Question about post Cruise flights home

littysmom

Hi.. We have an upcoming cruise in a few months. I am currently looking at flight times on return flights from Fort Lauderdale . I found an 1050 am. We could do self assist disembarking and be off the ship by 730 or 8..right? Would that allow enough time to get to the airport and check in?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi.. We have an upcoming cruise in a few months. I am currently looking at flight times on return flights from Fort Lauderdale . I found an 1050 am. We could do self assist disembarking and be off the ship by 730 or 8..right? Would that allow enough time to get to the airport and check in?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi

This has been asked many times before, but I will explain again.

Your statement that goes "...and be off the ship by 730 or 8...right?" So, reality is you will likely be off the ship at that time if there are no delays, and in that case you should easily make the flight.

Your only issue would be if there were a delay. If this is your chosen strategy, it would be prudent to have a plan B, just in case.

have a great cruise

This flight would work unless US Customs brings only a few agents to the terminal for the early disembarking passengers, there are no medical emergencies delaying general disembarkation, there are many ships disembarking at or before your time, and if many of your fellow cruise passengers have the same early departure plans that will clog airport Security lines.

Purchasing TSA Pre-Check will get you out of the normal congestion in the airport terminal Security lines.

That will work unless some really unusual circumstance happens and either the ship doesn't arrive on time, debarkation is delayed, customs delayed, etc. Those kinds of delays are rare, but they do happen.

We have made a 10:30 flight in Ft. Lauderdale with no problems, but unless there is no other reasonable flight available, probably wouldn't do it again.

Out of F you can usually make a 10:00 a.m. flight. One at 10:50 is easy to do, even if you are not one fo the first groups off the ship. It is about a 10 minute cab ride from the port. you need to be at the airport about an hour ahead of you flight, though 90 minutes would be better, but that is still plenty of time.

I have been stuck in some VERY long. slow moving lines in the terminal in the port of FLL, due to such things as an inadequate number of Immigration Officers available.

I have been stuck in some VERY long, slow moving TSA lines in the FLL airport.

The day of the week, as well as the number of ships in port that are disgorging thousands of departing passengers can definitely affect how bad it is. Some days there are as many as 8 big cruise ships in port in FLL!