Just offered an upgrade on Liberty, your thought!

kelbell

Just got an upgrade offer, first time ever. On Liberty 12/9/18 for $42. We have never been in Liberty, we are corrently on deck six midship. The offer is for deck 8 midship. Since we have never been on this ship is it a good offer? Any thoughts?

Just got an upgrade offer, first time ever. On Liberty 12/9/18 for $42. We have never been in Liberty, we are corrently on deck six midship. The offer is for deck 8 midship. Since we have never been on this ship is it a good offer? Any thoughts?

Deck 9 is the Lido deck, what is going to be above your cabin?

I probably wouldn't.

What cabin do you have booked and what kind of cabin is the upgrade for? That is a critical piece of the puzzle.

Is it the same type of cabin like balcony on deck 6 to balcony on deck 8? Or is this offer from a deck 6 interior/ocean view to a deck 8 balcony?

Either way you are going to have possible noise above or below you since deck 9 is lido, and deck 5 is the promenade with all the bars/clubs/lounges.

If the move is the same type of room on a higher floor I would save the $42, but if it's going from interior/ocean view to balcony then thats a really good deal!

It’s not an upgrade, it’s an upsell. When you picked your room out the price to “improve” your location was likely very similar.

Nothing wrong with re-thinking your decision at Carnivals behest, but it’s not a deal that you couldn’t have gotten in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for the delay i'm in NH with spotty data. We are in balcony 6425 category 8B. Offer is 8352 balcony category 8D for $42. We just booked this the beginning of August. We have only been on one other carnival. Love all the opions, thats the best thing about these boards!!!!

Sorry for the delay i'm in NH with spotty data. We are in balcony 6425 category 8B. Offer is 8352 balcony category 8D for $42. We just booked this the beginning of August. We have only been on one other carnival. Love all the opions, thats the best thing about these boards!!!!

The room should be just the same so its just the deck/location forward or aft you are changing. Personally I would do it!

Both are mid aft. I did call and was also offered deck nine and ten, all balcony oprions. Since we dont have internet here i couldnt pull up the higher decks to see the locations. And not being familiar with the ship we decided on the offer for deck 8. I was trusting the rep. With the location. I was able to pull up beyondships too see the decks. We are good with the location. Thank u all.

If you're on deck 8, I believe there are only cabins above and below you. Something to consider if you're worried about or bothered by noise. Deck 6 is above the Promenade so you might be over a bar or something. I'd probably stay where I was instead of paying more. Noise from below isn't as much of a problem as noise from overhead.

Both are mid aft. I did call and was also offered deck nine and ten, all balcony oprions. Since we dont have internet here i couldnt pull up the higher decks to see the locations. And not being familiar with the ship we decided on the offer for deck 8. I was trusting the rep. With the location. I was able to pull up beyondships too see the decks. We are good with the location. Thank u all.

Your new room appears to be right underneath the transition from the pool area to the Lido Buffet area. You will probably have foot traffic noise from above throughout the day and evening, but hopefully at night it will be quiet for you.

For what it's worth, the old room on deck 6 was right over the promenade corridor, away from the night clubs, so was probably going to be pretty quiet.

If you're on deck 8, I believe there are only cabins above and below you. Something to consider if you're worried about or bothered by noise. Deck 6 is above the Promenade so you might be over a bar or something. I'd probably stay where I was instead of paying more. Noise from below isn't as much of a problem as noise from overhead.

Deck 8 on Liberty has the Lido deck public areas right above, including pool, bars, and buffet area, except for the forward area that is cabins.

;)Thank you progRockCruiser. Your due diligence is appreciated.

You are quite welcome!

I'm always scoping out the various decks when booking to find the most-ideal-for-me spot. So it was pretty easy to open up the deck plan and have a look - who knows, maybe I'll spot something that will benefit me too!

Deck 8 on Liberty has the Lido deck public areas right above, including pool, bars, and buffet area, except for the forward area that is cabins.

Good thing I saw this thread. We just booked a cabin on deck 8 a couple of days ago. I don't know why we were thinking there were only cabins on deck 9. I checked and our cabin was under the pool area so I just Carnival called and changed our cabin number to one farther forward and under other cabins (same category). Thanks for setting me straight!

Lol my sister, mom and gma had offers too for same cruise. Theirs was interior to balcony for 180 and the other two rooms oceanview to balcony for 180 and 280. Only my sister took the upgrade. My parents laughed at it since it wouldn't save them anything

I wouldn't take it just due to what is above.

[emoji312][emoji568][emoji572]next cruise: Carnival Liberty [emoji562] 12.9.18[emoji572][emoji568][emoji312]