Luggage tags

sfrieman

You print however many copies you need from your cruise documents and then fold them. Some people get the clear plastic luggage tag holders and attach to their luggage and others simply staple them around their suitcase handle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leaving on the Grandeur 3 weeks from today. How do we obtain luggage tags? Thanks

Go to the area where you did your online check in to get your Sea Pass. Since you are now so close to sailing there will be a gray tab that says “print luggage tags”. Print as many as you need (Black & white is fine).

• 4 months later...
Do you need luggage tags for your carry on bags also?

Thanks!

You can, but they are mainly for identifying where the checked bags go.

In the past, I have always stapled the paper tags together at the hotel before leaving for the port. On my past cruise, I used plastic tag holders provided by my TA. One of the tag holders was ripped off and the bag after being handed to the porter and was delayed until someone took the time to use the name tag to ID the owner and then put a handwritten tag on it.

• 2 months later...

You may print luggage tags 49 prior to sailing, although you can print set sail pass prior. You do not need luggage tag if you are carry on your bag, but you might just want to put one on in case you loose your bag anyway

• 1 month later...
You may print luggage tags 49 prior to sailing, although you can print set sail pass prior. You do not need luggage tag if you are carry on your bag, but you might just want to put one on in case you loose your bag anyway

There's the answer i was looking for. Its confusing when the set sail pass is ready to print, but not luggage tags

You can, but they are mainly for identifying where the checked bags go.

In the past, I have always stapled the paper tags together at the hotel before leaving for the port. On my past cruise, I used plastic tag holders provided by my TA. One of the tag holders was ripped off and the bag after being handed to the porter and was delayed until someone took the time to use the name tag to ID the owner and then put a handwritten tag on it.

That's why I always put 2 tags on each bag.

The color coding does help them quickly see where the bag goes. So while not required, it may help.

And if you have any special handling perks (suite, Pinnacle, etc), make sure you print you tags, and they have the info to get priority handling.

Or, get them from the porters when you hand over your bags at port!

That's not how it works for GR in Baltimore. When you arrive at the port they will ask you 1) are you parking or dropping off and 2) do you need luggage tags. There is a small shed they have set up before you drop your luggage that does nothing but luggage tags for those that need them. The porters where you drop off luggage are a bit past that point and around a turn.

We've been on GR like 6 times and out of Baltimore 7 times. I print our tags and use clear holders and put two on each bag (one on each handle). Never had the clear plastic ones ripped off.

The color coding does help them quickly see where the bag goes. So while not required, it may help.

And if you have any special handling perks (suite, Pinnacle, etc), make sure you print you tags, and they have the info to get priority handling.

There is no priority handling. C&A status makes no difference for luggage delivery.

And color coding doesn't mean anything. The quadrant marking and deck number is all the use and need.