Penthouse Suite options on the Emerald

lloyfisc647

Hello,

My husband and I are heading out on a cruise next week and we upgraded to a penthouse suite from a club class mini suite. We’ve never been in a penthouse suite and I’m told there’s a ton of benefits we get - what are they? I’ve seen the listing online but I’m curious what features or extras we should look out for and make sure we use?

We’ll be on the emerald - any feedback on that ship would be great as well!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no! We’re in R408 ...

There are also numerous comments on occupants that never had any issues.

Figured I would give you that heads up. I know I would have wanted to know. :)

We ran into the same type issue with an Emerald deck aft suite over the Club Fusion Lounge stage.

We did hear some bass noise but not enough to cause an issue. ;)

Breakfast in Sabatini's

Club Class dining

You can order from the MDR menu to eat in your cabin (but it will all come at once).

Laundry

Shoe Shine (I wonder if this is actually used very much)

"Enhanced Turn Down Service" which nobody can seem to figure out what that is. :rolleyes:

Oh no! We’re in R408 ...

We had R408 on the Emerald. While the lido deck noise (it definitely was present) didn’t bother us, the balconies are rather narrow. The wooden lounge chairs have to be side by side (pretty much touching) to fit.....:(:(:(

Bob

We had R408 on the Emerald. While the lido deck noise (it definitely was present) didn’t bother us, the balconies are rather narrow. The wooden lounge chairs have to be side by side (pretty much touching) to fit.....:(:(:(

Bob

I agree. We (R408 on Crown) didn't get too worked up over the occasional noises from above, but I found that skinny balcony to be a cruel joke.

One thing we loved, along with the breakfast, laundry, etc. was that the steward seemed extra attentive. We'd leave the cabin for 20 minutes and come back to find he'd already been there and done his stuff. I should point out that that's been our experience all three times we've sailed in a suite. I believe others have not had that experience, but we've begun to consider it an undeclared suite perk.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Afternoon tea is always nice...we are Elite and so get double mini bar set up - if you don't drink you can trade for soda or coffee card - there are not really any secrets besides what is listed online - we are on your sailing so will see you in Sabatini's for breakfast - we travel in suites and this is our favorite perk...if it was a 7 day you get 1st night in specialty but being only 4 days that perk does not apply...

Breakfast in Sabatini's

Club Class dining

You can order from the MDR menu to eat in your cabin (but it will all come at once).

Laundry

Shoe Shine (I wonder if this is actually used very much)

"Enhanced Turn Down Service" which nobody can seem to figure out what that is. :rolleyes:

Don't bother requesting the shoe shine. The steward will just paint the shoes with liquid polish.

The only thing I found enhanced about the turn down service is getting two small bottles of water.

Hi on Emerald you have club class dining; which is great. You will have free dinner in Crown Grill on first night of cruise. You will also have breakfast available in Crown grill every morning; there is no Sabitini's on Emerald; there is Curtis Stone Share. You have free laundry service; you have one free mini bar setup. If you don't want that you can ask room service to remove mini bar and they will give you two coffee cards. You have priority boarding when you check in. There should be a suite desk at the terminal; it should take less than ten minutes to check in once you pass security. You will receive fruit basket and snacks during the cruise. Snacks usually are delivered mid afternoon. ** We had family suite on Emerald last July. It was awesome; service was great and our room was very nice

Hi on Emerald you have club class dining; which is great. You will have free dinner in Crown Grill on first night of cruise. You will also have breakfast available in Crown grill every morning; there is no Sabitini's on Emerald; there is Curtis Stone Share. You have free laundry service; you have one free mini bar setup. If you don't want that you can ask room service to remove mini bar and they will give you two coffee cards. You have priority boarding when you check in. There should be a suite desk at the terminal; it should take less than ten minutes to check in once you pass security. You will receive fruit basket and snacks during the cruise. Snacks usually are delivered mid afternoon. ** We had family suite on Emerald last July. It was awesome; service was great and our room was very nice

Sadly no free diner in Crown grill - its a 4 day cruise - only for 6 and over -

So is the free suite breakfast in share everyday than?

Breakfast in Crown Grill is the best perk. Do not miss it! Have tons of mimosas, the best eggs Benedict ever and specialty coffees. You can order anything you want, even if it is not on the menu! And the pastries are yummy! The waiters are the best. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, lloyfisc647 said:

Hello,

My husband and I are heading out on a cruise next week and we upgraded to a penthouse suite from a club class mini suite. We’ve never been in a penthouse suite and I’m told there’s a ton of benefits we get - what are they? I’ve seen the listing online but I’m curious what features or extras we should look out for and make sure we use?

We’ll be on the emerald - any feedback on that ship would be great as well!

Cheers!

Curious as to how your cabin was. Any noise issues? We are considering the same one.

thanks!  

Sorry I'm replying too late for the benefit of OP, but since someone asked today about experience, I'll add mine.  We were in R404 on Crown for two weeks and throughly loved the cabin.  Yes, the balcony could be more generous and yes, I worried about deck noise from above.  However, our actual experience with noise was minimal, sure we heard something now and again but we never heard anything that could be described as scrapping or dragging of chairs.  We were never awakened by noise nor were we ever prevented from sleeping because of noise.

I'd book the cabin again in a instant were I so lucky as to find the necessary extra cash or, as were we as on this occasion, offered an irresistible upgrade.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 3:30 PM, memoak said:

You should also have a DVD player in the suite and you can order DVD's from a library (at least I have always seen this on longer cruises)

If I may ask, is the dvd player permanently installed in the suite cabins or do you have to ask for one? We're getting reading to board the Island in about a week and have read nothing about dvds in the suite cabins. Is this standard across the fleet or are they only available in the suites on the Emerald?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I may ask, is the dvd player permanently installed in the suite cabins or do you have to ask for it? We're getting reading to board the Island in about a week and have read nothing about dvds in the suite cabins. Is this standard across the fleet or are they only available in the suites on the Emerald?

Have not seen a DVD player in a suite in years.

They used to be in a cabinet near the TV/bar sink/living room.

• Like 2