is the easy part, the surroundng infrastructure is the harder part.

DryDock

Voyager Of The Seas: 10 September to 14 October 2019 (Royal Amplification)

Quantum Of The Seas: 19 October to 16 November 2019 ( Adding 2 Tender Boats and more)

By replacing life boats with ones that can be used as tenders, should be 4 in total as on Ovation I have a feeling that Quantum will be used for the Australian Summer season to either add capacity or replace Voyager going forward. The South Pacific / New Zealand has quite a few ports requiring tendering for Quantum Class ships, hence this seems the reason.

For Bayonne, we will either see the new Quantum Plus ship to be positioned there or Anthem return after the europe / drydock season. Whatever Quantum class ship will not be deployed in Bayonne, we will then probably also see heading direction Asia

Regarding a Oasis Class Ship in Australia as of 2020+ this could still be realistic out of Brisbane to South Pacific cruises with lots of sea days

Also, getting back to the 2 month dry dock of Oasis in 2020, this suggests that all rooms will get a makeover with new carpets + replacement of TV's, Suites partially fully renovated, major updates as seen on Harmony and Symphony including the water slides and of course adding Wonderland at the current location of the Diamond lounge

By replacing life boats with ones that can be used as tenders, should be 4 in total as on Ovation I have a feeling that Quantum will be used for the Australian Summer season to either add capacity or replace Voyager going forward. The South Pacific / New Zealand has quite a few ports requiring tendering for Quantum Class ships, hence this seems the reason.

For Bayonne, we will either see the new Quantum Plus ship to be positioned there or Anthem return after the europe / drydock season. Whatever Quantum class ship will not be deployed in Bayonne, we will then probably also see heading direction Asia

Regarding a Oasis Class Ship in Australia as of 2020+ this could still be realistic out of Brisbane to South Pacific cruises with lots of sea days

Also, getting back to the 2 month dry dock of Oasis in 2020, this suggests that all rooms will get a makeover with new carpets + replacement of TV's, Suites partially fully renovated, major updates as seen on Harmony and Symphony including the water slides and of course adding Wonderland at the current location of the Diamond lounge

Oasis has her drydock in 2019. Right now there is a 2 month gap however her TA will take up part of that.

There have been some ships in for some pretty extensive drydocks lately and they didn’t do that much work to the interior cabins so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.